or Connect

Posts by Ketracel

[quote]Originally posted by Telomar: It goes without saying that just because PC motherboard manufacturers are producing something it doesn't really mean anything. DDR-400 won't be really appearing until around first half 2003. AMD only plans support for DDR-333 at the release of its hammers. There are a variety of options Apple can take depending on how much they want to spend on development and what they are aiming to do. My expectation would be Apple would...
[quote]Originally posted by Capt. Obvious: You got THAT right: massive changes amounting to nothing would slap into place the final bricks in the wall around the 'Mac ghetto'. But I expect we're looking at a bigger release rather than smaller, and I expect the new PMs will ship mid-Sept. w/ Jaguar installed. I'll be expecting the first one @ my house!
Possibly but everyone says this leading up to every show an Apple...
In a way i hope Apple doesn't ship a new board in July. PC boards coming out next month will have DDR400 support, Serial ATA (some up to 12 connectors) and USB 2.0. If Apple ship a new board in July it will likely not have these features and it may be a long long time untill a new board ships with such components. Perhaps Jan next year would be a better time for a new board. That way Apple have plently of time to implement the said features.
I speculate : G4 speed bump in July and no mobo revision (hmm maybe ATA100). Mac OS X 10.2 Jan 2003-IBM PPC, Multicore, Rapid I/O, CoreConnect, SIMD Engine. (Perhaps not named G5). Completely new mobo, Rapid I/O, PCI-X, DDR. Motorola may only supply G4's for the ibook, imac products. Ketracel
What are the contributing factors involved to place a drug in the illicit category anywayz? Ketracel
Eugene-----> i don't think anyone has picked up on your collusive hidden message hahaha we like bold letters haha
Yeah the major shift here is Apple seems far to concerned with wasting resources developing free consumer software to apease miss and mr imac user. Really the big news here was iPhoto and iMac's....woopdy ferkin doo. The user experience is a valid point, but it seems no longer worth the sacrafice. Im the last one to say this but Apple has lost it. I witnessed countless mac fans sell up in favor of AMD systems after Mac World NY failed to deliver. MWSF has also failed...
Yeah the major shift here is Apple seems far to concerned with wasting resources developing free consumer software to apease miss and mr imac user. Really the big news here was iPhoto and iMac's....woopdy ferkin doo. The user experience is a valid point, but it seems no longer worth the sacrafice. Im the last one to say this but Apple has lost it. I witnessed countless mac fans sell up in favor of AMD systems after Mac World NY failed to deliver. MWSF has also failed...
Well if this is the best Apple can offer i too think its time to sell up all my powermacs and setup some dual Athlon machines running Avid DV xpress. The line between a nicer OS on slow machines compared to a less than ideal OS on MUCH faster machines must be drawn here. Athlons running Pro Tools run 3x more proccessing plugins in realtime compared to the fastest Mac's, Athlon machines render nearly 3x faster video in Avid DV Xpress. A sad day for Apple's power...