or Connect

Posts by bugsnw

Sometimes cutting taxes (prices) does stimulate the economy (sales). Depends on where you are on the Laffer curve.
Given the blowout quarter, I was a little underwhelmed by Apple's move up. It's a good move for a day, but it didn't look like a major adjustment was in play. Maybe that'll change over the next few days as the enormity of Apple's numbers sink in.   Someone gave Cook some kudos and I'd like to add to that. He's the right guy and the right time. And here I thought he was a tad too boring. I missed that call big time.   One thing I like about Cook is that he did bend to...
What blew me away when I read the details was Tim Cook saying less than 15% of the sales #s of iPhones were from updaters. I really thought that number was going to be a lot higher. That certainly bodes well for future upside surprises.
Apple's number aways blow my mind. Apple's Shanghai store has over 25,000 visitors per day! It's just hard to fathom. I read stuff like this and the future looks so bright, I can't figure out why the stock isn't making huge jumps by the day. (I understand and agree that the overall market is higher than the economy might warrant, being driven by big money chasing the only place where they can generate returns).
MikhailT - thank you for your long post on page 2 where you rebut the naysayers.   I can't remember the exact multiple but Apple is ramping up performance of the Ax chips very quickly, especially in the area of graphics. 50x or 84x or whatever, the curve is aggressive.   It wouldn't surprise me to see a breakthrough from Apple in the area of processor design, enough to warrant a switch. We'd enjoy supposedly less expensive hardware. Apple would no longer be tethered to...
Correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't Apple generate nearly all the profits from the $1,000+ category of PC sales? If Apple were to move to their own in-house Ax chip, that would drastically change the dynamics in that market. As Apple lowered their prices, significant pressure would be put on margins for all the other top players in the PC market. They would be up against the wall unless Intel significantly lowered their prices.   My guess is Intel couldn't match Apple's...
It's hard to believe that if you had any Apple laptop crap out after 18 months that if you approached them nicely, they wouldn't bend over backwards to help you. I've always been pleased with Apple's customer service. Of course, we had purchased dozens of iMacs over the years running our accounting firm...   I know the frustration, though. We bought an Acura MD-X and it had a known faulty transmission that switched gears constantly on the freeway. I took my erroneous...
My statement that Apple plays in a highly competitive industry is verified day in and day out by big players who started resting on their laurels and paid a swift and painful price. Yahoo was the king of the internet...until a small startup showed up and cleaned house. There was no competition from Apple in the digital music player field on 10-22-01. You would have heard  many people ask the same question you're asking. Then, on 10-23-01, Apple introduced iPod and the...
TS...you enjoy snark and I won't get into that with you here. Whatever makes you happy. You might want to oil up your gears and try to follow along sometimes. We all love Apple and there are few whiners. We love continuous improvement. The first time I fired up a video on my iPad 1, I wished the speakers were both louder and designed better as far as the direction of sound.   Remember, Apple is in a wildly competitive industry. It's a great thing that they have both...
I have the logitech boombox mini....love it. But the sound always feels more natural coming right form the source. I have to lay the speaker on my stomach, behind the iPad, in order to watch and hear a movie properly. If it's off to the side, it's distracting.