or Connect

Posts by auxio

I did post afterwards about the same autofill failure.  It's a bug, period.  The workaround is to either copy and paste the address information from Contacts to Calendar (not use autofill), or not bother with addresses in your Calendar events and use Contacts for the address when you need it.  Again, many ways from A to B. Sounds like iTunes is set to make a copy of all media files you add to it rather than referencing the original files.  So you were editing the metadata...
I just tested what you said by trying to create an appointment with my doctor using Calendar, and you're right, it put in the wrong address (wrong street).  What's weird is that, when it showed the mini-preview of the address in the search list as I was typing the doctor's name, it was correct (so it did pull the address from my contacts correctly).  It's only when I actually chose the item from the list that it filled in the wrong street name.  Very strange bug!
 Well, I could go on a similar tirade based on the fact that Outlook is just sitting and spinning on the splash screen with the message "Loading Profile" on my PC right now.  I can't even create an appointment or contact until I wipe out and recreate my profile data.  This actually happens every few months, so I've gotten to know what to do.  Thankfully I don't rely on Outlook for much anymore. As for your issue, I agree that address autofill doesn't work too well on Mac....
 I use both iCloud for syncing personal contacts/calendars/email and Exchange for syncing work contacts/calendars/email, and everything works flawlessly for me. I remember having issues back when I manually managed syncing between my iPhone and my Macs (many duplicates of contacts, appointments, etc), and there were certainly a fair number of issues when I first started using iCloud (my wife and I couldn't get a shared calendar to work properly for the longest time), but...
 Apple knows they don't offer anything competitive to Microsoft on the server side, and I honestly believe they're just not interested in server-side for various reasons (margins are low, need to have support staff training programs, etc).  So yeah, no need to make any changes on the server side. However, because of iOS, Apple has put a ton of effort into making their client-side software work well with Exchange.  This has made it's way back to OS X in the past couple of...
 But the vast majority of people using Office aren't using the advanced features.  I'll give you Excel being far superior to Numbers, but not everyone works in finance.  Pages is just fine for what most people do with a word processor.  And Keynote is much better than Powerpoint.  And that's fine, use MS Exchange on the server side.  I agree, Apple doesn't do server-side well. However, on the client side, Mac Mail + Contacts + Calendar can interact with the Exchange server...
 The big problem is that the people buying and using Macs still only see the world painted PC.  Where you see the cost savings on Macs is when you stop using PC software and use Apple software. For example, people will get a Mac and then demand that MS Office is installed when, in many cases, they could switch to using iWork + Mac Mail + Calendar + Contacts (which integrate just fine with MS Exchange nowadays).  Or worse, they'll get a Mac and then just use MS Windows on...
 It's more fundamental than that: the entire concept of the stock market is based on investing in something with huge growth potential.  There's no value placed on a stable, successful company with huge profits (at least, not anymore).  All of the value is placed on growth potential. Which is great for startups, but not so great for established companies like Apple.  So I think it makes sense for them to just buy back the vast majority of the stock and avoid the...
 Absolutely.  The 1st gen still sees quite a bit of use in our home as well.  It's perfectly capable for plenty of the games my son plays, as a media controller, and has seen lots of use as a baby monitor (in conjunction with a webcam).  No regrets buying it whatsoever.
 Exactly the same as what I did. Bought the 1st gen right away because I work in tech, had already worked a lot with the iPhone, and wanted to explore the first real, usable tablet with a great SDK.  I already had a camera for FaceTime and whatnot on my iPhone, so the 2nd gen upgrades didn't matter too much to me.  However, the retina display on the 3rd gen enticed me to upgrade under the "his and hers" guise (it actually became my son's).  Love my 3rd gen iPad.