or Connect

Posts by bugsnw

Short of tearing out the convoluted tax code and replacing it with a fairer flat tax, all Obama is going to hear is some version of 'get out of the way.' Lower taxes, less regulation and smaller govt. are the direction we should be heading, not the reverse. Obama wants to be like Reagan and thinks it's all about the proper wording in his speeches. It's not. It's about the power of great ideas. I love this quote from Obama: "I think itÂ’s fair to say the...
Strange to see so many posts against a Sept. introduction. Sep is near Dec. Dec = xmas shopping. It's also back to school. If I had to pick between April and September, I'd pick the latter. That is, if Apple settles on an annual upgrade cycle some time in the future. I agree with Gruber that this new category is worth a super aggressive schedule to grow market/mind share as quickly as possible. Someone had counted the number of tablets intro'd at the...
A fall announcement of iPad 3 seems incredibly ambitious, even by Apple standards. But they've done this before. Anyone remember buying iMac G5s that were newly released only be to shocked at how quickly they announced the newer, better, intel iMacs? If memory serves, the time span of this painful upgrade was 1 or 2 months. I like the idea of a March iPad 2 followed by a surprise iPad 2 on steroids in September. It makes sense if the primary innovation is a retina...
I understand the anger on the left. Fox has been #1 in cable news for some time. Major promises such as the stimulus bill bringing down unemployment below 8% never materialized (as predicted by conservative economists). Obama's outgoing economic team are championing tax and spending cuts to help the economy. So now a hyped up daily news app appears for the iPad with groundbreaking features (which I can't tell what they are), and many on the left have condemned it before...
Thank you for the laughter! :-) I was thinking the same thing. People like studies that show how smart we are vs. others. Or how other people who have a different point of view are less successful or less informed. I liked the study that showed Apple owners were better lovers. It's easy to poke at both sides. Jon Stewart had a great interview with Maddow of MSNBC and he rocked her pretty good by debating her issues from viewpoint of the right. He took jabs at both sides,...
The Daily has more video (including ads) than other options, including the more refined and impressive WSJ. Lots of spinning sprockets as these sudden video ads load. Not sure if it's worth about half what the WSJ is getting as it covers a lot of topics that aren't appealing to me, but that's personal taste. I was excited to try it and will give it a whirl every day for 2 weeks, but my initial reaction is ho hum. This thing was hyped pretty aggressively. I think I...
The retina display would have caused an avalanche of upgrades. This one is nice, but I don't think Steve Jobs will make a special appearance to blow our socks off with v2. This upgrade will be great for fence sitters who don't like to buy the first version of anything. But I'll be waiting patiently for v3.
It's a forum, not a court of law. Don't come here looking for anything but a little fun and a lotta opinion.
I'm no lawyer, but I think you can claim things that are true but still not subject yourself to lawsuits when someone spins the claims against you in acts of carelessness, neglect or misuse. Interesting note for any Rolex owners. Reading their claims makes the watches sound indestructable. They certainly certify survivability in all their rigid tests. But people nick the sapphire faces and the watches break just wearing them in normal use. If these types of lawsuits had...
The McDoo lawsuit had merit. This doesn't, IMHO. The iPhone has 2 primary glass surfaces. Gorilla glass or no, there's no guarantee it will survive 3 or 4 foot drops. It's like a long-stemmed wine glass. It's reasonable to assume it will be full of wine and the holder of said glass will be imbibing. It is reasonable to expect a fair percentage of glasses to be dropped or knocked over. You'd think wine glass makers would be drowning in class action...