or Connect

Posts by auxio

The big problem for the average person is the apps they use.  There are plenty that don't work properly with the developer beta of El Capitan, and that likely won't be any different with the public betas.  So people need to understand that they shouldn't install the beta on a machine where they need to do day-to-day work.
 Moreover, it's not like needing to own and carry a gun is part of one's genetics from birth.
 So, if you go with iTunes Match, you'll have all 203,034 songs available from your main iTunes library (or any library directly linked to the files), and 100K available on the go.  Though I'm not sure if they'll let you pick which 100K, or if it's just the first 100K it finds in your library.  I'd assume there's some metadata in your audio files which can allow it to differentiate.  For example, if they were ripped from different CDs, then it'll be able to use the CD...
 As you mentioned, the quality you'll get for songs which iTunes Match is able to find in the iTunes database is 256 kbps AAC.  For those which it isn't able to find, it'll try to upload them in a supported format.  ALAC files are converted to 256 kbps AAC according to this page.  It also shows that you're limited to 25K songs (soon to be upgraded to 100K as per Eddie Cue's announcement).  There's no specific storage space limit, just number of songs. As well, the iTunes...
 It's really convenient to have music at your fingertips as opposed to digging through a large collection to find what you need.  I have about 2500 vinyl records and recently got rid of about 700 CDs after ripping them at high quality.  It's so much more convenient to be able to just run a quick search or have a playlist and stream it to your exact location in the house (or multiple locations you'll be moving through) than digging through physical media and loading it into...
I've used Sonos for music streaming in my home since well before Apple had Airplay and Home Sharing.  Rock solid and fast with a 25K song library, works with almost every online streaming service as well as things like Soundcloud, and it's only a one time cost for the boxes as opposed to a monthly fee (which I prefer).  And no, I don't work for Sonos -- just a very satisfied customer.
Best way is still to have a SIM-unlocked device and buy a local SIM card wherever you travel.  The local plans are generally cheaper than these.
It appears to be so currently.  When you try to connect to Beats 1 via a web link (I Airdrop shared a link from my iPhone to my iMac), it says you need to update to an iTunes version which doesn't exist yet (but presumably is coming soon).
 I think Apple is targeting people who are more open-minded to music than those who would simply listen for 10 seconds and dismiss because it doesn't fit what they've been programmed to listen to.  There's plenty of pop music stations for those people.
Knee jerk react much?  It hadn't started, and Brian Eno is a fantastic artist with a rich history of music with widely varying styles.  It's on now, with more "party-like" tunes.  But it really doesn't seem like you're in a party mood anyways.  Sounds like your mood would match better with death metal (random ranting over chugging guitars).