or Connect

Posts by bugsnw

I have .mac, aol, and gmail accounts and this bug drives me nuts. I'm shocked that Apple has taken this long to fix this as it probably affects 10s of millions of users daily.   Mavericks is great, but Apple really needs to work on polish. Even things like their video: A Story 30 Years and One Day in the Making. The two paragraphs under the title are a clumsy read. I miss the sharp writing of SJ.   Hey, does anyone else enjoy the mouse cursor disappearing while...
I was at Walmart trying to get Straighttalk to work with my new, unlocked iPhone 5S and saw a whole shelf of Android phones just sitting there. I picked each of them up and felt them in my hand. Other than the cheap plasticky feel, I thought they were onto something with the larger sizes. My iPhone suddenly felt pretty tiny. If Apple introduces a new size, they should stick to something just under 5" as that was about as big a phone I'd want to hold in one hand. The...
Amen, tallest skil. Add to that quirky interface list Handbrake, Gimp and PDFPro. I tolerate the 3rd but wish they'd consult someone to clean up their GI.
Apple must be hiding some new innovation or something. I can't figure out why they aren't working with Intel to make their chips. They need top quality at obscene volume and it'd be assuring to have the 800 lb gorilla in your corner. So I wonder....does TSMC have something cool cooking in their fabs?   Also, I love those pics of the wafers with the zillions of colors and transistors. Why aren't these things square? Seems like a lot of waste at the edges.....
When people look back a decade or two from now, it will be clear that Microsoft was left behind as the world moved towards mobile computing. The Ballmer era will be a time when Microsoft floundered from a lack of vision. Googling Ballmer will bring up the video of him laughing at the iPhone introduction.   That Ballmer keeps referring to Apple's engineering innovations as 'fashion' tells me he still doesn't get it.   When I see the oddly-named and butt ugly Xbox One, I...
I bought a nicely configured iMac a few weeks ago and have noticed the keyboard stops responding from time to time. The mouse and trackpad (wireless in my case) continue to function fine. The workaround until an OS update is to unplug the keyboard's USB cabe and then plug it back in.
Great article. For a longer version from a different author, a great read is Insanely Great, by Steven Levy. Lots of pictures and descriptions of the various interface innovations that separated Apple from Xerox.   One comment on predictions: I find it amusing to attribute ideas to particular people. Who hasn't thought of a tablet computer or time machine or Starship Enterprises or robots or...... you get the point.   Interesting thing about the tablet....it's...
Wow...amazing quarter considering the lack of new hardware....or even the rumors of significant new hardware around the corner. Add in new iPhones, new iPads, updated iPad mini and iMacs and Mavericks and iOS 7 and things are looking great.
I thought the article was entertaining and informative. The entertaining part is DED's bias. It doesn't bother me. Some of his best articles on his website were attacks on other journalists who besmirched his beloved Apple.   I was one of those who bought into the story that Jobs didn't want 3rd party Apps on the iPhone. Simply from reading a few articles. Even though I questioned it because it's such a bone-headed move from someone I consider a great visionary, I...
Awesome......thicker fonts. My eyes are glad. If Apple is listening...   Using the Maps app to navigate in the car needs refinement. My Garmin seems to know the more travelled route. It also offers two announcements. One when the next step is indicated and one right before you are to take that next step. The Maps app announces the next step as per usual. But when it comes time to alert you when to take that step, it occurs too late. Unless you are really paying...