or Connect

Posts by bugsnw

Nintendo has Pokemon and Mario Bros and a few other popular characters. As a parent of two boys, I did some fast math and bought one an iPod touch and the other got the handed down iPhone. They still prefer their DSes when at home as they mach up with the Wii characters. But when we hit the car, they grab the iPod touches. They can watch movies, play more games, and do more things with the Apple kit. As a parent, I appreciate the cheap games and ever growing library. My...
Way to go, Steve & Arnold. Two of our great spirits of our lifetimes. I am an organ donor myself but was surprised at the high number of Californians that have opted in. We are truly the most generous nation on earth. This mere push will create even more supply. Donating a kidney should be without fee to the donor as well, my .02 - which kinda ties into the question asked at the end.
I miss VisualHub. I love adding to my Apple TV movie library. VisualHub was so efficient and high quality. Apparently VH is being redone, but I've tried a few others out there that look similar and others that are more commercial (Popcorn) and nothing gets me that excited. Nothing that I've seen kept the visual quality high while reducing file size like VH did. I would think that this would interest Apple since they have so many devices to move video files to. I'd...
He's not that old. The older I get, the older old gets. I hope he has a quick recovery. His resume is quite impressive. Best wishes to his family.
Capnbob, absolutely. Point well taken. That's what makes this exercise so fun and unpredictable. Given Apple's DNA, they don't have it in them to engage in a race to the bottom. Given the world-class products Apple likes to turn out - with breathtaking design and fine engineering with attention paid to so many details, including the packaging and experience of tearing into any Apple product - is their room to clamp down on prices and move more volume? Given what a...
One of my clients is a switcher, after having his PC infected with a virus that destroyed his data. He's simultaneously trying to recover said data while setting up his new Mac system. You can imagine our support calls. The MS Pro is quite defensive and clearly thinks Macs are fun toys, but not good for anything else. "They don't run Exchange." "They don't have serious programs to do the stuff the client needs to do." "Why can't they just run windows." Syncing mail and...
Tangents make life interesting. Skip over the posts that you don't like and devour the ones you do. Life is good. The most interesting discussions often occur on the periphery of a given topic or headline. Apple's bonus system and the magnitude of the options and who they go to and for what are all interesting. The huge numbers that are thrown around elicit strong emotional reactions that are just as interesting. For what it's worth, Cook's going to pay a lot of...
It takes a lot of education, effort, and risk taking to get to the point where you're making the big bucks. Or reaching the point where you can live handsomely off of passive income. Many people fail, often many times, trying to attain this lofty perch. When they finally get there, there's a huge mass of people who were unwilling to do what they did to succeed, standing at the sidelines, bitching about their success. Time and time again, when tax rates are cut,...
Apple has been incredibly successful by controlling the entire widget. Many customers have been complaining loudly about their experiences with AT&T. You can't buy an iPhone without it. Mobile seems to be the word of the day. You can't be mobile without access to the internet somehow. We might see a big move before Jobs departs. I don't think he'd want to leave one of the largest piggy banks ever created at the hands of lesser mortals.
Movies handle this issue just fine. And I hope we've come to realize that kids who see women in bikinis do not spontaneously combust. Let's hope some intelligent ratings system is in place and utilized effectively. Things should be in the proper category and perhaps the categories expanded. The way Apple has handled this is puzzling and opens them up to ridicule and hypocrisy.