or Connect

Posts by bugsnw

Even if a very cool media center were available from multiple vendors, with very similar features, my guess is Apple would be the only one that paid any attention to design and GUI. It's my understanding that Xbox has a noisy fan? If not, I stand corrected. I want something small, sleek, black and silent next to my TV. Minimal cords. Easy to use. Full featured. If Apple TV had the content of the satellite and cable operators at a serious discount to their crazy...
The content and new movie selection keeps me sending lots of cash to DirecTV. Netflix streaming is great on my Apple TV, but they haven't figured out that many people want to see a category called Recently Released in Theaters appear in the menus. Their streaming movie selections are still pretty bare. This is where DirecTV shines. Content. But it's a slow loading, temperamental, clumsy to operate piece of doo doo as far as the hardware/software. Any blip requires 20...
Yeah, I get that about Jobs. Hence I'm skeptical about an ugly, so-last-decade USB port besmirching the solid, seamless iPad. Battery compartments..gone. Latches...nearly invisible. But I would have thought that about the lampshade iMacs. Apple did it in such an innovative, unusual way that it became a highlight of the product. Same with 2-button mice. Steve Jobs put seams and holes in his mice? Not on your life. But then we have a seamless 2-button mouse. Then we have the...
I just received a wireless bluetooth keyboard for xmas. Very useful with the iPad. Apple's multi-functional case acts like a stand of sorts so you can prop up the iPad for typing as if it were a laptop. You even have limited ability to adjust to various angles. The best part is you don't have to take the iPad out of its case like you do to mount it to the keyboard with the 30-pin connector attached. But my son (and I imagine countless others) likes to have his iPad...
Bush, Reagan, Kennedy lowered taxes and the economy responded and TR increased. You are partially correct. You just need to substitute Treasury Revenue in place of 'taxes.' It's a common mistake. You CAN lower tax rates and increase TR. Bush was the last president to do it. The WSJ even published an article on how no president in history ever sucked so much money out of the wealthy. The incentives to hide income and seek out risky, questionable tax avoidance strategies...
Tax cuts are STIMULATIVE. No economist says 'tax rate of x will bring immediate and impressive growth.' Just that lower taxes are stimulative. No one has a crystal ball and knows the perfect set of tax rates at a given time. But you sure don't see businesses lobbying congress for higher taxes, for instance. They want lower taxes. They want to grow and prosper. Taxes are not the only issue. Govt. spending is out of control. Until we nail that down, there are no easy answers...
Tax rates are but one variable that affect this enormous 14T economy. They have an enormous effect, but they are just one variable. This is why Obama, as far left as he is, wants tax cuts for the middle class. Or cash for clunkers (which did create a blip in sales, but benefits vs. cost were still low). Obama prefers govt. spending to tax cuts. Problem is, govt. can be incredibly inefficient and wasteful. How many $ millions / job did the typical 'stimulus' cost per...
You just made my point. There is no way to make us all equal. Ambition is an individual trait and varies greatly from one individual to the next. Without a magic potion to remedy this disparity, among thousands of others such as natural talent and the location of birth, we are hopelessly doomed with living in a society where some are rich and some are poor. I've enjoyed your posts and agree 100%. This is the land of opportunity for those that pursue achievement. Some other...
What if that person saved $10,000 and invested it in AAPL in 1990.
We have an income gap. We also have an talent and ambition gap. When someone figures out how to make us all equal, then incomes will converge. We are a global economy. This is a good thing. It can be disruptive and painful at times. But we have a thriving middle class because of it. It doesn't take much to live like a rich person. Someone on minimum wage can save a little and invest and become fairly well off. Take away the huge home and expensive foreign car and the...