or Connect

Posts by bugsnw

You guys are what I like to call Sound Nazis. The ones who argued vehemently that the iPod could never succeed because no one in their right mind would listen to such horrible, flat, worthless sound. Not when it's not purely pre-amped, wired directly, DAC-stuffed, and output to Iridium-laced, neodymium enriched speakers. It's about the music. The iPod proved all the audiophiles wrong and went on to be a stunning success. The sound is quite good enough and portability...
That 3D canyon thing was a bust, but in general, this looks like a lot more than a bug fix. Some of the features look really cool. For detailed work, the zooming/rotating/moving tools are amazing. Watching them in action almost makes me reach for the credit card...
That rotating canvas feature would have been so helpful when I made money off of doing artwork years ago. From what I've seen on Adobe's website videos, it looks like a nice upgrade. The high upgrade prices and the convoluted way Adobe has long time users install the app has gradually pushed me towards other software. I'm put off by the 20-30+ character serial #s of some software, especially when they combine letters that look like numbers. That said, I still look...
My iPod touch Wi-Fi performs quite a bit faster than my Wife's iPhone when connected to the same wireless network. It's pretty snappy. I'm going to beg Jobs to allow the keyboard to flip sideways when the touch is rotated. Those with small fingers can keep doing what they're doing. Anyone with larger fingers than a petite woman needs space. That said, the correction feature saves my bacon 99% of the time. Here's an odd thing I've noticed. The game Asphalt 4 has...
Great summary there, smallbiz. Interestingly enough, that page you linked to has our firm profiled (Nelson Accounting). It's a couple years old and has since been reedited and chopped up a bit as Apple saw fit. It was really fun and educational and proved to be a good marketing and employment tool for us. We still get calls from all over the place from Accountants and Bookkeepers who've seen the profile and want to go all Mac and need a tip or two. If you ever get a chance...
Parallels is a breath of fresh air. It is robust and does what it does very well. It makes backing up a PC, sharing files, and printing a snap. Such a change from the VPC days. The new interface looks great.
Quickbooks... ahhh.. it's just numbers but they can't seem to figure out how to make it compatible across platforms let alone versions. I wouldn't expect 100%, but they aren't even close. So a medium sized accounting firm like ours has to suffer through PC and Mac versions that don't speak to each other. We strongly encourage all our clients to move to MYOB. We use an industrial accounting package not suitable for a smaller business but in order to keep up with clients...
Exactly. And have you seen young kids today? They don't appear to be cutting back any. We have a new generation of spenders that should make us look like pikers. That said, I eat at Apple's buffet as well. The iPod touch was too much to resist. I think Apple is going to reap the rewards of all these small business/corporate sales. These are repeat customers who buy dozens/hundreds/thousands of Macs at a time and upgrade frequently. And some are even resistant to economic...
You can't see how that might scare developers? I'm not a lawyer. I don't even play one on tv. What I want is for Apple to be wise with their discretion and not anti-competitive. One could argue they have already crossed the line. I can think of another company that has used similarly described tactics.
Apparently comprehension isn't a strong point for some. I think we all agree we don't want to download viruses and nigerian scams. Rather than reword my post to accommodate lower denominators, let me point a few to:http://daringfireball.net/