or Connect

Posts by bugsnw

Wizard69 and WhiteFalcon, I agree with your posts. Capitalism has been the 800 lb gorilla that has made the US the best, most productive, wealthiest country on the planet. Our secret in America is entrepreneurialism. Hey, that's how Apple got started. Even a liberal Steve Jobs couldn't stand Obama and said (and likely wished) he would be a 1-term president. Well...we got what we voted for.   Taxing offshore profits without them even being repatriated? Certainly violates...
So cool. Apple just keeps killing it. Steve Jobs showed the world that there were people who were willing to pay for coolness, quality, best-in-class engineering. The first pictures of the glass from the outside made me all googly inside.   What's sad though is IF apple ever stumbles, harvard is going to have a heyday writing their business profile. "Apple succumbed to hubris and overspent on marble tables, exotic glass store fronts, lavish headquarters, etc."   I like...
I'm with Tim Cook. Simplify the tax code and reduce the rates. When you reduce taxes on something, you get more of that something. When you raise rates, you get less.   Liberals keep groaning about trickle down as if they don't understand it. But then they use the tax code to hike taxes on cigarettes to reduce the number of smokers. See, they really do understand. If you want a thriving economy, you have to tax less. Tax it more and you get less of it.   Businesses are...
Thank you, Carl, for generating some interest in AAPL.   I thought about it a lot today and read a lot of the analysts who are still a tad negative and I think they are stuck in an old mindset. Apple doesn't have that many products that move the needle. That makes it easy for them to spin their analysis.   If they think Apple is going down, they say, "if iPhone 7 is a flop, Apple is doomed." Well, can't argue with that.   Those intrepid souls who dare talk the stock...
I'm looking forward to the lawyers sending me (postage = $1.10) a packet and then I can generate some more paperwork and get my .01 cent refund back.   Thank you!
Sometimes cutting taxes (prices) does stimulate the economy (sales). Depends on where you are on the Laffer curve.
Given the blowout quarter, I was a little underwhelmed by Apple's move up. It's a good move for a day, but it didn't look like a major adjustment was in play. Maybe that'll change over the next few days as the enormity of Apple's numbers sink in.   Someone gave Cook some kudos and I'd like to add to that. He's the right guy and the right time. And here I thought he was a tad too boring. I missed that call big time.   One thing I like about Cook is that he did bend to...
What blew me away when I read the details was Tim Cook saying less than 15% of the sales #s of iPhones were from updaters. I really thought that number was going to be a lot higher. That certainly bodes well for future upside surprises.
Apple's number aways blow my mind. Apple's Shanghai store has over 25,000 visitors per day! It's just hard to fathom. I read stuff like this and the future looks so bright, I can't figure out why the stock isn't making huge jumps by the day. (I understand and agree that the overall market is higher than the economy might warrant, being driven by big money chasing the only place where they can generate returns).
MikhailT - thank you for your long post on page 2 where you rebut the naysayers.   I can't remember the exact multiple but Apple is ramping up performance of the Ax chips very quickly, especially in the area of graphics. 50x or 84x or whatever, the curve is aggressive.   It wouldn't surprise me to see a breakthrough from Apple in the area of processor design, enough to warrant a switch. We'd enjoy supposedly less expensive hardware. Apple would no longer be tethered to...