or Connect

Posts by auxio

Anyone suggesting Vegas for WWDC clearly doesn't know Apple.  Only Federighi's hair would make sense in Vegas.
Sad that the inbreeding has gotten so bad they even copy each others' jokes.
 The initial set of Samsung's capacitive touchscreen phones which came out shortly after the iPhone were pretty much knockoffs.  It's only after losing a patent suit and a few more years to finally come up with their own designs, that they now wouldn't be considered as such.  This is mostly what Jony is referring to.
 So you don't know anyone who owns a Samsung phone?  Because all that money should go to Samsung's poor investors instead?  At least Jony actually puts in hours at a job creating things of value.
 Exactly.  I don't doubt that others would have created similar style phones in time, but whether that style of phone would have become as dominant as it has without having the blueprint of the iPhone (and iOS) is the point. As many have pointed out, the LG Prada may have looked like an iPhone, but it certainly didn't function like one.  Only those who don't pay attention to the details would see otherwise.
 Honest question: do you think the Galaxy S would look and function the same as it does now (i.e. no physical keyboard, full touchscreen, multitouch gestures, overall shape/style, etc) if the iPhone had never come out? I remember the first couple of years after the iPhone came out -- everyone insisting that people preferred physical keyboards, that it was too big, too fragile, the touchscreen got too dirty, etc, etc.  I remember walking into cell phone stores at the time...
The people who think it's about Son inventing the iPhone don't get it.  What this proves is that like-minded businessmen want to work with each other, and can accomplish great things together.   Steve didn't care about Son's guess/drawing, but what he did see was Son's potential as someone who is forward-thinking, and chose to work with him because of that.  While Steve knew Apple had a great phone in the works, he also knew that partnering with the right people (service...
 And it gets the usual people who believe they're above the rest to post things like this.  The cycle of analysis continues to roll along... What I found interesting is that, amidst the bombardment of Samsung advertising there was a single Apple commercial which ended up having more power because of that fact.
 I did post afterwards about the same autofill failure.  It's a bug, period.  The workaround is to either copy and paste the address information from Contacts to Calendar (not use autofill), or not bother with addresses in your Calendar events and use Contacts for the address when you need it.  Again, many ways from A to B. Sounds like iTunes is set to make a copy of all media files you add to it rather than referencing the original files.  So you were editing the metadata...
I just tested what you said by trying to create an appointment with my doctor using Calendar, and you're right, it put in the wrong address (wrong street).  What's weird is that, when it showed the mini-preview of the address in the search list as I was typing the doctor's name, it was correct (so it did pull the address from my contacts correctly).  It's only when I actually chose the item from the list that it filled in the wrong street name.  Very strange bug!