or Connect

Posts by bugsnw

I'm always mystified about wall street comments to the effect of being surprised that Apple is able to sell such expensive items, all the while enjoying explosive growth.   The iPhone is one of the rare opportunities where just about everybody can buy the premier, world-class product enjoyed by the rich.   How much does it take to join this rarefied club? Under $1,000.   Cars, TVs, Homes, Jewelry, Watches, Clothing....the best of the best in these categories will...
I bet Apple wanted Broadwell in this new iMac in the worst way. Is it just me or did Schiller seem a little under enthused during his presentation? It's like he took a Xanax.   If that's iFixit's take, that its all the same inside the new iMac except the monitor, that's a bit disingenuous. I'm a couple years from updating my iMac anyhow so I'm sure the innards will be up to iFixit's standards by then.
It's so friggin' nice to have an email App that works again. Mavericks was driving me nuts with the erratic mail behavior. I learned several weird tricks to trigger a check for mail like checking for updated Apps in iTunes before opening Mail. Weird.   All these extra features are just a huge bonus and very much needed. I'm curious about how long the attachments stay 'live' and whether we get an update that they were downloaded (optional).   Yosemite is pretty awesome...
 Steve Jobs already addressed this common refrain from the pulp eating masses. Some people have a higher aesthetic than others. As Steve liked to point out, a gifted craftsman would make the back of a drawer just as beautiful as the front. When asked why, since it was in the back where no one would see it, he simply replied, "I know it's there." I don't think anyone is swallowing pills due to the chin on the iMac but it would be gorgeous if all you could see was a retina...
None of the current rumors about the iPad Air get me all that excited. The top of the list for me would be the higher resolution coupled with the A8x. I'm hoping Apple surprises with unexpected graphics power prowess or some new screen technology. There's too much "iPad growth stagnating" verbiage online and hopefully Apple feels the need to be aggressive to reignite interest. The iPhone 6+ is going to replace iPads for some, not necessarily a good thing.   If it's just...
When he says that Apple killed Nokia and the paper industry and that lead to a downgrade of debt, he's putting the blame on the wrong entity. Progress and innovation do create displacement and disruption, but that's a good thing. It's up to Finland to rework those industries and try to catch back up.   His picture sort of threw me. I just watched the life story of Buddy Holly starring Gary Busey a few days ago. Had to do a double-take.
Excited about all the new goodies coming within a week.   I never understood those that want to decouple everything in iTunes. I can't imagine digging around for dozens of Apps to look for stuff or enjoy the varied entertainment.   Ok, I do have a big beef. I love podcasts but Apple needs to fix the Podcasts App so it syncs and works as expected. Grrrrrrrr......
Yep. I found the same thing. In fact, as iOS updates, my poor iPad 3 struggling. I thought it was hopelessly sluggish with iOS 8 and then, out of frustration, did a simple restore. Now it's back to merely slow, but not the crazy bad stuttering and pausing that was driving me nuts on my first simple over-the-air iOS update. Anywhoo, I hope any resolution increases come with bumped up GPUs so we don't have another iPad 3 experience.
I have the 1st retina screen iPad, 3rd gen. It was heavier, ran hotter, and went through battery life pretty quickly. For what I use it for, I didn't mind. I like putting on movies as I drift off to sleep. I also read a lot of iBooks.   Now I have no choice but to upgrade. iOS 8 on my 3rd gen is a dog. Sometimes it takes several seconds to launch apps. Movies stutter and then speed up to catch up to audio. Launching some apps seems to take forever. It's just noticeably...
Makes me want to get rid of my iPhone 5S POS. Give me the 6. Grrr.   Since I paid full freight on last year's model, will wait till the A10 version that's fully encased in sapphire glass and has sensors that read my mind.