or Connect

Posts by bugsnw

Ok Apple, when you reach #1, I have a few new ideas to branch out with: 1. Go Patriotic and design an electric car, the one we all want to buy. 2. Design a new remote for all TV/Entertainment devices. Or a TV/DVR Interface that could catch on so we could all standardize our components and the means to control them with a simple download. The remote, perhaps a new titanium, would be irresistible to men. 2a. Better yet, return fire on Samsung and design a bigger,...
LOL... yeah, good point. Mirroring Jobs' growth over the years, Apple's autos would, until recently, have left the assembly line with one pedal. If you pushed it, you'd accelerate. To brake, you'd have to hold down a button on the dash while pushing the pedal. Apple would eventually offer models with two pedals, but they wouldn't be mechanical. Just a smooth surface and intelligent sensors for your feet to work with. Revolutionary new compact models would outsell all the...
To my mind, the innovation in autos has just begun. I drive a hybrid now and it's pretty amazing. But there's a far wider spread between computers of 1983 and today vs. cars of the same time line. Computers have become smaller, faster, cheaper and more energy efficient over time. To a degree that shames the auto industry. "Mature" in the way you used it just refers to management that have not pushed very hard in regards to innovation and quality. Or perhaps they stopped...
I was surprised to see most of his wealth tied up in Disney. But then again, last time I went to Disneyland I was financially raped. At least when I buy a Mac, it's design and engineering captivates and inspires me long after the purchase. Apple exemplifies the spirit of entrepreneurism in America. They still behave like a young and hungry company. And they remind us of the power of capitalism. Just imagine if other companies (the energy and automobile industries...
After that lengthy buildup, anything less than Jessica Alba dancing semi-nude in front of a blue lagoon would be a let down. I can't be the only one chuckling at a Microsoft ad that employs a mirage to announce its forthcoming Revolution. Reminds me of one in the Seinfeld ad series where Gates squirmed around trying to dislodge his wedgie. Microsoft blew a huge wad of cash on those turds and we were left scratching our heads.
You probably can tell a 720p signal from a 1080p one if you look hard enough. I would bet the compression of the signal matters more, but then again, I've enjoyed my Apple TV since the first model came out. On my 52" Sharp Aquos, everything looks pretty darn nice. I will say this..I've seen a blue-ray disc movie and it did show really well. The interface was horrible, however, and waiting 25 minutes to wade through ads and previews before my movie would ruin the...
I love my Apple TV but look forward to the rumored improvements. There is so much potential in this area because they already have a captive, active audience - me sitting there like a stump eating salt-n-vinegar chips. I'd like Skype, tons more movies, especially recent releases and the ability to order up old TV episodes for a sweet deal. The Apple TV does need a much beefier CPU if only to toss the slow and goofy interface out and replace it with something snappy...
True, but you do have to remove Apple's excellent case to use the keyboard dock and my Zeppelin speaker system requires naked iPods. My point is I'm looking forward to a far more elegant solution.
Glad to see Apple working on this. I hope it comes quickly. I have never liked 30-pin connectors or any type of connector that requires you to aim, involves friction, or requires case removal. Don't even get me started on requiring adapters for various models. That's why many users of world class speaker systems like the Zepplin hide standard headphone jack connectors behind their speakers for when company is over wanting to listen to their various iPod models....
I was all smiles until the price of the rubber ring was revealed. Is Macfixit going to do an analysis on that and find it costs Apple 1.7 cents? I agree that Apple is basically offering this as breakage insurance. Had they designed a rubber ring around the iPhone, it wouldn't have been nearly as sexy. But then again, neither are a million scratches. They did mention that the glass was as hard as sapphire crystal, which is what Rolex uses. And you simply cannot scratch...