or Connect

Posts by auxio

Right, but Obj-C still isn't cross-platform.  Try to write an application that works on both Windows and Mac using Obj-C.  Even if you can find an Obj-C compiler for Windows which will build an application for you, you can't do much without having the Cocoa/AppKit/Foundation frameworks available.  Trying to write Obj-C apps for Windows is like trying to write C# apps for Mac -- you can do it, but you won't get very far because each language is pretty-much...
 It's possible to use bindings in XIBs with Obj-C too.  It's just not as readily visible as it is with Swift. For example, you can make a rounded rectangle button easily by binding the layer.cornerradius and layer.masksToBounds properties of UIButton in the Xcode UI editor.  It's shown in the second answer here.  Do more searching for making rounded rect buttons on stackoverflow and you'll see the multitude of convoluted ways people have come up with to do it.  It just...
 Prior to about Xcode 4.3, I'd have agreed with you (especially prior to Xcode 4).  However, now that everything is rolled into one window (Interface Builder isn't separate from Xcode anymore), and clang has come of age, I'd be willing to say that Xcode is one of the best IDEs I've used.  Far more advanced than Visual Studio (just compare using Instruments for debugging to similar tools for VS like Xperf). Every programming language (and related SDK) intrinsically has it's...
 Sounds like a law firm's wet dream.
 And the biggest flaw one can make is to never truly consider the question: are we born with a certain nature or is it conditioned in us by the world into which we're born? Consider the extreme example of child soldiers in Africa who don't think twice about taking a life.  Is that human nature or environmental conditioning?  If it's human nature, then why aren't we all murderers?  If it's conditioning, then you have to consider that greed may also be a product of...
 Maybe he/she works for a cable TV company.  In which case, if/when they lose their job due to people finding ways to steal cable, it will affect them and their family. Look, I'm a cord-cutter too.  However, I do pay for the shows I watch in other ways (a la carte, Netflix, etc).  It's fine if you don't want to pay for cable because you don't like their terms of service, but it's theft if you still watch the shows and don't pay via other means.  Unless they are broadcast...
 That's good to know.  Now consider that a whole bunch of people have found a way to get out of paying you for whatever you create/do (based on whatever terms of sale or service you set).  That's exactly what you're doing with internet/cable service.
 It is based on their terms of service.  One connection per household -- is that so hard to grasp? I _get_ the fact that you're trying to "stick it to the man" and don't believe in anything.  However, the law will not agree with you if/when the time comes to defend your position. On a side note: if you take that position, then you shouldn't expect other people to pay for anything you create/provide if/when you actually decide to contribute something to society.  Everyone...
 I honestly think that the vast majority of people just aren't aware that what they're doing is illegal because it's so easy to do nowadays (and no one bothers to read the terms of service).
 Even though I'm no fan of the cable companies, I have to agree with sog35 here. Using a friend's WiFi is not the same as sharing an online cable account.  Let me clarify the scenario a bit: When you get a wireless router from your ISP, they give you permission to share your internet connection with any number of devices in the same household.  The same goes for your cable TV package: you are allowed to watch cable on any number of TVs/devices in the same household. The...