or Connect

Posts by Gm7Cadd9

Subject: Fire. "Dear Sir stroke Madam, I am writing to inform you of a fire which has broken out at the premises of..."     no, that's too formal.       "Dear Sir stroke Madam. Fire, exclamation mark. Fire, exclamation mark. Help me, exclamation mark. 123 Carrendon Road. Looking forward to hearing from you. All the best, Maurice Moss."
The "Coal" plant in that image is a Nuclear power plant, and the massive amounts of "smoke" going into the air? That's water vapor.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vDI-a...4PxS_w&index=2 I've always felt Howard Roark to be Steve Jobs.
I attended a small tech symposium last week that Apple spoke at. Small room, maybe 50 people. They were doing pretty much the same demo I saw at NAB this year. Anyhow, they wanted to show off the Pegasus Promise RAID (thunderbolt). During setup I saw they had mad issues connecting to the projector AND the promise RAID. It was Thunderbolt out of the MacBook Pro, to Thunderbolt in on the Promise RAID, and Thunderbolt out, to a MiniDisplayPort to DVI adapter. Needless to...
Limited to firewire, or AJA/Blackmagic controls. I am sure those 3rd party tools will eventually become more robust, but I don't like the spreading of misinformation. Our workflow relies on tape decks, not a DV camcorder. We need machine control from the edit bay to the machine room. Furthermore we sometimes layoff to tape. THIS is what we need to see from the "log and capture" window that doesn't exist anymore. Look, I am a huge Apple fan, shareholder,...
Lion hasn't shipped yet, and they posted the info on how to upgrade. About 4 people on this board have all assumed I haven't read the PDF document. I think most people are missing the point. Apple posted the Lion upgrade info prior to shipping Lion. Apple released FCP X with no documentation or even a hint other than what people logically ASSUME will happen (which is something similar to the Lion PDF). I am sure it's safe to assume there will be a path outside of...
I think that's a little uncalled for. I am not saying it CAN'T be done, I am talking about what SHOULD be done. You didn't address my bit about paying with a PO, in your scenario I am still charging all of this to a credit card. Not to mention, maintaining a database, even if it's just a spreadsheet is excess work. I do maintain a filemaker database with serial numbers and their associated computers for some software (usually just plugins). Adding FCP X to this database...
I think a lot of you guys don't get the enterprise world. Just because something works doesn't mean it passes audit! I know you can use the same AppleID on all computers, but according the license you can't do that for a business. Each bay has an individual copy. $299 per bay is still cheap compared to what we pay for Media Composer, but even so... managing this is crazy. We can't just give out the AppleID, and then change the password, all app updates are through...
I don't mind buying individual licenses for each edit bay I have, what I do mind is having to manage AppleID's for each bay. Let me buy a volume license! Everyone so far is saying: you can install it on any computer with the app store signed in to your account. This is all well and good for the guy who has a laptop and desktop at his home who freelances as an editor... but what about production companies, edit houses that are FCP based? No roadmap? Not even on launch?
probably the wrong crowd to be asking. But did anyone read Atlas Shrugged? It was the Rearden Steel that forged new train tracks that allowed trains (built by Taggart Transcontinental) to travel much faster. All of the other Steel companies and railways got pissed and demanded government intervention. They limited the production of Rearden steel, and they also imposed a law that said that trains traveling on Rearden Steel must go the same speed as all other trains......