or Connect

Posts by auxio

I'm thinking that most people interested in purchasing the Edition would want to try it out first? But I guess there are plenty of people who either want to turn around and resell it at a profit, or don't have to think about dropping $10k+ on something they might not even like...
Yeah, I've been in those charging lineups at airports before.  I usually just carry a plug splitter with me to work around that problem because I find that, for iPads anyways, it's much faster to charge from the wall socket than a USB port (not all USB ports provide higher power).
Wait, so there's a power socket available to charge the MacBook, but not to charge the iPhone?
 And, in my reply, I stated that the MacBook is designed for consumer workflows and the MacBook Pro is designed for professional workflows.  Hence why the MacBook Pro is the machine you should be looking at. I mean, you wouldn't buy a consumer camera for a professional photoshoot, so why would you buy a consumer computer for professional work?
 Actually, they abandoned PowerPC because IBM's roadmap for PowerPC didn't take Apple where they wanted to go (low power G5 for laptops).  IBM lost interest for one reason or another and Apple was forced to move on. As for "power", that's getting into slippery territory.  A CPU is as good as the compiler that's optimizing code for it, how it uses caches, data transfer bus speeds, etc.  So it's not as simple as one architecture is better than another.
 Actually, they only require a compiler which knows how to turn high-level code (Swift, Objective-C, etc) into low-level ARM CPU instructions.  The high-level code can be exactly the same for both Intel and ARM and you just tell the compiler which CPU you want it to run on.  Or you can compile it for both CPUs, glue both versions together, and let the operating system figure out which version to run (i.e. universal binaries for those who remember the PowerPC-to-Intel...
You know that my iPhone syncs my photos via iCloud, right?  One would hope that they don't have to carry around a large digital SLR just to take random pictures for personal viewing.  Or pay for a built-in SD card reader they'll never use. A MacBook Pro fits the needs of a media professional (photographer, videographer, audio engineer, graphic designer, etc), a MacBook fits the needs of others.
 Aside from displays, everything else is within sight for going wireless.  Also remember that Apple is investing heavily in datacenters, which likely indicates they feel cloud storage is going to play an important part in this.
 Can you imagine what things would be like if all the DIY home computer builders back in the 1970s who couldn't fathom why you'd want to hardwire all of your computer components together (and thus limit expandability) had their way?  History just keeps on repeating... 
I think most of the complaints about lack of ports are from people who really can't actually see what's happening with externally connected devices.  Let's take a moment to think about this:   USB memory sticks: In most cases can be replaced by Dropbox or some other cloud-based file-hosting service (and email is fine for small files).  It's rare not to have decent internet access these days.  And media professionals who need to transfer large video/audio/image files will...