or Connect

Posts by bugsnw

Amen. And Apple, please use every inch of available space on our TVs for reviews, show summaries, anywhere where there's a lot of text. Don't cram it all at the top at an 8 pt font size and expect anyone to be able to read it. Make it beautiful but pay attention to reading clarity. And don't make me get up out of my comfy chair to go enter in some code from the tv to my computer.
Yes....hurry, Tim. I need to get out from under my satellite provider. Every few months, the bills get larger. I love the new genie hardware but many programs still pixelate constantly. I do the same as a poster above, going back and forth between Netflix and iTunes. If I had the cooking shows, cable news and local channels, I'd be all in.
Maybe it's just reading about Steve Jobs and Apple over a lifetime and admiring their taste and ability to engineer amazing products. Here's where they are going....   The fewer buttons they have to include on an item, the better. The easier and more intuitive the software, the better The thinner and lighter, the better The cooler, the better (as in Fonzie cool) The more Apple designed stuff inside the product, the better   So sure, if I had a time machine and went...
If a lot of people buy the MacBook, making the sacrifice of speed for portability, then that will give Apple confidence that they are but one or two generations away from using their A-series chips in these 'air' style laptops.   This is the first break to test the waters. For what it's worth, I think there is ample room for such a beast in Apple's product matrix. Might be a year or two down the road, but the convergence is titillating.   There'd be new sacrifices that...
It looks interesting. I'm glad Apple keeps innovating the keyboards and trackpads. Now I'd love a new mouse. Force touch, haptic feedback and a real, honest, mechanical flywheel for a scroll wheel ala Logitech's models. Most people I talk to like definite buttons and clicks. I'm sure the haptic feedback can replace the mechanical click feel but I never liked amorphous buttons. Clear separation for mice buttons is always nice. I love the Logitech Anywhere MX mouse but it's...
I'm grateful to have lived in this golden age of computers. I can't wait to read this book.
Seems like Apple could focus on the chargers and hubs for a bit. The current ones are huge, ugly, and don't plug in securely. They sort of hang in a weird way and you often have to push them back in flush. Hubs are finicky.   So....   * make this thing small * make it so I can carry one brick and it can sense what is plugged into it and charge accordingly * if we're going to go to usb-c, fine. Change the connector * 10 ft cord would be nice * lower the prices for...
Lacie bundled an adapter, which is smart. USB-C is yet another new port. I love the lightning port for iOS devices but why is it lacking on the new laptop? Why did Apple go with USB-C?   What say the cognoscenti. It makes me wonder if this new port has special abilities that Apple will tap into later.
I love both actors - Silver Lining Playbook in easily on my top 10 list.
Pre-Ordered. A stamp of approval from John Gruber is going to drive sales into the trillions. Well, at least those who are in this arena will read this book. I'm looking forward to additional insights and new stories.   In my little collection, I have The Little Kingdom and The Journey is the Reward, the latter being my favorite book about the young SJ. I read it many years ago and it really changed the way I viewed the world. I admired Jobs' passion for perfectionism...