or Connect

Posts by auxio

And have a half-baked OS that neither works well for a desktop PC or a tablet?  No thanks.  WinCE (literally), WinMo, Win8, 8.1, 10... maybe next decade they'll get it right.
I can guarantee that Microsoft could learn more about competitive software just by searching and analyzing stackoverflow than they would by harvesting and analyzing random crash dumps.
I'm still trying to figure out the whole "crash the iPad" part.  Crash the 3rd party app, sure.  But how does having bad map data bring down the whole iPad?   If I'm guessing correctly, that part is also hyperbole on the part of mainstream media.
 haha.  I really want to see this magical source code file that's going to ruin a company if someone else gets ahold of it.  Most software worth its salt is made up of hundreds of source code files that are interdependent.  So getting one of them out of context isn't going to be of much value to anyone.
I still fail to see why people are so in love with Visual Studio.  It's a decent IDE, but so is Xcode.  And given my poor experience with other Microsoft software on Mac (Office, Lync, etc), I'm not holding my breath on the quality.
A couple of concerns based on past experience:   Will Obj-C truly be a first class citizen on Windows?  Meaning, will you be able to do everything you can with native Windows APIs (now and in the future), will an app developed in Obj-C look and behave like a native Windows app, etc. Will MS end up taking the "embrace, extend and fragment/extinguish" route like they did with Java in the past?   Also, curious to know if they based their work off of the Cocotron...
Unless you're working on files directly on the USB drive (why?), just plug it in, transfer the files, unplug and keep charging.  In the off chance that you're really down to the end of your battery and need a charge, Macs will go into deep sleep mode when they hit 5% battery, which should be plenty of reserve battery power to do a small file transfer to/from a fast USB flash drive and then continue charging right away.  You're making up a problem where there isn't one.
Even fandroids can't come up with original ideas...  
 I was in a bar recently which had a clock that did exactly that -- just to mess with the drunk people. Having a Salvador Dali inspired watch face where it melts slowly would be nice too.
 Ah, I see.  It's when any iOS system process tries to use SSL after connecting to the rogue WiFi network on startup.