or Connect

Posts by bugsnw

A single tear just ran down my cheek, like that Indian on his horse looking at the litter.
Suddenly Newton,   Exactly my thoughts. It's going to take a generation or so for higher education to catch up and update their curricula to the new and best way to do business. The world would be a far better place if all companies were like Apple. Make your products or services the best you can and the money will follow (assuming price and marketing and support are all given the same care).   If Samsung really pushed the envelope with new innovations and/or build...
Dvorak has been a veritable Schrödinger's cat throughout his career, cooped up in a box isolated from any outside influence of reality. His possible exposure to some sort of toxic experiment has created a quantum paradox where Dvorak is perpetually both writing and wronging at the same time, an uncertainty that must be seen to be believed.   I just saw this article and the above bit just blew my mind. Such great writing. Bravo!
I'm not an engineer so I'm just guessing, but these radio processors must be one of the main power hogs after the LCD and CPU. As someone alluded to above, it's likely one of the more expensive parts as well. In other words, there's a lot of motivation for Apple to take this in-house. Reductions in power consumption and cost would offset new innovations such as the sapphire glass.
The only thing Google hasn't tried to clone from Apple is Steve Jobs himself. Crap...I just gave them an idea........
Apple can beat this just by creating a more robust ATV that runs the iOS well enough that the entire App store becomes its playground. I'd certainly pay a chunk of change for that. I like that Amazon's unit plays games. They seem to be approaching tablets and TVs with aplomb. The unit looks nice and has some nifty features. Great price. Optional game controllers show their commitment. Sweet. It will definitely nudge Apple. I think Amazon is going to sell a ton of these...
I really enjoyed that. Apple couldn't have had a better moment than that.   What would have been an even better song was that theme to National Lampoon's Vacation. That would have conjured up images of Christy in that Ferrari and made the universe whole.
 Well you got me there. I wasn't aware that amazon was a 1-product company.
Heard the monopoly nonsense in business school, only it was tagged to Walmart.Still waiting for the universal price hikes to hit.   Amazon is a monopoly of what, exactly? Jeff B. is a volume guy and likes low prices. That's just the way he rolls. $99 is still a huge bargain for online shoppers like me. There will be no price hikes because this economy is still sluggish. Everyone can compare value online.
I've always maintained a relationship with the local Apple store manager as well as a phone rep. Most of my discounts have come from my phone guy. They aren't huge as we are not wal-mart but they are appreciated. As is the way they treat us like they value our business. I tend to try to establish relationships wherever I shop, whether it's Williams-Sonoma, Costco or the local grocery store.   I view it as win-win.