or Connect

Posts by auxio

Sounds like he's a perfect fit for Android.
 Right.  But the secondary discussion about Bootcamp vs VMs came about because of this question you posed in post #7:  melgross mentioned getting the full power of the graphics card in Bootcamp as being one reason (post #14).  You thought that was only necessary for gamers (post #17), and I was pointing out why people other than gamers might require Bootcamp too. Anyways, Apple has never really held back on new hardware simply for compatibility reasons.  So I can't imagine...
 There are a fair number of apps other than games these days which take advantage of the GPU (most modern web browsers, for example).  Using the GPU under emulation is still pretty quirky.
This article is a bit thin on facts.  Is there a link to see the original patent filing?  Or was it filed in China and they don't have an online patent database?   Historically, North American technology companies have had little luck trying to stop software piracy and patent abuse in China.  But when a Chinese company holds a patent, the courts there suddenly find a way to uphold patent law.  Funny how that works.   But anyways, if the patent does predate any patents...
 Either or.  If you're in range of weak Wi-Fi networks and it keeps trying to discover and connect to them, then that'll drain power.  Same goes for weak 3G/LTE networks.  Basically any time it needs to power up the antenna (cell/Wi-Fi/Bluetooth) and search for a signal/connect, it'll drain power.
 I'd rather have a USB charger pack than a spare battery because at least I can still use it when I get a new phone (and it works for other devices).  Bonus points for not having to duct tape my phone together after a couple of years because the battery slot has worn out.
 Or, if you're really a power user (my wife is, I'm not), you can just buy one of those one-hitter USB charger packs for your iPhone and turn off Bluetooth + Wi-Fi from the lock screen when you know you won't be using them.  Having your phone searching for nearby Wi-Fi networks all day is probably the single biggest power drain aside from the display.
 Sometimes people don't want to be disturbed by an incoming call which buzzes/rings for a while in their pocket unless they take action to silence it.  A text message is generally less invasive.
Samsung's strategy for products...  
 And people who drive cars supporting their lifestyle by paying for the road maintenance & pollution management, people who smoke or eat unhealthy food paying for the extra healthcare infrastructure they use, people who are heavy power users (A/C, computers, etc) paying for the extra infrastructure needed, etc. And yes, you can argue that you do pay more if you use more power (for example), but that generally doesn't cover the cost of building out the infrastructure (more...