or Connect

Posts by bugsnw

Apple creates an enormous opportunity for those that sort of game the system. Apple has a bit of a miss on some target that some analyst overestimated. The stock gets overly punished. I think the market is hoping to chase out the weak of spirit.   Then, predictably, the next quarter rolls around and it's a doozie. The stock rebounds. These same analysts that were fearing death are now reaping profits.   It just seems to me that any opportunity to punish a near-perfect...
Apple seems to have the right blend of Open and Proprietary. Given what the security situation is today for everything related to consumers - everything from credit cards to securing your identity - it seems reasonable to keep much of an OS proprietary.   I'm glad Apple has been responsive to security in their products. I'm impressed with fingerprint recognition and their ideas to protect Apple Pay.   Given how determined Apple is to strengthen its security and the...
Empty, soulless, unethical lawyers. They need to clean out their own profession.
I'm a big fan of velcro. Apple can make it as thin as they want. My fantasy is the entire industry would standardize on the smallest cable possible. Super thin and super light. The back of my TV is a mess and all those clunky HDMI cables pull all the boxes every which way. USB C would be nice, for everything. I'm hoping the new Apple TV is a gaming machine as well.
Thanks for describing it simply. Let's see....  "Suddenly" - F chordthen play an Asus4 (A, D, E)"I'm not half" - when you sing 'half', you slide gently into an A chord. There's actually a 5-note, larger version that sounds very nice. The Beatles did this a lot as well as using inverted chords that sound snappy as you step down the melody. It sounds richer than the beginner level Youtubers who simply play an E minor chord after the F.
Thanks for the sus2, sus4 descriptions. I only saw it played but never knew or bothered to look up what it meant. All I know is in the song, Yesterday, A-minor sus4 sounds better than E-minor on the 2nd chord of the song. It gives a little 'tension' before gliding gracefully into the A chord. I phrased my post a little sloppy. When I wrote 'This is for those that just want to sound good playing the piano, not those that want to play classical..." I was referring to my...
 That is a Clavinova that he's playing, from Yamaha. I think I have that exact model and it's a gas. I've been playing since I was 5 (by ear) and this thing taught me all kinds of neat tricks. I don't like the lights above the keyboard as much as the 2-dimensional piano keyboard that shows what key is being hit. For someone that already plays, learning little things that artists do with their music is a godsend. The Beatles used something called a Sus4 in Yesterday and I...
TS is pretty generous, from what I read in the news. She hands out 10s of thousands like candy bits. Her song, Shake it Off is super catchy. She's everywhere I look and then some.   I just can't help wonder if it's stupidity or narcissism when it comes to stars' views on allowing single song sales. I've never viewed breaking up an album as ruining the experience and frankly, most of the time there's just that one song I want.
I 2nd melgross' comments. This is the kind of stuff that stumps me. On iOS devices, almost nothing is better on the top of the screen vs. the bottom. The app icons should anchor on the bottom and we should swipe up into nothing to quit the apps. I keep going on about mouse-miles but it seems like Apple could decrease the distance between interface elements on so many apps. On large screens, it's getting ridiculous. On iOS devices, our thumbs are great on the bottom third....
I haven't seen iOS 9 yet but I hope they change the way apps are installed and then placed. Trying to get an app just so, in the right folder, is hellish. Icons move all over the place, sometimes twerking your entire screen. Not to mention the numerous times I've accidentally dropped the icon and then cannot find the damn thing.   Than you, Apple, for adding that 4th row on the keyboard, at least in some apps. Add another one, while you're at it, and let us put commonly...