or Connect

Posts by bugsnw

It took the music industry years to come around to the Jobs' vision of cheap singles that discouraged piracy and encouraged discovery of new music. Now we have to wait until these idiots finally figure out that making content easy to consume will help generate more interest and eyeballs.   The trend towards more and longer commercials has to end or they will destroy their own audience.   It just takes time. Even Apple took their sweet time before realizing that free...
Yep. My parents just bought a nifty new iPad Air 2 and my dad asked me how they could have all their photos in the cloud so they could view them with their Apple TV, new and old iPads and on the computer. Since they had all their stuff on their computer, I thought it was as simple as checking a box somewhere. But that didn't work. So I had to go online and read up on how iCloud worked with iPhoto. It wasn't a one-click, make this stuff work, solution. I think we'll get...
Pixelmator is amazing and fun to use. I'm used to the basics in Photoshop and find it clumsy to try to use something else, but that's just a matter of learning a new habit.   The way the guides work and the easy extraction of an object from its background make Pixelmator the go-to app for me.   There is something about Photoshop, however. Using it, it just seems so exact. Not sure what I'm trying to say here but other Apps just lack that graphics smoothness. It's...
I absolutely love and need Dropbox. I would be happy if Apple just copied the way DB does things, which is what you described in your 3rd paragraph. I'm not sure what is holding Apple up on all of this stuff because from the outside, it seems so easy. DB has figured out an elegant solution and whatever difficult shenanigans are going on in the background, they certainly managed to hide it from the user. Apple has other security concerns and probably is thinking of how to...
At some point, we are going to have to examine our system. Why do we allow these worthless, greedy attorneys to run roughshod over any company they deem able to fill their pockets. Especially in the area of patent trolls.   One excellent case is those worthless bastards in Texas suing Podcasting concerns. They don't have a product or provide anything of value. They just sue and hope to settle out of court. But now they've picked on the wrong guy. Adam Carolla has one of...
I don't think there's any debate about the anti-frackers. Hollywood, left-leaning liberals are only into renewables. President Obama won't ok the keystone pipeline. He's creating head winds towards US energy independence. Here's a guy I like..interesting article besides. However you slice it or whatever side you lean towards, some portion of lower fuel prices will end up in Apple's coffers. An earlier poster commented on how energy prices have historically helped drive...
The way Apple makes you jump through hoops to view content on their LMN channel is silly. It's the same for ABC and other tiles. The Apple TV can't remember your code so every now and then, you click the tile and up pops a code. Then you have to remember it, jump off the couch, quickly log onto your computer, open Safari, remember the web site, then click your service provider and code.   How about this, instead. I have DirecTV. Give me a code for that and I'll enter it...
What the... Zack's head is either shiny or mottled.   Apple's prices are coming down. FB functionality is headed in the same direction.   Try playing videos from FB on your iPad. It's clumsy and slow.
For the poster who doesn't see what might drive demand of iPhones in the future....well, that's the fun of it. No one knows when the next huge innovation will take place. It could also be something external like the internet.   Just using my old crystal ball, I see all kinds of compelling features to stoke upgrading: huge bump in battery life, screen quality, the killer app that requires the latest cpu, killer design.   Mini pocket computers aren't going away anytime...
You caught me. I'll go read it......1st sentence, 2nd paragraph.........trying...... Yep...still not a very good replica.