or Connect

Posts by bugsnw

An area for serious improvement is the keyboard layout. There is room for common characters such as hyphens, apostrophes, parentheses, and many symbols above and around the keyboard space. It dramatically slows down input to have to toggle between keyboards. Even a thinner 'row' above the QWERTY would be immensely helpful. For those that wanted to minimize keyboard space, they could have an option to turn off the extra row. Speaking of room for more stuff, the menu bar...
You are exactly right. It was painful to watch that video. I like Walt and I think his written reviews are generally spot on. But as I hit play, all I could think was, "I see dead people..." I don't want to look up an old man's nose or try to rectify the looking-into-a-spoon appearance in my head. Also, it's distracting to see where Walt gets his boom boom on. Your bed probably shouldn't be in your video unless it's also occupied by Megan Fox. There's many people who write...
Nice review. Dan can hardly conceal his hatred for MS products then grits his teeth and plugs it for 4 stars! Hate to admit it, but that's how I feel about Office too. Excel is nice. Nice in the way that it's sort of comfortable. Everyone uses it. But it is clumsy and inelegant. Just the default color swatch choices alone scream classless. Numbers should be better. Not sure why basic functions like border controls need to be so strange and difficult. I want to love...
You must mean the republican congress that shrunk govt. after the blowout in '94 (which is repeating itself in November). Put all your hatred aside and concentrate on the present. How are the looming massive tax hikes, endless spending on wasteful and ineffective stimulus programs and the creation of the largest entitlement program in history working out for you? I'm for whoever is for small govt., lower taxes, and less regulation. It's ironic that Obama is seeking advice...
I hope Steve Jobs shakes Obama's hand and then politely reminds him that although he himself is a democrat, his business was started and thrived because of capitalism. Although I'm sure Obama has some 'spread the wealth' ideas regarding Apple's 51B in cash.
Yep. Always run the latest. I've had every model of ATV as well, and talked my parents into buying one as well. I wish I had waited to recommend the new one. My parents experience the annoying lag as well. Here as some examples: I have 150 or so little videos in my video folder. Most of it just funny snippets of video. Browsing through those is clumsy and not at all like the new ATV. Often I'll click the down button 5 or 6 times before it suddenly jumps several movies. And...
Ooops. Queue. Browse on your iPad, add the movies into the instant queue and enjoy of your big screen.
The speed difference is night and day. No more horrible lag with the interface. The Netflix UI is really nice. I like that I can search and read about movies on my iPad and throw them into the queue to watch on my big screen. Even though I saw SJ hold the ATV during the keynote, I was still surprised at how tiny it was in my hand. Much improved and even though there is a typical streaming lag due to the lack of hard drive, it's barely noticeable on my hard wired network.
I'd buy the 7" model. Sometimes two inches is a lot.
I live a Ferry ride from Seattle. Because it's a peninsula, the local Costco, Wal-Mart, specialty food stores and restaurants do a fantastic business. You can hardly tell there's a recession out here. Apple has umpteen stores on the Seattle side... we need a couple out here. I'm surprised this has been overlooked. Apple, are you listening? Think Kitsap.