or Connect

Posts by bugsnw

It's even more impressive using inflation-adjusted numbers. It's mind-blowing when you factor in the much better technology at that adjusted price.
In theory, stock splits eventually settle and unless there are new growth prospects, the stock can languish at 1/7th the price before the split.   However, there is psychology at work here. It's why penny stocks attract so many people. They figure, stocks go up $s every day, imagine buying a stock for pennies! People who loosely follow Apple will think that $75/share is a bargain. They've seen $700 before and are probably thinking they will make 10X their money soon,...
App Store.....yes. I could watch the .99 cent movie of the week, Don Jon, and play Words With Friends simultaneously.
Ok, that ad was so good that Jobs' toes must have curled. Cool apps being used to create music and launch rockets....good grief. If I didn't have an iPhone and iPad already, I would have been on Apple.com before the commercial was through.   My son uses his iPad with music as well. He has his iPad propped up playing Jazz while he plays along on our Yamaha Clavinova (which is an impressive computer in its own right). Or he'll have a Youtube video showing a tune and he'll...
That's impressive, capsicum. Mind-blowing amount of data flowing through one or two cables. I was just thinking about this as I was helping my sister move. Comcast, DVD player, flat screen tv. Two HDMI cables. I can remember not long ago the component cable nightmare.   This thunderbolt stuff will come down in price. The cable pricing doesn't seem excessive to me, even now. Hell, I'm tickled every time I copy something to my 2 TB external drive which uses USB 3.   It...
 A single tear just ran down my cheek, like that Indian on his horse looking at the litter.
Suddenly Newton,   Exactly my thoughts. It's going to take a generation or so for higher education to catch up and update their curricula to the new and best way to do business. The world would be a far better place if all companies were like Apple. Make your products or services the best you can and the money will follow (assuming price and marketing and support are all given the same care).   If Samsung really pushed the envelope with new innovations and/or build...
Dvorak has been a veritable Schrödinger's cat throughout his career, cooped up in a box isolated from any outside influence of reality. His possible exposure to some sort of toxic experiment has created a quantum paradox where Dvorak is perpetually both writing and wronging at the same time, an uncertainty that must be seen to be believed.   I just saw this article and the above bit just blew my mind. Such great writing. Bravo!
I'm not an engineer so I'm just guessing, but these radio processors must be one of the main power hogs after the LCD and CPU. As someone alluded to above, it's likely one of the more expensive parts as well. In other words, there's a lot of motivation for Apple to take this in-house. Reductions in power consumption and cost would offset new innovations such as the sapphire glass.
The only thing Google hasn't tried to clone from Apple is Steve Jobs himself. Crap...I just gave them an idea........