or Connect

Posts by auxio

But it's great to have an option for cheap app developer testing devices.
But you can be someone who treats people differently depending on what you believe their net worth to be.
 I guess because I have experienced this on many occasions.  Where as soon as you walk into a store that has a high-end look and feel/products, either the sales staff seem to be trained to act a certain way (sales tactic to feed into some customers' need to feel important because of where they shop) or they'll use it as an excuse to try and feel more important than others (personal need of the sales staff). But as long as Apple ensures their sales staff continues to be...
 I used to have shoulder-length, undercut hair too.  Doesn't mean someone isn't intelligent or "classy" (whatever that means) just because they choose to present themself in a way that doesn't match everyone else.  If they know Apple products well and can give me good advice, I could care less what they look like.  Now smell, on the other hand...
 There was a picture posted of one of the VIP rooms.  Looks nicely designed, but a bit unapproachable.
While I love modern design, my concern is that the stores could end up feeling "unapproachable" like other high-end retail stores (Gucci, Prada, and the like).  Especially if the staff ends up judging customers based on whether they feel they're "premium enough" to be in the store.  I'd hate to see Apple stores end up feeling like a pretentious art gallery or similar.   Edit: Same sentiment as satchmo.  Maybe it's a difference between Canadians & Americans.  I do well...
 I get it... because Monster was secretly the original designer of such connectors as RCA and HDMI rather than just a company which gold plated existing designs, invented marketing terms such as "oxygen free", and artificially inflated the value.  So that's why they're comparable to Apple. Thanks, but I'll support companies which pay trained hardware designers what they're worth rather than state-sponsored companies who wait for the next tech trend to rip off.
 Agreed -- people are oversimplifying by saying that it's $300 just to view the keynote. However, the problem is that it is now essentially a paid event (even if it is still possible to get in for free).  Which is completely understandable given the costs of running a conference, and it's likely just to break even on things, but it still changes things when money is involved.  Like it or not, AltConf is now classified as a paid, commercial event, and so it needs to follow...
 iOS is OS X at the core.  So one could get a good sense by comparing an iPad Air 2 to a MacBook (using Mail, iWork apps, Safari, etc).  I don't have either device, so unfortunately I can't do such a comparison.
 The trouble with Apple Pay in Canada is that none of the banks support it yet.  However, I've heard from a few people who are already set up with it in the US that, when they travel to Canada, they can use it just fine at a contactless payment terminal. So I'm guessing that the cashiers have had to deal with so many Canadians who don't understand that they need to be able to set up their credit cards before they can use Apple Pay (and that, in turn, depends on their bank...