or Connect

Posts by Argelius

As a GMail user, I've been bouncing between Sparrow and Mail Plane for a while now.  I've largely stuck with these because I was operating under the assumption that these two mail clients don't store messages locally, but rather on GMails servers.   I've struggled with keeping my 256 SSD from busting at the seems, so  this seemed like a good option to only accessing GMail via their web portal.   I'd like to start using Mail since I like to keep everything in the...
I recently switched to a MacBook Air, necessitating me pay more careful attention to my utilization of drive space. I'd previously been using MailPlane to access my GMail accounts. It's ugly (as is GMail), but it did the job. I'm intrigued by Sparrow which does similar things, but in a much more elegant package. Sparrow has an option to "download messages on demand" which I assume makes it act more like Mailplane by storing locally only what you need. I'm...
Thanks -- good advice.
I am getting a MacBook Air to replace my 4+ year old MacBook Pro. Rather than using migration assistant, I think I want to start from fresh and do manual migration. I'm a notorious "tinkerer" and install and uninstall lots of apps and utilities. Consequently, I've accumulated a lot of left-over flotsam and jetsam on my mac. Moreover, given the SDD restrctions with the Air, I want to conserve as much space as possible and not migrate over a bunch of unnecessary...
As I anxiously await the final specs on the new Airs, it's looking more and more like there won't be a higher-capacity (>256 GB) option on the 13" model. So, throwing caution to the wind, I'm thinking of gettig a 380 (or 480!) SSD from macsales.com. Two questions: [1] I realize it's too early to know for sure, but is there any reason to think that the 3rd party SSDs won't be compatible with the new Airs (given that it sounds like they are only getting new...
So, anyone care to speculate about the likelihood of a higher capacity SSD option on the 13" Air? I'm so hoping for something more than 256GB...
Some great points. Thanks!
So, were all those rumors about the MacBook Air's imminent refresh greatly exaggerated? I nobody other than Mr Jobs knows for sure....but I'm dying to buy one.
Something recently happened to my google calendars causing them to all disappear from Google. Anyway, that mystery remains. I am currently trying to re set up iCal to sync with Google Calendars and things aren't working quite right. In iCal, I've done Calendar>Subscribe and entered the URL for that particular Google calendar. This has been completed for the 5 separate Google calendars I have and they show up in the list of subscribed calendars. However, if I...
For what it's worth, I received the following suggestion from the Apple discussion forums which seems to have fixed my problem: It's possible your computer only needs a SMC reset. SMC RESET • Shut down the computer. • Plug in the MagSafe power adapter to a power source, connecting it to the Mac if its not already connected. • On the built-in keyboard, press the (left side) Shift-Control-Option keys and the power button at the same time. • Release all the keys...