or Connect

Posts by bugsnw

Wheeler has taken some heat for those comments, and critics have noted that before he was appointed as chairman of the FCC, he was actually lobbyist for the cable and wireless industry. --------------- Well that just sucks. I love free markets and competition so when I hear parts of both sides, I get a little confused on which one has more virtues. But I don't want throttling and preference and interference. I don't trust government as far as burdensome regulations...
Someone asked why Apple purchasing a ton of shares hasn't affected their market cap.   As Apple buys shares, their earnings per share outstanding go up. If nothing else changes, the PE ratio (Price divided by those increasing earnings) goes down.   Market psychology probably kicks in and the participants seek out balance. An investor who yesterday was willing to pay $20 for every $1 in earnings is still willing to pay that, even though that morning Apple purchased a...
I love change and refreshes and constant improvement. That's what keeps Apple interesting. Most of the time, I really get the new and have no problem dropping the old. But I have some issues with Ive and I can only guess that he never saw snow when he was a child. Then one night, it did snow and he was overjoyed. He never got over that dopamine rush and now his utopian vision is all white, all the time. He simply abhors Contrast.   iTunes 12 is the biggest offender but...
That video above is pretty telling. The difference is so noticeable that I thought he might have had the original iPad air adjusted incorrectly. Damn....now that I've seen this video.......... credit card.....out.
"Despite CNBC repeating "Fibonacci" a magical seven times within its article, Apple's shares since the report was published have defied the natural laws of geometric broccoli and given the "staggering" accuracy of Boroden's craft a big black eye." Ahhh....a good chuckle before bed. I almost bought into some numerical analyst's BS last year but then decided growing earnings were the more powerful force. I purchased some shares at what I thought was a painfully high...
I saw a lot of workarounds on various forums regarding slow performance with 8.1 on older iPads. Erasing everything on the iPad and then restoring seemed to fix many slowdown issues. I wonder why Apple doesn't recommend this step. It's like having a Combo update and the delta updates online at the same time. Most people don't know the difference or why you'd want to download the larger Combo updater. Seems like some of these issues could be resolved if Apple were more...
Interesting point about glare and coatings. I wear a Rolex and one of the things that is interesting about the sapphire is its incredibly reflectivity. You can look at your watch and easily see your reflection in full color. It's a good thing you most often look at the time from an oblique angle. You can also annoy the hell out of people by reflecting the sun off your watch onto unsuspecting people's faces. That's a hoot.   If Apple went with sapphire in the future,...
Hey melgross, Could you elaborate on the 10% lower brightness of the Air 2? Is it noticeable or do you have to have the original Air side-by-side to see the difference? I looked at the new Air 2s at an apple store the other day and just at first glance, didn't notice a brightness difference. But that could change upon getting it home in a familiar environment and then going, "Shit! why can't I turn up the brightness!" I run my monitors pretty maxed out in the brightness...
To paraphrase George Carlin: The iPhone comes from the Earth. The Earth loves it. And one day, it will return to the Earth. And if it doesn't decompose, it will simply be Earth + iPhone.
Always like to see what's under the hood. It's sort of odd that the heft of our electronics come from the boring battery. Imagine a fuel cell the size and weight of a baby aspirin some day. The thing would weigh practically nothing and not feel very substantial.   I'm not really sure what the repairability score is about since no one is going to open up their iPad Air 2. I'm not against superfluous information but when they add a drumroll and pretend it's important.....