or Connect

Posts by auxio

I thought EAP might use SSL as one of the options, but I guess not.  It'd only be at the VPN layer (after the initial connection) where you'd see SSL being used.  Trying to figure out how they're able to crash a device with an SSL certification on connection then... guess I should read the technical details of the attack. EDIT: Actually, EAP-IKEv2 might be susceptible (not clear)
In this particular case, it's when connecting to a WiFi hotspot -- which is a hardware device.  Hence why Apple needs to have a fallback to SSL (it'll be a while before all hotspots are upgraded).
Yeah, that's the problem: if you want to be interoperable with most devices/servers out there, you need to keep it in as a fallback.  These types of things don't change overnight -- especially if they require firmware upgrades or new hardware.
I'll keep a WiFi jammer handy in case anyone tries this on me.   If I'm in a really bad mood, I'll harvest the hardware information about their hotspot, search for known vulnerabilities (almost all cheap hardware has them), and reconfigure their hotspot.  Then I'll use it to bombard NSA email accounts with terrorism-related text.   But anyways, definitely something Apple needs to fix.  Given all of the SSL-related exploits lately, it sounds like they should have people...
If true, I'll be hanging on to my 5 when I upgrade later this year for situations where I don't require a large phone.
 I've actually had the reverse experience with Xcode.  I've used it since the Project Builder days, and it was horrendous up until about version 3.2.  Version 4 was a rewrite, and so I found there were a fair number of bugs (plus code indexing was terrible).  After about version 5.2 it has been much better.  This is on a massive project with C++, Obj-C, and Obj-C++ code (plus a couple of smaller Obj-C projects which use C++ libraries). As for VS, everything just feels like...
 And why wouldn't they want to try and get watches in the hands of smaller app developers as well?  Who knows where the next killer app will come from.
Makes sense (though too bad I didn't get it).  Since supply seems to be very constrained, if developers can't get ahold of them, then it'll take longer for the app ecosystem to develop.
 My biggest annoyance with Xcode these days is the fact that it seems to lose CPU cores over time and the only way to get them back is restarting it.  However, it's leaps and bounds ahead of the vast majority of IDEs.  Visual Studio is the only one I've used that comes close, and even it (being more mature) isn't as easy to use when it comes to doing performance profiling.  Instruments (high level) + dtrace (low level) are best-in-class profiling tools imo.
Still wipes the floor with Android Studio