or Connect

Posts by bugsnw

Dropbox is better for file sharing/syncing. It's truly amazing. I can't live without it now. Perhaps Apple will copy their implementation. It's a very good workaround, actually. Any computer can link to your account and print your documents.
I would be surprised to see if Apple didn't include this in os 4.0. Something along the lines of Vuescan, which is a terrific scan driver for hundreds of scanners.
I don't think the model without 3G will appeal to most so I would expect the lines to be moderate. Apple allowed pre-ordering online or through your phone rep. so this is going go put a big dent in lines that the media focus on. I ordered 4 online and no one saw. Wait till Apple's sales #s come through. Brilliant that they posted those fantastic looking apps on their web site on launch day. They look incredible! By the way, I think Apple should avoid so much...
I'm always relieved to read articles like this. Networking a bunch of computers together and keeping it humming is always a mixture of experience, technical knowhow and magic. Wireless networking just seems to be luck, magic and voodoo.
Doesn't surprise me that SJ gave to Democrats in the past. Many of the very wealthy are quite liberal. Then there's a huge chunk of conservatives that run small businesses and want govt. to set the rules and get out of the way. I don't think government would interest a perfectionist like SJ. He certainly wouldn't run the govt. like the party he contributed to. I'm not even sure the skill sets transpose. SJ is so results oriented and you can see his stamp on every single...
Censorship probably isn't the right word, technically. But Apple is going to find it harder and harder to take a puritan stance as many books, movies, songs and whatever else in the digital world contain adult content. And I find it all so silly. Put it in a special area like we've been dealing with it out here in the real world. Kids still get it, yet don't spontaneously combust. Besides, according to Dr. Oz, looking at breasts every day makes men live longer.
Censorship in this realm doesn't make a lot of sense. It just makes hypocrites out of us all. Intelligently regulating access via parental controls or the usual ratings systems will work just fine. I understand the line Apple tried to avoid crossing. But you can be a perfectly great book store that caters to all age groups. All you have to do is put the good stuff behind the magic curtain.
Radio Shack has improved over the years. My son likes to go in there and see all the gadgets. It brings back fond memories of those TRS-80s in high school. I can't see Apple selling their kit there with any degree of success. Most Radio Shacks I've seen at malls are always stuck down at the crappy end, just outside Sears.
Nintendo has Pokemon and Mario Bros and a few other popular characters. As a parent of two boys, I did some fast math and bought one an iPod touch and the other got the handed down iPhone. They still prefer their DSes when at home as they mach up with the Wii characters. But when we hit the car, they grab the iPod touches. They can watch movies, play more games, and do more things with the Apple kit. As a parent, I appreciate the cheap games and ever growing library. My...
Way to go, Steve & Arnold. Two of our great spirits of our lifetimes. I am an organ donor myself but was surprised at the high number of Californians that have opted in. We are truly the most generous nation on earth. This mere push will create even more supply. Donating a kidney should be without fee to the donor as well, my .02 - which kinda ties into the question asked at the end.