or Connect

Posts by auxio

Maybe he/she works for a cable TV company.  In which case, if/when they lose their job due to people finding ways to steal cable, it will affect them and their family. Look, I'm a cord-cutter too.  However, I do pay for the shows I watch in other ways (a la carte, Netflix, etc).  It's fine if you don't want to pay for cable because you don't like their terms of service, but it's theft if you still watch the shows and don't pay via other means.  Unless they are broadcast...
 That's good to know.  Now consider that a whole bunch of people have found a way to get out of paying you for whatever you create/do (based on whatever terms of sale or service you set).  That's exactly what you're doing with internet/cable service.
 It is based on their terms of service.  One connection per household -- is that so hard to grasp? I _get_ the fact that you're trying to "stick it to the man" and don't believe in anything.  However, the law will not agree with you if/when the time comes to defend your position. On a side note: if you take that position, then you shouldn't expect other people to pay for anything you create/provide if/when you actually decide to contribute something to society.  Everyone...
 I honestly think that the vast majority of people just aren't aware that what they're doing is illegal because it's so easy to do nowadays (and no one bothers to read the terms of service).
 Even though I'm no fan of the cable companies, I have to agree with sog35 here. Using a friend's WiFi is not the same as sharing an online cable account.  Let me clarify the scenario a bit: When you get a wireless router from your ISP, they give you permission to share your internet connection with any number of devices in the same household.  The same goes for your cable TV package: you are allowed to watch cable on any number of TVs/devices in the same household. The...
 Think of it this way: say it takes those Minis an hour to run a 60 minute chunk of hi-res audio (24bit, 192kHz) through a given effects processing chain in Pro Tools.  Then processing that same audio on an iMac might take roughly 30 minutes.  And I'm thinking around 10 minutes on a Mac Pro (maybe closer to 5 if Pro Tools is optimized to take full advantage of the hardware). Assuming you could get enough audio engineering contracts to fill the time of all 3 of those...
 The Mini has never been designed to serve as a workstation.  Workstation being defined as a machine where you create products/deliver services which can be be sold for profit or exchanged for wages. Generally, the higher cost to get a workstation-class machine is greatly offset by the fact that you can create products/deliver services faster and/or more cheaply.  Thus generating more far more profit/income over the lifetime of the machine.  If that's the case for you,...
 The code in a beta release is likely built for debugging, not speed or optimized memory usage (the -O flags for those who know compilers).  So I wouldn't use it as an indicator of what the final release will be like.
 Sounds like he's a perfect fit for Android.
 Right.  But the secondary discussion about Bootcamp vs VMs came about because of this question you posed in post #7:  melgross mentioned getting the full power of the graphics card in Bootcamp as being one reason (post #14).  You thought that was only necessary for gamers (post #17), and I was pointing out why people other than gamers might require Bootcamp too. Anyways, Apple has never really held back on new hardware simply for compatibility reasons.  So I can't imagine...