or Connect

Posts by tuckeby

Hey Dutch, did as you said and Apple are taking the computer back and sending me a new one... However, the saga also continues... I left the machine for a few hours today swtiched off and when I came back couldn't switch it on. I tried several times and eventually was greated with the infamous coloured lines half way across my screen. Did various restarts and no luck. Eventually found on a forum how to reset the pram and also how by holding down the on button the computer...
My two-day-old macbook is making a high pitched whine from the left hand side of the keyboard. The whine occurs when I leave the computer idle for a couple of seconds and then disappears when I type or open an application or document. If I leave the computer for a little while longer the whine also goes, as though the CPUs are going into some semi-sleep mode. Its really annoying when I'm working on MS Word. I'll be typing away and then pause for thought. The whine will...
Thanks for the info! It's a big, big help!
Hey all. About to get a Macbook and have a question, which I suspect you'll all find a bit simple... I currently have an external USB floppy disk drive for a PC laptop and understand that this will easily work with a Macbook. My question is: are floppy disks formatted the same way for PCs and for Macs? I'm hoping to shift basic Word documents between MS Office for Mac and MS Office for Windows using a floppy disk (networking and USB key drives are not options). Will...