or Connect

Posts by auxio

Yes, I guess you got me on that one. However, it's a bit of a jump to compare gated communities with privately-paid security firms created to protect a small group of people from the ills of society with political borders. They'd be more akin to the castles built to protect the aristocracy during medieval times.
My friend, that is why I would be far more interested to live in France than in the United States. I'm not sure it it's the education system or conditioning from the environment or what, but the overall outlook of many people in the United States seems to simply be that of fear and reaction (the level of discourse on news programs there makes me sick to my stomach).I have met a number of very interesting/thoughtful people in New York City and San Francisco, so I try not...
No, I'll just live in areas of the world with decent health care systems and controls on who gets armaments. That way I don't have to live life walled up in my gated community, driving around with my doors locked and windows rolled up, experiencing it all though a television screen/computer monitor, and be afraid to attend a live show or have a drink in the wrong part of town because the people there tend to be far more interesting than the ones who live in fear and...
That must explain why the crime rate is far higher in poverty-stricken areas than in the aforementioned gated communities...
lol. Life really is a Hollywood movie - some people are just born evil. We should find the DNA chain which identifies such people and take pre-emptive action against them. If you are willing to break out of your black and white thinking, then I will take the time to agree with you about the fact that, yes, we all make choices in life which affect the situation we end up in. However, I'd hope that you would be willing to admit that, in cases such as true mental illness...
wow... just wow. When the depth of response to something like this is simply "if someone does this, they need to be met with deadly force", or a joke, you know things are bad. Stay focused on the symptom (crime) and don't bother thinking about the root cause (high levels of poverty, untreated mental illness, all combined with an armed population). But hey, just keep building gated communities, private security armies, not daring to travel to certain areas of your city...
Not for true pro users (software developers, video/audio/graphics professionals, etc). They need as much power as they can get (CPU cores, memory speed, hard drive speed, etc) and so a MBA style laptop which skimps on specs in favour of size isn't going to cut it. That's what the "Pro" means in MBP -- using it for much more than just email and surfing the web. Now, the non-Pro MacBook line and the MBA line combining -- that I can see.
Well, I'm not even American, so I'm not trying to gloat at all. And I really could care less about the comings and goings of corporate entities - they have no intrinsic value in my world other than providing a means for technological creativity and innovation (where my real interest lies) to be distributed to the world.My appreciation for Mr. Jobs only comes from the fact that, unlike the CEOs of most corporate entities, he truly does seem to share the same passion for...
I'm just curious -- why are you so excited for a world where mediocrity and imitation are valued above innovation and quality? Is it simply because your investment portfolio sits in such companies?
These two quotes I think are key as to why Apple has climbed back to the top and why they don't have to lower themselves to the level of almost everyone else in the industry to sell products: they actually spend the money and time (R&D) required to design products that people love and want to buy. As opposed to having to undercut and/or partner with other companies to force your product to be bundled with theirs (and then hoping that people just don't care enough to look...