or Connect

Posts by bugsnw

A lot of that money is spent on innovation. You might note that SJ can afford to go anywhere in the world for his care.
melgross, thank you for the sensible and even handed posts. This is a slightly murky issue, as you stated. But if you open up a typical Finance textbook, you'll see much time spent on job titles and duties and conflicts of interest concerns. SJ might be a lot of things - private, stingy, generous, mean, whatever. The law really doesn't care and Apple must operate within the law. The hazy way SJ's health has been dealt with might open Apple up to lawsuits. This is...
I'm glad SJ was able to take advantage of our world-beating health care and possibly extend his productive years by a decade or more! I know his DNA is intertwined with Apple and hopefully he'll always have at least a consulting role as they pump out more great products in the years ahead.
First I read the article, then I watched the video. I don't think the video illustrates what was quoted in the article. OLED is awesome. Can't wait for it on iPod touch. But in the video, the Zune screen looked garish and cartoony. The interface, although probably not complete, looked clumsy and unpolished. Huge text? Unresponsive interface? It looked like the next Microsoft Bob. Can't wait for the Macworld review. I truly hope it's a nice leap for Microsoft....
I was lucky to have a NeXT Cube during my college days. When Apple bought NeXT along with SJ, I couldn't wait for the adoption of superior UI elements as detachable menus and column view. I think SJ wanted to morph NeXT's paradigm into Apple's OS pretty much as I enjoyed it, but long time interface elements ended up lingering behind, such as the menu bar. It is a big change and takes a while to get used to. But being able to customize your Apps with the perfect set of...
First it was the 90s Apple. Now it's Steve Jobs himself. He's officially beleaguered. We know what happened to Apple so maybe SJ will have a smashing comeback as well.
This isn't really news as Apple has been offering more and more value with each model change. Maybe not as fast as some would like (including me), but it's consistent and predictable. The iPods followed a more aggressive schedule and are blowing out the doors at this point. $100 here and there will add up. They will make it up in volume. I understood the writer's point. This isn't about 'cheap' Macs but taking advantage of any and all opportunities to lower prices as...
Teno: No, that comes along with the presence of the Y Chromosome. I find the argument that companies have to reward upper management with 10s of millions of stock options a little disingenuous. It's more greed than logic. So Fred was on the verge of moving over to Dell, save for a pile of options that kept him at Apple? The cost of this way of thinking exceeds the benefits. I'm all for getting rich and enjoying success, whatever amount that may be. I just don't like...
At first I thought I wandered onto a PC discussion thread where Windows users criticize any and all Mac products. Let's give credit where it's due. This thing isn't going to drive Mac users to Dell, but it is a huge step in the right direction. It has a lot going for it. Aluminum and black and thin. The price competition will be helpful to keep Apple on the true and level. Competition for design is always a great thing. We should applaud any and all efforts to...
I like O'Reilly. He often has both sides on and allows time for back and forth. I agree that he overpowers his guests from time to time, but I appreciate hearing arguments on both sides. Most other programs don't do this as much. My main beef is when they have on someone brilliant like Stephen Moore and don't give him very much time to articulate his point. I know they've done studies that show viewer's attention spans have decreased markedly, but I'm not one of those...