or Connect

Posts by bugsnw

Ahh...thank you for the post. I know nothing about batteries from an engineering standpoint. I did buy that cool 4-slot La Crosse charger and a bunch of AA rechargeable Eneloops from Costco. They have saved me a lot of money. The charger has all kinds of options, including draining down your battery and then recharging it fully to reset it or something. I recharge right away and then store them and use them as needed, rotating them throughout all my electronics. They work...
The next trillion dollar idea is some kind of fuel cell that is tiny, lasts for unbelievably long periods, and can be manufactured cheaply. It is hard to believe how long this has taken, given the billions of devices that need portable juice.   Get on this, nerds!
This will be an interesting experiment. More and more of our 'stuff' is needed in more and more places. We want access at home, in the car, on our iOS devices, at work. The cloud is making it possible to keep all this stuff organized and synced.   The trend is clear and Apple is responding, and that's a good thing. I won't subscribe to this, even if it were $5/month. I like to own my music and I'm more into podcasts anyhow. I can't remember the last time I listened to...
Remember when Steve Jobs announced that RAM prices and other 'upgrades' on the Apple Store would more closely match the competition? I think Apple got tired of everyone buying 3rd party RAM and installing it themselves.   Now it's Tim's turn. It could go something like this: "Apple has heard you and now realizes it's 2015. iCloud storage will be revamped with new and appropriate FREE levels and low-price tiers for those that want more storage."   When we can reliably...
undefined
For those that say Apple is a business and should never give anything away for free (or that nothing is free, due to ads, etc), remember that Apple gives lots of stuff away for free.   You can be on Windows and enjoy using Safari and iTunes. If you're on a Mac, software you once paid for is now either very inexpensive or outright free (iOS, OS X, Photos, iMovie, etc).   Of course, Apple doesn't have to do anything they don't want. But if they want to play in the Cloud...
Great news. This should be enough of an embarrassment for Apple to completely reconsider their iCloud strategy. If they want in the game, they have to stop screwing around and amp up the storage space.   Competition is fierce and people are only willing to pay pennies for this type of service. It's time for them to accept that this will merely help them sell hardware and move on.   It's 2015. Apple has the $$$. Let's get with the program.
I'm excited about the upcoming iPad Pro as well as the next iPad update. I like it when Apple feels urgency and right now, they surely feel urgency about kicking sales in the butt. The upgrades should be pretty impressive.
Seems like if Intel had that many delays with Broadwell, they should have pulled the plug on that and concentrated engineering resources on Skylake. If 'new and better' is known to be right around the corner, why would I not put off pulling the trigger on a new Mac for a little while?   RE: Shompa   I don't know much about the technicals of CPUs, but I do understand competition. We haven't had a major speed bump in quite a while. Maybe with Apple pushing ARM forward...
Phone bills are notoriously complex and it'd be easy to hide charges in there. This whole debacle doesn't surprise me.   So they get fined $160 million and the customer gets $.03 cents. The lawyers always run up those bills just enough that I get my 3 cents. They're good. Hmm........