or Connect

Posts by bedouin

$9.99? Yeah, thanks but no thanks. Other companies came to the PDF creation party earlier and charged less.
Bump. I'd read much more often if the forum was available through Tapatalk.
I would pay $99 for a TouchPad just out of curiosity, and I own an iPad. The thing piqued my interest despite bombing and still sort of does. A hacking scene will likely develop around them once geeks pick them up for pennies. Could be interesting from a hobbiest perspective.
Speaking of overvalued companies, does Google make any profit? Totally ignorant question here. It just seems like their whole existence is one big spending spree and after paying their employees and other overhead, I don't see what they could have left. Is ad revenue really that amazing? Their search engine is slowly becoming the spam ridden ghetto that Yahoo was in the late 90s, and the simple layout that made them likable has been long gone. Apple tends to do a few...
A big problem with the Touchpad is that its future is uncertain. Even if you're like me and think it's kind of cool, no one wants to end up with a product with no software, accessories, or even basic security updates. Accessories are another huge factor. With all these Droid tablets there's no single form factor to target when designing certain products, like say this.
Maybe he sees prototypes all the time, realized that this was a four year old machine, and simply didn't care enough to be bothered? It's just reaffirming that it's a genuine prototype.Again, you're assuming he gave a damn.
If you want to spot someone with an IQ lower than 100, look for Beats by Dre headphones.
I got a few free download cards from my dad who got them in some sort of Wal-Mart promotion. By that time I believe they switched to MP3; the problem was the selection. Have any of you ever browsed he Wal-Mart music aisle? Their MP3 was like a tit for tat on-line take, complete with clean only versions of songs and some insanely incorrect genre classifications (think Ace of Base stuck in the Hip-Hop section type mistakes). Back to the cards -- I spent probably an hour...
My walls are concrete with steel beams. I had to use a repeater just reach the front rooms. Even cell phones get zero bars in my place
Out of the 3 operating systems I'm obviousy in the iOS camp, but I'm slightly interested in the future of WebOS. Android reminds me of too many other half-assed Linux solutions and the fragmentation just makes it look like a series of cheap iPad knock-offs (which they essentially are). WebOS has a history behind it as a touch based OS. HP is trying some new things; I welcome it really.