or Connect

Posts by bugsnw

I hope Steve Jobs shakes Obama's hand and then politely reminds him that although he himself is a democrat, his business was started and thrived because of capitalism. Although I'm sure Obama has some 'spread the wealth' ideas regarding Apple's 51B in cash.
Yep. Always run the latest. I've had every model of ATV as well, and talked my parents into buying one as well. I wish I had waited to recommend the new one. My parents experience the annoying lag as well. Here as some examples: I have 150 or so little videos in my video folder. Most of it just funny snippets of video. Browsing through those is clumsy and not at all like the new ATV. Often I'll click the down button 5 or 6 times before it suddenly jumps several movies. And...
Ooops. Queue. Browse on your iPad, add the movies into the instant queue and enjoy of your big screen.
The speed difference is night and day. No more horrible lag with the interface. The Netflix UI is really nice. I like that I can search and read about movies on my iPad and throw them into the queue to watch on my big screen. Even though I saw SJ hold the ATV during the keynote, I was still surprised at how tiny it was in my hand. Much improved and even though there is a typical streaming lag due to the lack of hard drive, it's barely noticeable on my hard wired network.
I'd buy the 7" model. Sometimes two inches is a lot.
I live a Ferry ride from Seattle. Because it's a peninsula, the local Costco, Wal-Mart, specialty food stores and restaurants do a fantastic business. You can hardly tell there's a recession out here. Apple has umpteen stores on the Seattle side... we need a couple out here. I'm surprised this has been overlooked. Apple, are you listening? Think Kitsap.
I bought one too. I have every version of this product. I'm not sure how the photos are going to stream (if they do), but that sure is a nice feature when the Apple TV goes into sleep mode - the scrolling of your life in full color. We used our ATV the other night when company was over. So many funny videos that I've collected over the years as well as crystal clear pictures. I'm looking forward to the new unit with its NetFlix feature. One step closer to cutting out...
I didn't vote for the big O, but he's missing an opportunity to trumpet green/hi-tech jobs of the future. And he can do it while showcasing our favorite fruit company, Apple. He could point to Apple to illustrate the importance of education in a knowledge economy, that manufacturing is not a critical component to the pie. Globalization is bringing down wages for skills that don't require an advanced degree. Our nation needs world-class companies that CREATE and INNOVATE...
Ok Apple, when you reach #1, I have a few new ideas to branch out with: 1. Go Patriotic and design an electric car, the one we all want to buy. 2. Design a new remote for all TV/Entertainment devices. Or a TV/DVR Interface that could catch on so we could all standardize our components and the means to control them with a simple download. The remote, perhaps a new titanium, would be irresistible to men. 2a. Better yet, return fire on Samsung and design a bigger,...
LOL... yeah, good point. Mirroring Jobs' growth over the years, Apple's autos would, until recently, have left the assembly line with one pedal. If you pushed it, you'd accelerate. To brake, you'd have to hold down a button on the dash while pushing the pedal. Apple would eventually offer models with two pedals, but they wouldn't be mechanical. Just a smooth surface and intelligent sensors for your feet to work with. Revolutionary new compact models would outsell all the...