or Connect

Posts by bugsnw

Anyone who majors in business will be stuffed to the gills with economics classes. In there, you will watch in amazement how they can suss out incredibly detailed information just by drawing charts and trying to suss out the incredibly small triangles that form. They mean something, you know. You learn that debt can be good or bad. But...lots of it always leads to rising interest rates because someone or something is crowded out. You learn about the velocity of money....
Usually there is a flight to quality when the market gets slapped around. Apple certainly is nothing if not a quality stock.   Maybe during the worst of the storm, Apple will surprise us with some breakthrough product we haven't even considered yet.   Happened once before when a certain person said Apple was going to innovate itself out of its crisis.
I've definitely been warned by both consumers as well as workers that I know at Comcast. I was told to call back in two years and at a minimum, the rate will stay the same. We'll see.   Market forces are at work anyhow and there will be pressure to provide more services at lower costs. The days of DirecTV and Comcast enjoying the market to themselves is coming to an end.
I know people want to cut those cords, but I recently had to get Comcast because I'm in the boonies. Now my TV, phone and internet is all bundled together for $99/month. My single DirecTV bill used to be higher than that.   It's fast, when it's up and working. And the phone only cuts out every other syllable. But hey..... this is 2015 in the US. It's not like we are going to replace copper anytime soon.   I'm extremely impressed and happy with Netflix and was already a...
That will be one hot Apple TV upgrade and I don't even have a clue what's new. Here's what I'm hoping for:   - streamlined interface: I don't even know what kinds of shows I have anymore - kill whoever invented the code scheme where I have to get up, go to my computer, go to a website and enter a code that I've forgotten by the time I get to the entry screen - shot in the dark: hopefully it'll run iOS apps, at least WWF - new remote w/ voice control - get amazon...
Uh............. don't they have a hair/costume dept? This guy looks like Sculley, not Jobs. The 'doesn't he know we're changing the world' line is not only jumping the shark, but sodomizing the Fonz. Reminds me of the line, "just like Elvis, minus the looks, talent and charisma."   By the time Hollywood is done with Jobs, in a few years, he won't even be recognizable. I'm glad to have lived during his reign of brilliance. At least I had the chance to witness keynotes,...
Haptic feedback is going to be really cool. I might even upgrade my 5S if the reviews prove too enticing. A new Apple TV....so many of us are on the verge of upgrading. That one is low-hanging fruit.   The next Apple watch might remove its tether.   Apple could push out a far more aggressive upgrade to the iPad and iMac lines. Every now and then we get unusually impressive upgrades that are very hard to resist.   Apple could cave to certain squeaky wheel investors...
Apple creates an enormous opportunity for those that sort of game the system. Apple has a bit of a miss on some target that some analyst overestimated. The stock gets overly punished. I think the market is hoping to chase out the weak of spirit.   Then, predictably, the next quarter rolls around and it's a doozie. The stock rebounds. These same analysts that were fearing death are now reaping profits.   It just seems to me that any opportunity to punish a near-perfect...
Apple seems to have the right blend of Open and Proprietary. Given what the security situation is today for everything related to consumers - everything from credit cards to securing your identity - it seems reasonable to keep much of an OS proprietary.   I'm glad Apple has been responsive to security in their products. I'm impressed with fingerprint recognition and their ideas to protect Apple Pay.   Given how determined Apple is to strengthen its security and the...
Empty, soulless, unethical lawyers. They need to clean out their own profession.