or Connect

Posts by Lorre

Thanks for the suggestions, DropBox is definitely a must anyhow. I was thinking about the photostream, but it looks pretty lame to me. Looks like it's just a huge list of all your most recently uploaded photos. Or am I wrong? Apple should've just made something that syncs your iPhoto Events to iCloud and then makes that content seamlessly accesible on demand from the iPad, with the option to create new events from the iPad without having to have every single picture...
Hey guys, My younger brother is soon moving out of the elderly house, and he will take the iMac with him. Since my mother loves the 16GB iPad2 I bought her half a year ago so much, she's considering going for a PC-free digital life, and using the iPad for everything. I kinda see how all of this could work, except for one thing: What would be the best, most streamlined way to store and manage her holiday snapshots? She currently has everything stored in iPhoto (an...
So only software updates for the nano and the touch. The Shuffle and the classic continue to be sold without changes. And only the nano gets a (way too small imo) price drop. Apple's profit margins on iPods must go THROUGH THE ROOF! In 10 months the iPod Touch will be ancient technology and they'll still sell it at the same price points... wow! I think this is Tim Cook's signature we're seeing here. Jobs was all about innovative products, and then Cook had to make sure...
I doubt it. Steve Jobs doesn't work at Apple anymore. he's still a member of the board, but that's it. If anything, Apple would be better off if they don't feature Jobs on the Keynote at all, just to prove once and for all that the company does need Steve to churn out amazing revolutionary products. (but we already know that of course) I expect that Tim Cook will open the presentation saying everyone at Apple wishes Steve all the best, but that's it. Other than that...
Well, these kind of numbers are always completely biased. Customer interest surveys never work. Why? Because they only measure the buying intents of people that can actually be bothered to participate in these kinds of surveys. - This is only a small subset of the entire consumer population - It's very likely that "what you want to buy" and "wether or not you participate in these surveys" are not completely independent variables. So these surveys will never be...
And why would x2.5 not offer the same compatibility advantage? As long as the physical size of the screen stays the same, and the OS handles the necessary scaling, I don't see why it would HAVE to be x2. For me, any increase in resolution is welcome. The iPad2 is an amazing device, and iOS5 will make it even more amazing, but in apps where precision is important you can't help but notice the pixels on the screen. It's a tiny bit annoying knowing the iPhone 4 has such a...
Ehm... I don't understand what you're saying. I think we might be in violent agreement here. Because Mac OSX DOESN'T have resolution independence, more pixels means more screen real estate. I can fit just as much stuff on a new 17" MBP's screen as I can on a discontinued 24" iMac, because they have the exact same resolution. You can fit two full size browser windows or two word documents next to each other on both screens, everything will just look much smaller on the 17"....
Exactly. Come to think of it... People often complain about iOS not having a file system. I always disagree because file systems are very archaic, pointless to the end user and just suck major balls. Now, what if all iOS apps can save data to the iCloud service? iOS won't even need a file system, all documents, pictures, songs are stored in the cloud and accessible by all apps, both on iOS and OSX. Sounds like a very Apple way to do things imo.
So what would qualify as a REAL change then? The holomac that projects the entire UI holographically? Macs migrating to ARM processors? Apple launching their own line of apparel? I myself am very excited to see what iOS5 will bring.
Looks like Apple was being a bit conservative in my order. It shipped today. Expected delivery: June 8th... I guess they're being a bit conservative once again Can't wait until it arrives. It'll be the perfect internet-device for my mom, and of course a great opportunity for me as well to get my feet wet in this iOS world. It's not quite there yet for my personal use, but I can't wait to see what iOS5 will bring!