or Connect

Posts by Flounder

I most certainly said no such thing, and frankly, I am offended that you have intimated that I have such views. Please point out to me where I said that. I said given that the company had chosen the path of Xenocide, the ringleader of it would make damn sure any deserters in his security force would have been thrown in the brig, and at the very least would not be allowed anywhere near other sympathizers. This fact certainly strengthens my argument, but I certainly have...
But that is what her job became, and Parker acquiesced to that becoming securities job. Quartich is in charge of security, ergo he was in charge of Trudy. That character would have thrown her into the brig with the others without even giving it a second thought. The only person who could even think about overruling him is Parker, and Parker sure as hell wasn't overruling anything Quartich wanted to do at that point.Corporate security, run by ex-military when THE ONLY...
I'd like to note that you are operating under a ridiculously constrained definition of the word "war."It doesn't take governments for their to be war. What we had was an armed conflict between two groups. That is a freakin war.To posit that this corporation was simply treating it as some sort of corporate maneuver and that is wasn't also war is ridiculous.What? That is PRECISELY what she was employed to do. Provide security and disperse the natives if they won't...
In a word, Yes. It was not a 'civilian' job in any normal sense. Sully et al. were not in some typical prison. There was no government present! Only the corporation. Thus, the corporation is the de facto government and ONLY source of authority. This seems to be our fundamental disconnect.Once Parker gave Quaritch the go ahead, he was in charge of the whole she-bang. We don't even see Parker after that. It was deserting a post during wartime because Quaritch had...
That is the temp magnesium burns at, but that is not the temp needed to ignite it. For example, they use magnesium in fireworks and flares. For another example, I lit magnesium on fire in high school chemistry class (it was 14 years ago but I still remember!). It comes it little strips, and magnesium naturally forms a thin layer of oxide on its exterior (which is why it doesn't spontaneously combust). You put that little strip of magnesium in the flame of a bunsen...
I imagine any magnesium laptop is an alloy of some sort not subject to combustion. Any maker of a magnesium based laptop would subject themselves to huge liability otherwise. I assume HP is not THAT stupid. I would imagine the HP laptops referred are probably a magnesium / aluminum alloy.No one makes a laptop that could cause a "massive hot fire" with a few scrapings from the case and match.
I'm not a tablet head, I just like to annoy you. 4 days, 1 hour, 33 minutes
4 days, 3 hours, 41 minutes
No, I'm sorry, you're wrong. I've heard it said many times. In fact, I have been given the request "pick up some pads at the store."Trust me, I didn't come back with paper.They may very well be able to (if that is in fact the name). I am simply noting that the word 'pad' in the US, by itself, currently dominantly evokes a maxi pad.
To annoy Ireland a little, we now have 4 days, 19 hours, 45 minutes to go.