or Connect

Posts by bugsnw

Steve Jobs said that there are talented and smart people at MS. It's just that they don't have any class and culture in their products. Zune is exhibit A. Someone at MS who should have been fired decades ago has had the final say in naming their software and hardware products. In hindsight, the name, color, lack of support and looking downright dowdy next to Apple's iPods should have clued MS execs in to its certain demise. It did take longer than I expected. I'll...
LOL.....perfect! What is Apple's market share for real computers that cost over $1,000? The plastic junk at costco will never appeal to those that value nice things and a wonderful, efficient, virus free, relatively trouble free computing experience. I have a cell phone that costco threw at me for free. Is this what Android users include in the hyper competitive market for mobile phones? What is Apple's share for smart phones that actually have some of the functionality of...
THANK YOU, AI!!!!!!!! These are my favorite posts. Right after Apple comes out with some new kit, AI gets up close and personal. No one does it better. Then the replies after the article are just a bonus. Some are quite insightful and help in understanding the 'why's'
That's Mossberg's sidekick and she irritated the hell out of me. I don't get what the appeal is with Moss. His video reviews are incredibly boring. Sometimes he hits on a few details others miss, but for the way I look at products, I prefer Pogue any day. I saw the interview you mentioned and I agree it was an embarrassing event. By the way, she has done even more appalling interviews for Microsoft products. Watching her made me cringe.
Apple used to use Canon's engine for their printers. I owned the LaserWriter 8500 and it was a beast of a laser printer. Maybe they'll collaborate and invent high quality lenses that will fit inside Apple's ever thinning mobile line.
You're right. And ABBREVIATED is too long a word. It should set an example.
App Store is probably too generic. So is Windows, but MS got their trademark. Interesting legal debate, but doesn't affect Apple much either way.
It is a great tip. I didn't know you could hold your finger down on a symbol and return swiftly to the regular keyboard. But it's not enough. There is plenty of GUI room for the commonly used symbols to not have to toggle in the first place. And like someone else said, you should be able to customize your keyboard for what you're trying to accomplish. Programming, writing a novel, chatting, etc, all could be customized to increase efficiency.
My short wish list includes: 1. Faster App startup 2. More inclusive keyboard that includes apostrophe, hyphen, and @ and .com on the 1st screen 3. It's be cool to have the option of requiring a definite 'tap' to register a key press while typing. After seeing what they've done in Garageband with faux pressure sensitivity, this is doable. That way, typists could optionally rest their fingers on the keyboard as they do with a hardware keyboard and only when they...
We are replacing three of ours and relegating the v1 units to the office. I do wish 4G would have been in the cards by now, and many reviews I've read have at least touched on this. Lucky that most iPad users don't delve into the cellular realm that often.