or Connect

Posts by bugsnw

That was fascinating. I thought shareholders owned the company and the directors were, indeed, agents of the shareholders. I stand corrected.
I'm surprised Obama and team haven't looked more at this potential source of new revenue. Section 531 of the IRS code calls for a 15% tax on excessive retained earnings. At least that's how I read it. It just hasn't been enforced aggressively.   I imagine the debate would then move on to what is excessive. Either way, holding excess cash from earnings does slow economic growth.   This is part of the damage that occurs when corporations and individuals are in a...
Nothing speaks louder than a great product. Amp up the iPad mini and make sure the next iPhone and iPads are impressive upgrades and the stock will rise along with sales.
It seems like there's enough glass to work with to get a larger viewable area. Keep shrinking those bezels, Apple. If we can tap some of the incredibly small target areas of the UI (chevrons and one-letter web site links on the bookmarks bar in Safari), we can certainly hit a smaller home button.   The U.S. is aging. I love the iPhone. I'd love a slightly larger one that's easier to type on and read. I don't care about one or two hands. I do this thing called...
They are fast and easy to use. We have several in our office and they save tons of paper, filing time and storage space.
  Let's try that again. Quote is a nice feature. ;-)   Amen - hit it on the nose.
I had such a great time reading the 'Classic' Apple books back in the day (my favorite being Steve Jobs, The Journey is the Reward), I will force myself to watch any movie or documentary that covers Apple and/or Steve Jobs. Yes, even if that means I have to sit through a few hours with Ashton. Could they have picked a worse actor? What was wrong with Noah Wyle?   I also get a kick out of Woz. From what I've read, it seemed as though he was a true computer nerd. A...
The trackpad took me a long time to get used to. I actually adapted quicker to that little rubber pencil eraser tip on an IBM Thinkpad.   Now I can't imagine using anything else. I find myself using my trackpad on my desktop more than the mouse.   It's ironic that Apple clung to a one-button mouse for years and then would later introduce trackpads with quite a few swiping and gesture controls.
  I've been a Mac owner since the 1st one in 1984. The iMac G5s were not Apple's shining moment. Luckily, when we upgraded, we were saddled with only a few of those hot, temperamental machines. Remember those loud fans? And the bulging capacitors. And the freezing from the extreme heat generated. And the wonky, vibrating superdrive.   That was my one machine that failed utterly and completely. One day, went to the office, hit the power button, and sat there in disbelief....
Apple has come down in prices for BTO upgrades over the years. Yes, it used to be WORSE than now! Maybe they will nudge down further over time, which would be a good thing. As others have cautioned, however, make sure you are comparing apples to apples. Apple uses high quality RAM and they will ask you if you replaced/upgraded/installed more ram when you call them to diagnose a wonky machine. Often, it's the cheap ram that's the culprit.   I hear people complaining,...