or Connect

Posts by bugsnw

It looks strange. Can't say I like the tower of babel look better than the flat. Could have called this Airport Extruded. It does look tipsy. My Apple TV slides all over when all the cables are plugged into it. They literally wag the dog. This seems to continue the tradition. Nothing that a little velcro won't solve but still.   So software is going flat while hardware is going more 3D.
Apple blew me away with iOS 7. Much much more than I expected as far as the look and function of the OS. Can't wait to see a feature upgrade list as we were fed mere morsels today.   This was a much needed overhaul, in my opinion. Very colorful and that parallax feature was interesting. Very colorful and yet, I'd have to say, Ive sure loves white. I'm hoping to see more contrast upon actual use. It has to be in there somewhere!   Craig Federighi was incredible....
My Apple TV blipped and at one point, there was Greg....the next, this black cylinder. I saw Schiller and knew it was probably the new Mac Pro. Really threw me off.   Looked pretty darn cool to me. Lots of acronyms. Has to be faster than anything out there.   No matter what Apple does, or how much faster the next iteration might be, there will always be complainers. They simply cannot move on from thinking they need to modify everything.   Technology is...
He's good at telling a credible story. Those sound like Steve Jobs' words and tactics. One of my favorite books on Jobs is The Journey is the Reward and is chock full of such stories of early Jobs and Apple. If I remember correctly, Jobs figured everyone loves Apples. And it came before Atari in the phonebook. Mystically, Apple's grew on the tree of knowledge in the garden of eden. I guess a lot of people would condemn Jobs' style, but I think he used it with great...
I love using the Starbucks card within Apple's Passbook feature. It's a prepaid virtual card. I load up $100 and it knows when I'm near a Starbucks and creates a banner to tap. All I do to pay is hold up the barcode to be read from the reader near the cash register. I give up privacy for bonuses like free Apps and food and drinks. Plus it's quick and easy. Reloading the 'card' is only a few taps away as well, something I've found drains my bank account quickly. In the...
With great fortitude, I watched the whole two hours last night. You do NOT need a retina display when watching Kara. She is the most annoying and unfunny people in tech. She crosses the line between charming sarcasm and bitchiness with aplomb.   People here are right. Dozens of deep, probing questions regarding forthcoming products. These two wanted details. They tried, over and over, to rattle Tim. At points, I wondered if he had a pulse. He is unshakeable. But he...
Seems like everyone is in general agreement on the fixes we'd like to see. I'll add two.   1. A top to bottom review of Apps in the OS, with the aim of reducing mouse travel. Example, iTunes. All the categories are on the left. If you select Apps, there are further options across the top of the window. The critical UPDATE button is in the lower right. In iPhoto it's even worse. It'd be nice if mouse travel could be reduced. There'd be less carpal tunnel and happier...
Ive is instrumental in the upcoming look and feel of iOS 7? I heard a huge NO SHIT form inside my skull.   SolipsismX: Imagine running iOS apps such as Deliveries on your Mac. It'd be pretty useful. Lots of biz apps could run like widgets and be quite useful.   I'd love to be further distracted than I already am on my iPhone when I'm busy on my iMac - say, a word is played on Words with Friends.....   I also can't see any reason why my media apps like ABC,...
I was dinged with that stupid strip as well. I took my new-ish iPhone 4S to Apple because the speaker crapped out. He said the strip was pink but threw me into the Applecare program and for $50 just replaced the thing. By the way, the speakers for my newly replaced 4S also stopped working. This time, Apple fixed it right at the store in 15 minutes. So far, Apple has always taken care of me, but we buy a lot of gear along with the Applecare. I tried to argue with the...
I'm looking forward to the refresh. I've liked the journey with OS X and enjoyed the progress all along the way. 200+ new features! Bring 'em on.   Here are some things I hope Apple fixes.   Mail: Select All / Delete All Sync: The truth is in the cloud. I think we need to have backups locally and then trust the cloud. Dropbox works. Flawlessly. I still can't figure out the syncing paradigm for photos between iPhoto on my iMac and my iOS devices. Sometimes it...