or Connect

Posts by bugsnw

I'd love this feature. Here's hoping Apple also slides the storage up and 32 GB becomes the new minimum. A8/128 has a nice ring to it.
Here's a good example of why the Doxie is cool. I also have three different scanning apps on my iPhone/iPad but when I had to scan over 100 pages once, I immediately grasped the Doxie concept of quick convenience. That said, the mobile apps for scanning are quite impressive. Just more cumbersome for heavy loads.
I love my Doxie for quick jobs. Spring for the wireless option as hooking it up to your computer after scanning sort of ruins the convenience. I find mine does fine with receipts but often grabs 8.5x11 sheets a little wonky. They could address this by having the unit pause a tad longer before pulling your sheet, allowing you time to correct the straightness before it gets sucked in.
A guy drives up in his new Lexus. He graciously exits the car and a passerby says, "My Ford Focus gets me from point A to point B just like his car."   There is no point in trying to explain to that guy why anyone would drive a Lexus.
Always someone to poo-poo the cameras that consumers actually love and use. It's not a dumbing down. The vast majority of people can't tell the difference between a pro shot and a good pic with an iPhone 5S.   I do understand the technical debate and that's something many of us enjoy. But I always stop short of saying iTunes sucks and will never be successful because it isn't some wildly huge, complicated file type. Or, like I've heard many photographers say, digital...
To me, the new Wii U controller looks huge and plasticky. The games look pretty good from what I've seen so far. But the only reason my son plays the Wii instead of the PS3 is due to the Mario games. That seems to be Nintendo's ace in the hole. I agree that N could do pretty well to port that fat plumber over to iOS.
 I can't help but think the same. Wireless is so fast these days. And the cable and port are miniscule. ;-)
 It doesn't. It's just conversation.
I agree with above. SJ would never take on debt. But it's smart, financially. It pleases wall street to see Apple make financially astute maneuvers.   I don't understand the demand for the bonds. Interest rates are not going down (bond prices are inversely related to interest rates; rates go up, bond prices fall. Longer bonds fall harder).   We may hang with low rates for a while longer but rates are undoubtedly going up. Holders of 30 year bonds are going to be...
It's even more impressive using inflation-adjusted numbers. It's mind-blowing when you factor in the much better technology at that adjusted price.