or Connect

Posts by auxio

As we've seen Wall Street do time and time again despite Apple releasing great products that customers love.  So why again are we putting faith in investor opinion?
And if/when Apple's profits soar because most people see Tim's humanity as something they value and connect with in a company, the people who only see the world in stock valuations will do what?   This is why, in general, I've drifted away from friends who are heavily involved with the stock market over my lifetime.  Most don't see the importance of things which don't generate monetary value of some sort, and will flip-flop to whatever values happen to be beneficial at a...
 Young people who are surrounded by others who shame them for their sexual preference (or are hiding it for fear of that happening) and are considering taking their own lives might find some inspiration in the fact that someone else made it through that and became the CEO of a major company.
Yay!  Another deep thinker chimes in.
 I wasn't aware that he issued this statement with the Apple logo alongside it.
So you were ostracized and had hurtful things said to you when people found out you were straight woman? That's what Tim means when he said he "understands what it's like to be part of a minority".  Whether you happened to have seen it or not (and taken notice of it) in your life experience, there are many places on earth where those in the majority cause hardship for those in the minority simply because they are different and herd mentality establishes order. If Tim's...
 Programmers have generally done this for a long time now via IRC (I remember learning object-oriented programming on IRC in the mid 1990s).  And it's not realtime, but stackoverflow is a similar resource for all programming languages. It's not web applications I dislike, it's the ugliness of having to program in JavaScript.  For example: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/3390396/how-to-check-for-undefined-in-javascript/ So there's undefined, which may not actually be...
 I'm still trying to figure out what software is available for Chromebooks.  Only Google's apps? I looked at porting an app over to it a little while ago and it's like it's own little world with no relation to any other platform.  So I'm left scratching my head as to who would create apps for it unless Google funded them. I guess if everything you do is on the web, and you don't mind staying logged in to Google services all the time, then it works.  I'd personally rather...
 It also requires the user to be carrying their Zune for internet access.
Not to mention mine's all Gigabit, so it's way faster (even if I did have everything 802.11ac, which I don't).  Plus there's no concerns about interference from other networks.  I don't really understand why it matters whether your network is wireless or wired: at the application level, packet routing is all the same. And yes, I understand that I can have both network types enabled at the same time.  But I like to turn Wi-Fi + Bluetooth off on my laptop to save power when...