or Connect

Posts by bugsnw

Realizing iOS 7 is still in beta, but I hope Apple puts Voice Memo on the Control Center panel. I would think Notes would be on there as well. A super quick way to capture pixels (as in photos and videos) and sound and notes.   Very handy. Or give me a space or two for the App of my choice.   I remember Steve Jobs demoing the Lips within NeXT's email application. You clicked on the lips and recorded your message. It was popped right into the email and all the...
Every now and then I'll play around on an Android device just to see what the grass is like on the other side. What strikes me is how ugly the icons are and how jittery the scrolling is.   I love how Apple draws me in. I feel like I'm manipulating things under my finger. I'm completely sucked into their world.   I find iOS 7 bold and inviting. Except the light font. I have to wait and see how it actually looks in its finished form on my own iPhone and iPad.
I'm concerned about a thin, lightly colored font against similarly colored backgrounds with no shadows or contrast or other relief. I'm hoping it's more readable than what I've seen. I can't make that judgment until the thing is in my hands and I have some time with it.   The icons don't bother me at all. I'm trying to figure out why people are going ballistic about the Safari icon. It looks pretty snazzy to me.   I've read many posts and can agree on some basic...
  Yeah, interesting point. Their website is a strange dichotomy. Lots of white space, so that works with the new, modern iOS 7. But then there's that glossy, static title bar on top that hangs on to the past.   I bet they modernize their layout. Everything else is getting a refresh. Their portal to our wallets might as well join the party.
Everyone did a great job, but Craig stole the show. I like that TC understands where his talents lie and lets others shine where they shine best.   Definitely more relaxed as I think TC's management style is more forgiving than Jobs'.   I love colorful language but I don't think they should be that loose as to curse during a keynote. Schiller is typically fun to watch. I'll forgive him this one time. The Mac Pro is pretty cool.
It looks strange. Can't say I like the tower of babel look better than the flat. Could have called this Airport Extruded. It does look tipsy. My Apple TV slides all over when all the cables are plugged into it. They literally wag the dog. This seems to continue the tradition. Nothing that a little velcro won't solve but still.   So software is going flat while hardware is going more 3D.
Apple blew me away with iOS 7. Much much more than I expected as far as the look and function of the OS. Can't wait to see a feature upgrade list as we were fed mere morsels today.   This was a much needed overhaul, in my opinion. Very colorful and that parallax feature was interesting. Very colorful and yet, I'd have to say, Ive sure loves white. I'm hoping to see more contrast upon actual use. It has to be in there somewhere!   Craig Federighi was incredible....
My Apple TV blipped and at one point, there was Greg....the next, this black cylinder. I saw Schiller and knew it was probably the new Mac Pro. Really threw me off.   Looked pretty darn cool to me. Lots of acronyms. Has to be faster than anything out there.   No matter what Apple does, or how much faster the next iteration might be, there will always be complainers. They simply cannot move on from thinking they need to modify everything.   Technology is...
He's good at telling a credible story. Those sound like Steve Jobs' words and tactics. One of my favorite books on Jobs is The Journey is the Reward and is chock full of such stories of early Jobs and Apple. If I remember correctly, Jobs figured everyone loves Apples. And it came before Atari in the phonebook. Mystically, Apple's grew on the tree of knowledge in the garden of eden. I guess a lot of people would condemn Jobs' style, but I think he used it with great...
I love using the Starbucks card within Apple's Passbook feature. It's a prepaid virtual card. I load up $100 and it knows when I'm near a Starbucks and creates a banner to tap. All I do to pay is hold up the barcode to be read from the reader near the cash register. I give up privacy for bonuses like free Apps and food and drinks. Plus it's quick and easy. Reloading the 'card' is only a few taps away as well, something I've found drains my bank account quickly. In the...