or Connect

Posts by auxio

Consider people like myself who would like to use the Kindle to peruse technical reference books (in addition to casual reading). I might be looking through a reference book, then need to go out to the web for more information/examples, and then back to the book again. The Kindle doesn't really meet the needs for that particular case. Book reading takes many forms these days. That's where the Kindle fails imo. It needs to have the capability to support all reading...
I think that if I were in the market for such a device, I'd get a netbook rather than Kindle.
The two major problems I have with the Apple keyboard:It's not splitThere's no wrist restI have a very hard time using a keyboard which isn't split since it always feels like my wrists are being strained. I have a tendency to rest my elbows on the desk as I type (curved desk), which creates an odd wrist angle on keyboards which aren't split. Anytime I have to use my laptop keyboard heavily for an extended period of time, I inevitably find myself doing wrist stretches...
Yes! For a while there I thought I was the only one who thought Apple's input devices are complete garbage.I'm typing this on a MS Natural Keyboard Elite (with the PS/2 to USB adapter -- archaic I know, but it works) and using a Logitech TrackMan Wheel mouse. Been making very heavy use of this combination for about 12 years now and no carpal tunnel symptoms to speak of yet (knocking on my compressed particleboard desk).The only time I use the Apple keyboard is when I...
Yup, this is my gripe too. Why is the 17" MBP the only one which allows for 8GB? I personally don't want to carry a laptop that big around. Even if it is extortionately expensive to upgrade to 8GB at this point, I'd at least like to have the option when prices do come down. I guess I'll be waiting a bit longer to get a new 15" MBP...
I can't honestly see how this trial would require Apple to show a whole bunch of proprietary source code. At most, a few snippets here and there to prove the infringements on IP that Psystar has made. Considering the size of Apple's entire codebase and the breadth of their product lines (which is everchanging), it's not likely to cause any harm even if it did leak. Apple likely gives away more code each day through their use of open source software than they'll be showing...
Well yeah, here in North America, most people live in places with enough space for a large monitor/TV screen. However, in places like Japan, it's rare to see large screens because:there's not enough space for oneyou can't actually sit far enough away from the screen to require oneIn fact, many people living in Tokyo do the majority of their viewing on cell phones or small laptops. Even in big cities like New York and London, space is a luxury which a lot of people just...
ok, I agree on the dongle flex/snap problem.I guess I just never put my iPhone in my pants pocket as I find it uncomfortable, and I usually have some form of jacket with a pocket I can put it into. So the extra dongle isn't a problem. But then maybe it's because I live in Canada and there's only a few months out of the year where I don't have a coat of some type on or with me. Now using the iPhone with gloves on... that's a real problem for Canadians.
???That's like saying I don't want to attach any USB devices to my computer because they might damage the USB port. The iPod/iPhone dock connector specification is well known and there are many 3rd parties building hardware to connect to it.Sure you may drain the battery faster, but that's a price I'm willing to pay to be able to use my iPhone with something like this:Burton/RED Audex Ear Pads
Having more processing power and/or multicore really isn't the big limitation I see on the iPhone -- the amount of RAM is. That and being able to properly share the audio output device. Those are the two limitations I'd like to see Apple address.