or Connect

Posts by bugsnw

Wow...amazing quarter considering the lack of new hardware....or even the rumors of significant new hardware around the corner. Add in new iPhones, new iPads, updated iPad mini and iMacs and Mavericks and iOS 7 and things are looking great.
I thought the article was entertaining and informative. The entertaining part is DED's bias. It doesn't bother me. Some of his best articles on his website were attacks on other journalists who besmirched his beloved Apple.   I was one of those who bought into the story that Jobs didn't want 3rd party Apps on the iPhone. Simply from reading a few articles. Even though I questioned it because it's such a bone-headed move from someone I consider a great visionary, I...
Awesome......thicker fonts. My eyes are glad. If Apple is listening...   Using the Maps app to navigate in the car needs refinement. My Garmin seems to know the more travelled route. It also offers two announcements. One when the next step is indicated and one right before you are to take that next step. The Maps app announces the next step as per usual. But when it comes time to alert you when to take that step, it occurs too late. Unless you are really paying...
Part of the problem with open source efforts such as Linux and Office clones is the shitty, nerdy interface. Great ideas, a lot of effort and hard to understand, complex interfaces. Check out Gimp, the open source alternative to Photoshop. It's very name means hobbled or a limp. Windows and panels galore...ugly, underlined menu names.   Apple made cool looking products that were easy to use. I'm not sure it would have mattered where the source of their inspiration...
Portrait works during the day while walking about. It feels like a book and seems right. At night, it's all Landscape. In bed with Amazon instant video or Netflix, watching a movie with the iPad resting on my mighty chest.   While I'm on this... Apple, please make the speakers more powerful and defy physics somehow by making the sound know which way I'm using the iPad and customize its output accordingly! I used to cup my right hand over the singular speaker so the...
Realizing iOS 7 is still in beta, but I hope Apple puts Voice Memo on the Control Center panel. I would think Notes would be on there as well. A super quick way to capture pixels (as in photos and videos) and sound and notes.   Very handy. Or give me a space or two for the App of my choice.   I remember Steve Jobs demoing the Lips within NeXT's email application. You clicked on the lips and recorded your message. It was popped right into the email and all the...
Every now and then I'll play around on an Android device just to see what the grass is like on the other side. What strikes me is how ugly the icons are and how jittery the scrolling is.   I love how Apple draws me in. I feel like I'm manipulating things under my finger. I'm completely sucked into their world.   I find iOS 7 bold and inviting. Except the light font. I have to wait and see how it actually looks in its finished form on my own iPhone and iPad.
I'm concerned about a thin, lightly colored font against similarly colored backgrounds with no shadows or contrast or other relief. I'm hoping it's more readable than what I've seen. I can't make that judgment until the thing is in my hands and I have some time with it.   The icons don't bother me at all. I'm trying to figure out why people are going ballistic about the Safari icon. It looks pretty snazzy to me.   I've read many posts and can agree on some basic...
  Yeah, interesting point. Their website is a strange dichotomy. Lots of white space, so that works with the new, modern iOS 7. But then there's that glossy, static title bar on top that hangs on to the past.   I bet they modernize their layout. Everything else is getting a refresh. Their portal to our wallets might as well join the party.
Everyone did a great job, but Craig stole the show. I like that TC understands where his talents lie and lets others shine where they shine best.   Definitely more relaxed as I think TC's management style is more forgiving than Jobs'.   I love colorful language but I don't think they should be that loose as to curse during a keynote. Schiller is typically fun to watch. I'll forgive him this one time. The Mac Pro is pretty cool.