or Connect

Posts by bedouin

If by take better care of your stuff you mean never use it, I guess you might have a point.
My cream leather cover is falling apart and looks like hell. Not sure of I'm going to buy another smart cover.
What happens when an iOS device is no longer updated, but an app developer releases an incompatible update in the future? Will one somehow be able to download the last working version with that OS, or will they just be screwed? That already happened to me on the Mac App Store, where an app all of a sudden became 64-bit only.
The iOS mail app itself is very limited, and Apple won't give developers access to enough APIs to make a better one. Junk mail filtering should at least be an option . . . Whether things are 'working' as intended or not, the amount of confusion associated with iCloud and its predecessors is a testament to some bad decision making.
That's weird, I can use either my @me.com or @mac.com interchangeably. They are the same account. I can login to iTunes with either.Not that it really matters, but the aliases were definitely there in the .Mac days, since most of mine originate from that era. They probably weren't there in the iTools phase (amusing, iOS' autocorrect still fixes the capitalization for iTools). Apple's on-line offerings have been rebranded over the years to create a sense of progression....
I didn't know about this. Sort of glad they didn't, since Apple probably wouldn't continue developing the most awesome usenet client on any platform: Unison.
Do not read this topic if you're dozing off, you will become incredibly confused Something unique happened to me in the transition. Please try to bear with me. I signed up for iTools years ago; that created the @mac.com address I currently use. Then .Mac arrived and iTools transformed into a paid service, and I jumped ship. Despite not having access to it anymore I continued to use my @mac.com address as an Apple ID, most notably for iChat/AIM. A year or two...
Yes, because I'm enduring it right now. My 2TB LaCie doesn't have two FireWire 400 ports on the back that would let me chain it to my camcorder, just a 400 and 800. Currently I'm on my first generation MacBook that only has one FireWire 400 port. Adapter wizardry could solve this, but in Egypt it's not always a simple drive to the Apple store for these things. Still, that's nothing compared to the bottleneck on my USB 1.1 G3 iMac and its 1TB external drive.
Would be amusing if traffic from today's updates crippled the entire Internet
Been sitting here watching my 100+ apps restore, wishing that iDevices still had Firewire because it's been like an hour.