or Connect

Posts by bugsnw

Gotta love the literalists. Here's another way of looking at it: Al Gore, not so important. Steve Jobs, very important. God bless the sumerians. You had to look that up. Everyone knows Moses. On Gov: Can't give credit for creating the internet. Without capitalism driving that basic nugget of an idea, the net would still be languishing in the lab.
The internet took off after it was privatized. You have to look at intent. A slow, lumbering, inefficient govt. program vs. the free market, hell bent on making a profit.   Going back to the beginning is interesting but doesn't tell the whole story. It's only part of the story. If taken to extreme, one could say caveman was responsible for Mercedes, having invented the wheel. Or Moses had the idea of tablets and thus should be credited with inventing the...
I'm happy with my iPhone 5S battery life. But I've noticed it can vary greatly. I was at a show, taking credit cards with the cool Square App and Adapter and was consciously trying to preserve power. That is, I was only using my phone to take credit cards. No phone calls or texts or anything else. I started at 100% and 6 hours later, was down to about 10%.   I was surprised at the power suck though not sure what I was doing, exactly, to cause it. I imagine the ballroom...
This story doesn't even move my needle. We live in a society where everything everyone does at all times is subject to being recorded and going viral. Tim is gay? Who cares. I look forward to the sun rising tomorrow. AI jumps on the rumor? Interesting.   That some are so deeply affected by such revelations is actually fascinating to me.
The catch is if you want the latest iPhone 5S w/ 64gb, you have to purchase it from Apple sans plan.   Again, see above.....
Yep...full price. $800+ if I remember correctly. By the way, you have to cut your own SIM from the one they give you. You use a tool that's basically like a hole punch. It's easy to do but just be warned. The workers at Walmart aren't all up to speed on this.
This should put a little downward pricing pressure on Walmart's value cellular plan, Straight Talk. 3GB at high speed per month, then throttles down. Unlimited text/talk. The bill, with taxes, is under $50/month and you can buy 3/6/12 month packages for discounts. The catch is if you want the latest iPhone 5S w/ 64gb, you have to purchase it from Apple sans plan.   My beef is the high-end phones are often left out of these plans.
My heart fluttered. Love Costco. Maybe some pressure will come to bear on the cellular plans.
The narcissism is beyond anything you can imagine. People sit at SB for hours on end, working on huge spreads of god knows what. It's not unusual to see one person sitting at a table for four, papers spread out, laptop atop the entire mess. A home away from home. Hard-working people with important jobs, obviously.   I'm being facetious but I wonder if these are the same people who jog on major roads in the rain...
Or you could just count your reps to get a general sense of whether or not you need to add weight. Then use the mirror to guide your progress. I'm all for tech, but we're getting to the point where we are demanding less and less from our own gray matter to do very simple things. Working out gives its own feedback. It's not a bad thing to also work out your brain. Memorizing weights/reps is fairly unchallenging.