or Connect

Posts by bugsnw

You're right. I don't have a link, even after searching Google and Bing for a bit. I did find a MacRumors board where it was discussed:   http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=198217   I think I was wrong. It could have been SJ talking about more rapid OS updates:   http://appleinsider.com/articles/07/10/22/steve_jobs_talks_future_mac_os_x_upgrades_mac_sales_and_more   Apple has such high volume now (for iOS devices) that aiming for semi-annual hardware updates...
  Yeah, I agree with this and I think Steve Jobs did too. I remember him at some keynote proclaiming that Apple was going to move to a semi-annual update cycle for Macs, more closely matching Intel's upgrade cycle and keeping a step ahead of the competition. The usual cycle was to buy a Mac and by the time a new one was introduced, it seemed slow by current market standards.   It seems like innovations are happening quickly enough that there might be an incentive to...
  Yep. I agree with the roadmap/future. No one loved the PPC more than I, but I also knew that Intel wasn't sitting still. It's hard to imagine billions of dollars of R&D and an intense focus on making ever more powerful/cooler CPUs by the largest chip maker not eventually dominating the portable CPU biz.   Intel wants Apple's portable business and they will continue to throw their considerable cash and brain power at it until they achieve their goals. I imagine a...
I'm not one for giving to charity. Too much corruption and stealing and ineffective use of my hard-earned dough. Give someone your time, help, money or care and watch them light up. It's more direct.   Since I've graduated from college, I've received thousands of letters and solicitations to give. I just don't. Something doesn't calculate. All the money that goes to help students in need add up to billions. Yet tuition continues to skyrocket, leaving the vast...
All that wealth. There must be crazy, unbelievable innovation coming out of that area. Wait, no. It's just rotting dino.
Ironically, lobbying is exactly what got us to where we are today with the convoluted tax code. I wouldn't have made this move.
In the report, Apple details suggestions on how to improve corporate taxation. Tim willingly admitted that it would likely increase Apple's tax liability. That is preferable to a complex, convoluted code that encourages tax schemes and other avoidance.
You can read how this is going to play out on these boards. It's going to be distilled to rich vs. poor in many people's minds. Tax avoidance. Cheating.   It's ironic, given the backdrop of the IRS being mired in scandal. Not to mention another certain "Tim," who didn't pay his legal tax burden.   It's a sham. Politics and taxation have proven a poisonous mixture.
If we are going to tax corporate income, we should head towards a much lower rate and broaden the base so everyone (with income) pays something. No industry should receive political favors as once that starts, we end up with the labyrinth code that we have now.   Politicians don't like flat/simple tax solutions because it removes them from giving favors and getting elected. But we should do just that.   Or we can move to a consumption tax and forget about taxing...
DED disparages the idea of Apple buying Dropbox but in fact Apple did have them in their sights.   It might have yielded some good fruit, too. Dropbox works really well. Sync is not one of Apple's strengths.   I hope Apple is throwing money at this problem. Services and Software need a boost.