or Connect

Posts by auxio

Exactly.  It seems like the American media has created some law that everyone who performs a job which puts them in front of the media must show/share every little aspect of their lives.  Why?  So that people can pretend that they know the person and generally treat them so bizarrely when they go out in public that it eventually drives them nuts (as happens to many celebrities)?   The public tribute was created by Apple (not his family), and so it rightfully focuses on...
  I've used a few Bluetooth headsets with my iPhone and none have them have lived up to the quality of wired headsets.  Lag waiting for audio to start, occasional dropouts, sound quality not as good, can't be recharged easily on the go, etc.   If Apple can come up with a way to make wireless headsets as good as wired ones, then they deserve a patent IMO.  Maybe not this exact patent, but for whatever technology they invent to eliminate the flaws in the current designs.
  ok, sounds like they have you locked down pretty tight there.  If you really need to do this for work purposes, then I'd make a case with your admin about it.  The nice thing about the app I recommended is that it all works locally (no cloud server) so there's no need to open things up to the Internet at all (which makes admins much happier).   Anyways, we've gotten way off topic here, but I just wanted to clear up the misconception that Apple's walled garden completely...
  I'm pretty sure you can create an ad-hoc Wi-Fi network with most PCs as well.  Check the network settings.  I know I can do it with Windows 7 running on my Mac under Boot Camp, but the only true PC machine I have here is running Linux (router/NAS).   And that's what syncing files is: getting a set of files from one device to another all in one shot (rather than one-by-one).  Put all the files you want into a single folder on your PC, then sync that folder over to your...
  Search the app store.  I sync around 1500 files between my Mac and iPad/iPhone over Wi-Fi using Syncellence.  There's a free version you can try out and make sure it does what you need.   With regard to no Wi-Fi at work, just create an ad-hoc Wi-Fi network with your Mac and join it with your iPad.
  I don't really care about SD cards since you have to buy a different type for every device you own plus learn all the little technical details about them to ensure you get one with decent performance.   However, I agree about the $30 for 16 GB of memory.  $100 for 16 GB more on the iPhone 5 when you're only paying $180 for the device itself (on contract) is too much imo.
  Coming from a 3GS (long contracts here in Canada), the iPhone 5 definitely comes close to the original iPhone experience for me.  _Everything_ is a delight: the beautiful screen, the look and feel, the processor speed, the camera (love the panorama photos).  And the new earphones deliver a much fuller sound than the old ones.  Much closer to high-end earphones in my experience, and no ear fatigue.   No complaints so far other than the painful activation experience I've...
  Off the top of my head:   1) You don't live close to an Apple/AT&T/Verizon store 2) You have other demands on your time (my reason).  In rush hour traffic/transit, it would be well over an hour of travel time just to get to the store and back for me.  Add lineup time, activation, and it's around 2 hours or more.
Love the new look, can't wait to try out the new headphones, and give some of the new games a whirl on it when they're released.  Not disappointed at all.
  The user knows about it by how long it takes to download/update an app which has a lot of texture images.  Especially if it's happening over a bogged down cell network or otherwise poor connection.  The also see it in how long it takes the app to load on startup.  And I have no doubt that some crash-prone apps are running out of memory due to use of many large texture images (and not paying attention to memory warnings).   Obviously most users don't know that it's the...