or Connect

Posts by bugsnw

It's very nice having Office, or at least Excel and Word, on the Mac. I actually like Excel. The more compatible they make it with the Windows version, the better. I can adapt very quickly to an odd interface. What I hope is this version puts an end to devastating crashes in Excel that come out of nowhere and destroy your data. It's the only App for us that has this behavior across all our Macs at the office. Save often and back up your data. And cross your...
I remember back in the day packing car batteries so we could run our card terminals at remote fairs and art shows. This is a huge improvement! Now everyone can take credit cards and sell just about anything, 24 hours a day. Imagine the growth in our economy. The IRS will demand info from the clearinghouses. States will demand info sharing as well so they can determine exactly which purchases were made in-state and are thus taxable. Then they can alert you on your iPad...
I find myself agreeing with a lot of Reich's comments and articles. Or at least parts of them. Spending during a recession is sometimes necessary. The problem is what kind of spending. Any govt. program with a mix of massive spending and targeted tax cuts will have detractors. Personally, I would have gone with higher tax cuts for a broad base of small businesses. But Reich championed NAFTA so at least he understands the power of free trade. And he champions Apple so he...
I'm wary about the economy. We are still under the Bush tax cuts. I'm not sure how our economy will cope with the massive new taxes in the pipeline. My guess is it's not going to be pretty. Tax and spend has never worked. Unemployment is going to creep higher when small businesses are forced to cut costs via laying off when bruised by the coming hikes. As far as networks, there's a reason Fox is #1. If you like the WSJ, it's strange to say you don't like Fox. I prefer...
I had my iMac lock up as well coming out of sleep. The next boot seemed to take forever as I pondered the possibility of a hard drive failure. Coming out of sleep takes about 2-3 x as long as before. I dunno what happened. Mail also slows to a crawl sometimes when sending attachments. While I'm bitching, what's with the USB peripherals dropping out of this universe after long periods of non-use. It's a pain to unplug and replug in the scanner.
Keep those engines roaring if it means more deals. As long as Al Gore isn't on board, the fuel costs will be trivial.
Interesting stuff... what will google do with this new toy? I appreciate the name break down by AppleInsider. Foreign languages...I think Firelight would have been a cooler name. "Come on baby lux my agni" just doesn't have the same ring... Could be new connection technology to compete with Intel's light-cable or whatever it's called.
This was exactly the conundrum I faced with a client who wanted to move to Mac. The iPad was a definite. It was a matter of MacPro, MBP or iMac to go along with it.In the end, after considering the activities of office and home + traveling, we opted for the 2 iMac (one for work, one for home) + iPad. We'll see how this formula worked out when the iPads arrive, but after going over all the scenarios multiple times, I'm sure we made the right choice.Personally, I always...
Even though some of the debate centers on current CPU technology, I'm going out on a limb that AMD has shown SJ some fancy stuff coming down the pipe that has piqued his interest, especially in regards to mobile technology. Let's champion this potential broadening of partners if only because it will hone all three companies to produce even better technology as well as help drive prices down further.
I always thought Apple would eventually migrate to Intel, if only because that's their main business and they focus and pour R&D into it and are rewarded with volume chip sales. We enjoyed PPC while it was great and differentiated. Apple made the wise decision to jump ship and we all freaked out and then rejoiced with our faster, cooler intel hardware. So really, I don't care as long as it's fast, innovative and energy efficient. If I were Apple, I'd be dabbling and...