or Connect

Posts by MysticalOS

this and no imac either. kind of hard to do good mac sales when you don't update them. laptops are selling well, but ignoring an entire market of desktop user kind of dampens mac sales.
well said. I don't care what other android fans keep saying about apple excluding flash because it was a competeitor blah blah. um, not even remotely close. Steve just didn't want a device that ran like crap. Period. It's not like HTML5 is owned by apple. It's in fact an open standard that's far more portable and runs MUCH smoother. Something that's important for a less powerful mobile device.
https://www.facebook.com/MacProsPlease/posts/454670807879356?comment_id=5766996&offset=0&total_comments=183   Facebook user on mac pro group claims tim cook replied with pretty much 'later next year"   Translation, maybe they are going to wait for ivy server chip? who knows.   At the very least they need to bring the 2010 rehash into a price that's actually reasonable. Charging what the parts were worth, in 2010, is unacceptable. Not a single peice of...
except the performance difference between current gen hardware and 2010 is miles apart, literally. I mean heck, even if they released an update tomorrow, it'd be based off sandy bridge server chips and even that is half way through it's life cycle, it's a shame really. I'm waiting for a new mac pro cause 2010 one does not have the performance i need for my 2012 tasks. the 5870 graphics card we have is also quite obsolete, the 7000 series is half way through it's life...
The facebook group is weak, but i have sent tcook@apple.com formal and polite letters twice in the last year, on my concerns of apples future commitment to pro users in general. As someone who needs a powerful tower both professionally and recreationally. an imac is not an option, certainly a macbook pro isn't one. sure this years imac may run this years stuff, but they are severely lacking in expansion and customability. as for their vid cards, they aren't the highest...
^ This is pretty much what i was going to say but already to the point. 
Don't forget google uses webkit for Chrome   The two things identified by google are in Webkit, not safari.
Apple has shifted their focus, to iOS gaming. macintosh desktop gaming is still sub part. Lion pushed opengl 3.2 as a sub feature, barely even mentioning it at all, and highlighted a bunch of features relevent to a mobile platform instead. Even then, 3.2 was about 2 years too late to end user. Even with 10.8, no 4.x is in sight. They aren't working very well with ati and nvidia either in bringing the latest hardware to us sooner, instead of having to settle for a 2...
You do realize the tax rate is so high they'd literally piss away billions right? Apple isn't asking for no taxation, they are asking for the gov not to take a whopping chunk off top. Lowering the tax would most certainly encourage more US side money investment. Sure, companies will still outsource cheap labor oversea's and still save money taht way. but, when companies start building other things there beyond labor, instead of US. then it's a problem. Imagine a financial...
Obviously they aren't making a car, but i can totally see an istereo car audio system, apple could quickly become the next allpine brand of stereo's for automobiles heh.