or Connect

Posts by auxio

Either that or they stopped making "contributions" to the local politicians.
 And I think that makes complete sense if both devices have identical specs aside from the form factor.  There's absolutely no need to artificially hinder the Mini's internal components in order to create cost separation between it and the Air.  Just keep the previous generation model around for those who want to save money.
 Because sometimes the device I happen to have in my hand is the one I choose to use.  Sometimes my iPhone is full of other stuff and doesn't have enough room for video.  Sometimes I don't want to have a call/message come in and mess up my video or distract me. Works for me in all those cases. Agreed.  But so is the Air. So then add a few features and charge a bit more for it so that it matches the profit margins of those devices.  I'm willing to pay more for it if it has...
Do you leave your house or do anything but type messages on a forum all day and not understand what happens in the real world? Maybe I'm standing on a bus and need to hold the pole.  Maybe I'm holding my son's hand so he doesn't run away. And I am taking videos in landscape mode.  Why is it so hard to understand that a wrist can turn in different directions?  As long as you're not covering the lens with your palm, you can shoot a video either way.
 And that's the thing.  I can get a very good grip on the edges of the iPad Mini with one hand -- I definitely don't feel like I'm going to drop it.  And I don't have exceptionally large hands either, though my wife certainly can't grip it that way. I've held the iPad Air in the Apple Store, and while the lighter weight (compared to my iPad 3) definitely helps, it still feels precarious holding it in one hand since I can't get the same grip on it.
It's the size for me, not the weight.  I can grip both sides (horizontally) with one hand on the Mini.  Not so with the full size iPad. This makes a difference in situations like taking pictures or video because I'm not accidentally touching the screen and triggering things.  Sure you can pinch the regular iPad along the bezel to hold it with one hand, but it always feels like it's going to slip out of my hand if I move too much while doing that.
 Not while typing, but just to hold it while watching a video or even taking a video, it's so much easier to handle than a full-sized iPad.  When I first got it (after using my iPad 3 for a couple of years), I was literally blown away with how much more I enjoyed carrying it around.
But the Mini can be used with one hand, whereas the Air can't.  That's a big factor for convenience when I'm out.  Neither the Mini nor the Air can fit in a pocket, so you need a bag in either case.  And I'm fairly certain that the 6+ screen wouldn't be big enough to watch an action movie or sporting event for me.
 I guess I'm from the generation that's used to watching movies on a large screen TV.  So, for me, the Mini is about as small as I want to go for watching movies on the go.  I don't understand how someone can really get into an action movie or sporting event on a phone-sized screen, but to each their own.
 I've never owned a device with TouchID, so I'm still very used to using a 4-digit code.  I've entered it so many times that I can literally do it subconsciously at this point.  Would it be more convenient to have TouchID?  Sure.  But $100 is steep premium for a few milliseconds of time saved.  Especially on a device that I don't use as often as my phone.  And I maybe buy something from the App Store or iTunes once every 4 or 5 days on average.  So again, $100 is a steep...