or Connect

Posts by bugsnw

I have the 1st retina screen iPad, 3rd gen. It was heavier, ran hotter, and went through battery life pretty quickly. For what I use it for, I didn't mind. I like putting on movies as I drift off to sleep. I also read a lot of iBooks.   Now I have no choice but to upgrade. iOS 8 on my 3rd gen is a dog. Sometimes it takes several seconds to launch apps. Movies stutter and then speed up to catch up to audio. Launching some apps seems to take forever. It's just noticeably...
Makes me want to get rid of my iPhone 5S POS. Give me the 6. Grrr.   Since I paid full freight on last year's model, will wait till the A10 version that's fully encased in sapphire glass and has sensors that read my mind.
I have to wait and reserve judgment until I hold one in my hands, but I was initially disturbed by the protruding camera. Hopefully the thing sits flat and the pictures exaggerate the protrusion.   The iWatch needs to be tethered to a device with a better, bigger screen.....hmmmm.   If I'm driving with my iWatch on and turn right, does it go on and off?       Initial thoughts only.
Maybe the biggest jolt will come from removing the "Tim can't innovate" from the street's mindset. That's why they need that iWatch. Or some other new product category that no one guessed. Doesn't even have to move the needle. It's about the perception that since Jobs died, Apple hasn't invented anything new and exciting.   As far as iWatch demand, my son wants one in the worst way and hey, if it's pretty cool, I might suddenly find a need for one too.
 ha! Good point. I doubt after hearing, "I'm leaving you...you never listen!" a guy could pull out recordings of conversations and salvage the relationship.
  I thought the same thing and didn't like this commercial. This ad is very polarizing and seems to generate love/hate responses.
I'd change the word 'pathetic' to 'tragic.' Severe depression often robs the mind of metacognition. There are many psychological illnesses that prevent a certain awareness of what might seem obvious to an outsider. Anorexia Nervosa is one that comes to mind. Experts used to think therapy then intervention to get them to eat. Now they understand that it's the other way around. The low body weight literally changes their brain and thus the way they think.   It's common to...
Wait, so margins take a dip when new products are released with features that require Apple to rejigger manufacturing and then increase as millions of said new product are manufactured throughout the year while input costs decline?   Sounds like black magic.
Not a bad thing to have an awareness of these numbers. You can hire the best while encouraging diversity. Let's just not pretend that in doing so, there won't be a few people here and there that are hurt by this drive for diversity. There's a yin and a yang to it that sort of balances out.
So sad. I felt a palpable sadness yesterday, much more than hearing about other well known celebrities. I grew up imitating Mork and loved the poignancy of Dead Poets Society.   The silver lining is that Williams' passing will amplify discussions surrounding mental illnesses like Depression. So insidious and easy to hide. Secrecy and stigma will be further dissolved as they are exposed to the light of day.   RIP