or Connect

Posts by bugsnw

I'd like to add to the harsh blows to the freebie modems given out to unwary customers. It's worth your hair staying on your crown to immediately throw their junk in the trash and get an Apple AE or other brand name that you're familiar with.
I saw the ad for the HP with the i7 and it's impressive how fast they move to update their components. If I'm not mistaken, it's it basically an Intel motherboard + the usual components (HD, RAM, etc)? Apple puts a lot more engineering into each revision and thus we wait 6 months or longer between updates. By the time we are due for an update, our PC buddies are sailing away on much faster and cheaper hardware. Then we get our update and for a while, we are binary...
Speaking of chips... Apple did purchase a chip design company. Maybe they have something to show off and that's the big news that apparently isn't 'authorized' to be let out. One reason I love these forums... I actually thought people were wrong that the back of the current iMacs were black plastic. I was a little embarrassed to peek back there and realize, for the first time, how not-exactly-beautiful the rear end is. Well, maybe Apple will carve the next one out of a...
SJ once told a story about how he appreciates an artisan or craftsman who pays attention to how the BACK of the product looks. Like a dresser. Yes, it's true that no one is going to see the back, so there might not be an obvious argument for using good wood and finishing it nicely. But the craftsman knows it's there. I have the same sensibilities as Jobs. It's always a pleasure to buy a new iMac (my tool of choice) and when it arrives, take the time to admire the...
You're all formally invited to my iMac Launch Party. I'm working on a video now. I need one black guy, one older woman, a hottie, and a nerd. It's important to show that being hip crosses all ethnic and socioeconomic lines. I'd like to see the following: My 24" iMac is in a 28" enclosure. I hope Apple gets to the gold standard of a super thin monitor just hanging there in space, with no 'edge.' Put a desktop chip in there, if possible. Better graphics card. Much...
You won't have to wonder long. All those programs are going broke. The word Bankruptcy is crossing our national lips. We need reform, true. We'd like to have every American have a wonderful health care package from cradle to grave. I'd personally like it if every American had a nice home and an HD TV and a Mac. We have to balance our desires and wishes with financial reality. Dissension is not a bad thing. Liberals play the race card often, but it's not about skin color....
Stats are funny things. Take out car accidents and murder and we score better on longevity. If we are #37 in health care, one must wonder why Steve Jobs received his transplant right here in America. My guess is we are teh most innovative and advanced and we need to keep these qualities, whatever style of health care program we implement via reform.
This is a complex issue. The first part of the article points out a huge spending flaw in Medicare. Doesn't look very well run. But then we are to fall behind and cheer a Medicare on steroids...bigger, more complex, and more expensive than any entitlement program in history. Obama ironically tries to promote the new health care plan by pointing out that there are 100s of billions of spending abuses and wasteful practices in the existing version. If we merely realize...
They might as well just lobby congress to extract a fee for every child born on Earth. After all, those children are certainly going to be downloading free music and videos (instead of being gouged by greedy executives). Their predicament is similar to the effects of high taxation. The higher you go, the more you incentivize cheating. I pay for my music and videos, but the generations to come will require a new, more honest paradigm. They are not going to pay for a crappy...
Prince's credibility will be on the line here. We'll all see this new OLED screen, with all the comparisons and articles and analysis following. I'm not a techie here, but I hope this new screen is drop-dead gorgeous. Apple's last iPod touch update was a yawner. Another player or two always helps keep everyone paranoid and aggressive. If we all love high tech, we would champion hearty competition. I realize the sales figures will not compare, but if this screen is...