or Connect

Posts by bugsnw

I like the daisy chaining and power features Love the fact that it's smaller than USB It has a definite 'one way only' shape for easy plug in A lot of good stuff going for this port. FW800 is clumsy as hell and wiggles around in the port. You have to look at it first before you attempt to plug it in. It's huge. We want thin kit. I hope Thunderbolt fits snug. Ethernet jacks snap in and you never have to worry about loose cables. This port seems to have a lot of...
I thought Apple's idea of a value added online services feature was a better idea. Even at $69 for renewal, the price seems lofty by today's standards and what's available elsewhere. I'm hoping for more features at a dramatically lower price. We've been witnessing this recent trend in the new App store. Here's hoping they add something akin to Dropbox, only better!
LOL!!! Thanks for the laugh. Struck me as funny as hell.... Diehards and techheads will always appreciate new kit from Apple, but knowing the September rumor might have some validity, you can imagine the mental turmoil. An avid reader of AI who wants to upgrade but just can't, knowing something stunningly better might be just around the corner. Imagine them holding that interim March iPad thinking, "I love you, but i'm not IN love with you..."
Maybe, just maybe, Apple has a little of its mojo back and will surprise all of us with the iPad 3 specs, delivered before anyone thought possible. If I were Apple, I'd want to avoid the rage-induced upgrade psychosis and announce the iPad 2 (with retina display) to ship in X months. Then a price reduction on current models will keep everything flowing. That's an aggressive prediction. More down to earth, I think we are going to get the confusing 1.5 and then...
Apple without Jobs would do fine for quite a while. Medium term, I don't think there's cause for concern. But how many CEOs are so anal about thinness and 'lines' and the look and feel of products? Apple invested a ton of $ in the manufacturing of their sleep laptops. Carved out of a block of aluminum....slick. However, down the road, they could be saddled with a CEO who doesn't see the logic in innovating through a downturn and instead of investing and innovating their...
Of all the rumors, an Apple branded TV seems the most distant. Not saying it's never going to happen, but why would Apple have any success here when there are so many brands and fervent consumers of those brands? Sony lovers, Sharp, Panasonic... not to mention the debate between LCD and Plasma. Apple already has their trojan horse, the Apple TV. It can be used on any TV, leaving the TV manufacturers to continue chasing the prices and profits downward. I would think more...
Like that last part, Spam...good point. The govt. gets a lot of cred for 'creating' the space age, the internet, and jobs. It seems to me that when the free market got ahold of the net and ran with it, it flourished to what it is today. I'm fine with the govt. getting some credit, but just because caveman invented the wheel, we shouldn't credit them with inventing the car. Smaller govt., lower taxes, and less regulation. These are the principles that created the phenomenal...
The iPod touch can gain a little size, no problem. It'd still be pocketable and a lot easier to type on. I bought an iPod touch, only to give it to my son. I simply couldn't get used to that small of a screen. I admit it was awesome at first, like a new love, and I wanted to overlook the painful flaws. But when I got my iPad, I dropped the touch and never looked back. In my world, a better set of products would be an iPad for home and a larger iPod touch to take with me...
I was hoping SJ kept up his usual style during his visit. One of the things I like most about Jobs is his insistence on wearing normal, comfy clothing. Maybe some day the rest of the pulp eaters will follow suit.
Short of tearing out the convoluted tax code and replacing it with a fairer flat tax, all Obama is going to hear is some version of 'get out of the way.' Lower taxes, less regulation and smaller govt. are the direction we should be heading, not the reverse. Obama wants to be like Reagan and thinks it's all about the proper wording in his speeches. It's not. It's about the power of great ideas. I love this quote from Obama: "I think itÂ’s fair to say the...