or Connect

Posts by bugsnw

It's a forum, not a court of law. Don't come here looking for anything but a little fun and a lotta opinion.
I'm no lawyer, but I think you can claim things that are true but still not subject yourself to lawsuits when someone spins the claims against you in acts of carelessness, neglect or misuse. Interesting note for any Rolex owners. Reading their claims makes the watches sound indestructable. They certainly certify survivability in all their rigid tests. But people nick the sapphire faces and the watches break just wearing them in normal use. If these types of lawsuits had...
The McDoo lawsuit had merit. This doesn't, IMHO. The iPhone has 2 primary glass surfaces. Gorilla glass or no, there's no guarantee it will survive 3 or 4 foot drops. It's like a long-stemmed wine glass. It's reasonable to assume it will be full of wine and the holder of said glass will be imbibing. It is reasonable to expect a fair percentage of glasses to be dropped or knocked over. You'd think wine glass makers would be drowning in class action...
No surprise people would rather watch a movie on the big screen. Netflix is a great idea and priced right. I just wish they'd have a category for NEW movies. Meaning the ones that recently were in theaters. To me, Tom Hanks' Big isn't a new movie, even if only recently offered on NF.
Throw me in with this camp. So far, Apple has not paid as much attention to the tactile experience of using their mice. Even the keyboard has received much more attention and yet it's the mouse that our hands caress the surface of. I currently use the logitech 7+ button, metal scroll wheel wonders. I like real buttons that give haptic feedback by clicking when pressed. I love that spinning flywheel. It feels substantial and fun to use. They even put a strip of rubber on it...
Is Apple going to add all these goodies and leapfrog the rest of the tablet industry (if they haven't already)? Or is Apple going to go incremental, likely putting off our upgrades until v3? If it's the latter, and these rumors get out there and generate wild expectations, the stock could take a dumper on the days following the actual v2 iPad intro.
When comparing Apple's products to others, there's a lot of factors to bring into the comparison. Do they have something like iTunes to manage the plethora of multimedia we all have? Does it sync effortlessly to my computer or in the cloud? Does it have a well stocked app store? Is the OS easy to use? Will the hardware/os be supported by a reputable company in the future? What kind of ecosystem of 3rd party products are available? I just don't see anyone else putting...
That last iPhone update with the retina display and new body was a very aggressive update. Except for the iPods, it was one of the most ambitious upgrades I've seen from Apple. It would appear that Jobs wants to put some distance between Apple's mobile kit and the rest of the players. Even knowing that Apple is putting so much energy into their iPhones and iPads, such an upgrade as this thread suggests seems a little too ambitious. I would be overjoyed to see it and...
Good point. One of my favorite economists, Thomas Sowell, has spilled a lot of ink pointing out the unintentional consequences of easy solutions. Hike taxes on the rich. Limit compensation of CEOs. Price controls. Lengthen unemployment benefits. Lower standards on home loans. Because you're dealing with human nature, it's hard to predict the outcome of many policies and regulations. One would expect unpleasant consequences for attempts to regulate or limit upper executive...
Stock options and excessive executive pay, especially for non-performance or golden handshakes, poison pills. These are all debated all the time. They can be excessive and often are, when compared across industries or internationally. It's a tricky debate, given that for many people, Steve Jobs making $1 million would be considered excessive. I've debated liberals who think no one on earth should make more than $250,000. It's a difficult area to insert more...