or Connect

Posts by bugsnw

Phone bills are notoriously complex and it'd be easy to hide charges in there. This whole debacle doesn't surprise me.   So they get fined $160 million and the customer gets $.03 cents. The lawyers always run up those bills just enough that I get my 3 cents. They're good. Hmm........
I couldn't believe it. The following morning, the professional feed was right there on Facebook. All 12 rounds. I watched round 4 and nearly fell asleep and called it good.   Is this Periscope app capable of HD? I'll keep an eye out for a few of those just to see what they look like. One day, when cameras are basically embedded into our eyes (or the space between our eyes), reality tv will take another leap. Why Facebook when your entire life, in real time, can be...
Ah...thank you for this article. Now I know why my iPad 3 won't keep up with SMS text messages. I was trying to create new dual passwords all weekend, thinking maybe Apple's servers were just slow or perhaps there was a bug in the new update. Well, I guess I'll be updating my iPad when the newest model comes out in a few months. Is it just me or is the 3rd gen. iPad slowing down over time? ;-) I used to be able to watch movies without jitters or the video falling behind...
My wish list:   OSX   Rewrite the Mail app from the bottom up. Make it as stable as the iOS version.   Less white. Winter is over. Let's add back some gray and color. Pro apps look awesome. iTunes looks pallid and uninspired. The new Photos app just looks terrible compared to iPhoto.   Sidebars are incredibly useful on huge monitors that are wider than they are tall. Bring them back.   I still prefer the old "Save As..." method of document management. The new way...
We can give a huge thanks to Adam Carolla who gave these a*sholes a verbal lashing from time to time on his podcasts. Hopefully this will discourage future lawyers (if even just a smidgen) from battering companies with the threat of costly litigation, forcing them to settle rather than fight for what is right. I really think some financial damage is called for for these immoral bloodsuckers we tolerate in the legal system. Let's not let them off the hook for doing their...
Sad to see iPhoto go. But bring in the new! Photos seemed to do a pretty good job of importing all my photos, but upon first opening it, you might be in for a shock.   I had my library organized by Events, which made the most sense to me. When I opened Photos, there were photos all over the place, with dates going up to 2018.   Thankfully, there is a menu command to get the sidebar back. I have no idea why this magnificent interface tool has been discarded by Apple...
I'm looking forward to trying the new keyboard. Less key travel is definitely going to affect typing speed at first. I usually adapt pretty quickly but one thing has taken longer than I thought. The distance between the number row and the small function keys above is not enough for me to avoid hitting a function key instead of a number from time to time.   Kudos to Apple for innovating in areas we thought were done.
Well for me, as in many things such as typing and driving my car, i've developed 'body' memory. I don't look at polarized plugs first. I don't look at USB plugs first. I grab the end and try it. It seems like 90% of the time, I select the wrong orientation.   If you have to look at the plug, it's time to redesign the plug.   I can't believe how smug some people are about their success rate with USB-A. Jeeezus.   By the way, you can have the silly audio plug as well....
Amen. And Apple, please use every inch of available space on our TVs for reviews, show summaries, anywhere where there's a lot of text. Don't cram it all at the top at an 8 pt font size and expect anyone to be able to read it. Make it beautiful but pay attention to reading clarity. And don't make me get up out of my comfy chair to go enter in some code from the tv to my computer.
Yes....hurry, Tim. I need to get out from under my satellite provider. Every few months, the bills get larger. I love the new genie hardware but many programs still pixelate constantly. I do the same as a poster above, going back and forth between Netflix and iTunes. If I had the cooking shows, cable news and local channels, I'd be all in.