or Connect

Posts by bugsnw

I haven't heard the new CEO chime in about specifics but one thing they can start doing is making beautiful products. For instance, there's no comparison between Office and iWork. The latter is well designed, easy, pleasing to use, and allows one to create exceptionally beautiful documents. Office? Well....it's a standard. For now.   I just keep going back to this Jobs interview on MS and lack of taste:   http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mOgOP_aqqtg   MS: Hire some...
So that helps the bottom line. Any ideas on how to grow the top line?
 Yeah, that was a far better explanation. I sorta get it. It's just a bit clumsy and I'm having a hard time seeing how this is as huge as Tim is trying to make it. I'm sure it is big. I still think in the long view, it would be awesome to have Apple run all their stuff on the Ax chips. Right now, IBM is all giddy about porting all their enterprise software over to the iOS mobile side. It sure would have been great if, say, iMacs could also run that software. Then they...
Well I'm glad Dan wrote this article. I was waiting for it to see if he could explain it without all the corporate jargon. I'm not sure I understand it, even after reading his article. Not a criticism as I sure wouldn't want to wade through the particulars...   That's one thing I really miss about Jobs. Throughout the year, he'd email someone or post something and his touch was always present in announcements and various marketing spots. He would have had a one paragraph...
 Yeah, something like what you posted was triggered in me. Right now, Intel enjoys the privilege of manufacturing CPUs for Apple's desktops. But all the volume is with mobile gear. Lots of companies have old Dells being used for small tasks but everyone wants to bring in their iPads and iPhones. Intel often hampers Apple's update schedule for their desktop hardware and I'm sure Apple has a long view that perhaps all their stuff should run on Ax chips. We are at the A8 now...
 Your point is better than mine. They did have some vision but badly failed on execution. I always forget how powerful that one word is. It's Xerox PARC all over again. Jobs saw the bitmap and went to work. The Mac set a new course for Apple. Gates had that huge monster table tablet thingy and yet couldn't execute to get it under 472 pounds so I could use it to read in bed. It's also a lack of aesthetics and beauty. Microsoft just doesn't make stuff that makes me react...
I wouldn't want to be at MS right now. The low hanging fruit is a shiny, new OS that apparently looks and functions like Windows XP. If MS accomplishes this with Windows 9, they look like they are running towards yesterday. But they hang on to the enterprise market and can move a few more Office products.   It's hard to believe how they could have miscalculated so badly on mobile. A whole slew of nerds with no vision.
This seems like a job that can be done by a current higher level executive. Why not Schiller?
 For me it was the strange, contorted facial expressions as he lied. It was so obvious it was painful to watch. I felt sorry for him many times because he was a true believer who knew his Emperor was naked. It took a while, but he finally wore himself out.
Every time iOS receives a facelift, there are the rabid posters who claim they are going to buy Dells and Androids and burn their Apple gear. Why? Because of such extreme changes as an OS font change. Or...messages has a new Send button. It's crazy. Then I read that 90%+ are converted less than a year later. Obviously these haters don't actually do what they say they are going to do and probably secretly adapt and love the new changes.......