or Connect

Posts by auxio

The main difference between Wintel vs Apple and Android vs Apple is that people actually paid good money for those Wintel boxes 20 years ago (less than a Mac on average, but still good money).  So they would typically be willing/able to pay decent money for software to make use of them.  Thus they were able to influence developers to make decent software for Wintel boxes.  Once Wintel had good applications available for it (often exclusively), it created a snowball effect...
 I'd be willing to bet that, for every case where a legal team is actually defending a valid invention in the tech industry, there are 100 cases where a legal team is convincing a patent troll company (or other bottom feeders) that they should go after other companies just so that they can get a nice payday.  Which, in turn, necessitates the need for relevant tech companies to have a legal team on staff.  How again is this a benefit to society?
If the legal profession was valued in terms of how many world-changing and life-improving ideas the people working within it have come up with, it'd be a penny stock.
 From my experience, most of the people who pick an Android phone over an iPhone fall into these categories: Want the cheapest handset possible.  Apple is never going to win these people over, and really, why should they bother?  There is no profit margin for hardware on the low end, and these people are likely never going to spend enough on content to make it worthwhile to sell at a loss to win them over anyways. The tech crowd that wants to tinker with their devices...
 That data likely comes from the low-end Android phone users -- the ones who chose the $0 Android phone (purely because of price) and would likely choose a feature phone if it was cheaper in some way.  They really don't care what type of phone they get, just as long as they can use it for talk and text. What would be more interesting is if you compared the high-end Android phone users to iPhone users.  Do they spend as much on apps and use the web just as much?  I'm...
 I didn't say it was embarrassing for anyone.  It just doesn't make for a great title of a sporting event is all.
Yeah, I get that, but it sounds like they'll be playing golf in a landfill or something.  Couldn't they have just called it the WM Open?
 That can't seriously be the name of this event...
 And how many exploits will never be fixed because the device owners can't get the fixes for one reason or another (the OEM won't supply the update and/or Google stopped supporting their version of Android).  Sometimes it can take a while to make the right fix -- you need to pinpoint where it needs to be made (possibly multiple locations to cover all cases) and then regression test everything to make sure it doesn't break compatibility with everything that's using that...
Yeah, I'd be happier with Apple paying the cost of the manufacturing error to their technical support staff than to a team of lawyers.  Also looks a lot better in the eyes of customers.