or Connect

Posts by bugsnw

I've read a lot of books about Jobs. I'm excited to see some interesting twists and tidbits with this authorized bio.
I have to say that the quality of the iPad v2 panels is not quite the same as the v1 iPad. We have 3 iPad 2s here and in direct comparisons, side-by-side, the text is sharper on the v1 iPad. It's a niggle, however. I only noticed it because I read the WSJ using the medium size text setting. My eyes picked up a faint blurriness. You really have to look hard to see it. For playing games, for example, you would never pick up the difference. As far as the backlog, one of...
This is exciting news. I remember reading The Journey is the Reward quite a few years ago and eating up every word. It's hard to believe Jobs would cooperate but maybe his cancer made him realize it's better to have a say in shaping your legacy than rely on authors who might not have the true story.
The govt. certainly didn't get in the way of MS's tablet creation efforts. And raw, unrestrained competition has resulted in tons of innovation in this area. As long as the govt. stays out, this will continue.
Steven Levy wrote a great book about the Mac's early days. The differences between what SJ saw at Xerox and what they came up with was night and day. Many people think they stole or copied all those GUI innovations. But they improved on them so much that they can properly be credited with inventing many of the GUI conventions we enjoy today. I agree with the poster above who used the word hypocrite. I'm not supportive of patenting ideas so crucial and general that...
Wife and I had the v1 iPads. Now we are stoked about our new iPads that arrived the other day. I synced mine and got it all set up and then noticed that the text is not as crisp. It actually seems to go in and out of fuzziness right before my eyes. And there's a definite angle that it looks best. I checked out apps like Wall Street Journal, NYT, Pages text, and some games like Words with Friends. Fuzzier than v1 iPad. So I'm syncing my wife's iPad to my account and...
O'Reilly's talking points covered the sensationalism of the other networks. His coverage is pretty good. Fair and Balanced.
Steve Jobs said that there are talented and smart people at MS. It's just that they don't have any class and culture in their products. Zune is exhibit A. Someone at MS who should have been fired decades ago has had the final say in naming their software and hardware products. In hindsight, the name, color, lack of support and looking downright dowdy next to Apple's iPods should have clued MS execs in to its certain demise. It did take longer than I expected. I'll...
LOL.....perfect! What is Apple's market share for real computers that cost over $1,000? The plastic junk at costco will never appeal to those that value nice things and a wonderful, efficient, virus free, relatively trouble free computing experience. I have a cell phone that costco threw at me for free. Is this what Android users include in the hyper competitive market for mobile phones? What is Apple's share for smart phones that actually have some of the functionality of...
THANK YOU, AI!!!!!!!! These are my favorite posts. Right after Apple comes out with some new kit, AI gets up close and personal. No one does it better. Then the replies after the article are just a bonus. Some are quite insightful and help in understanding the 'why's'