or Connect

Posts by auxio

I'm assuming because you don't actually need to download an app to win. It's mandatory that every contest have a way to enter without purchasing anything.
I understand Apple's high bar setting for iAd.The problem with making it too cheap to advertise is that you get far too many crap quality ads: low-res/ugly images, black bars and/or stretching because the ad was designed for the wrong size screen, flashing nonsense, etc. This detracts from the overall experience that Apple has created for iOS.Set the bar high enough, and you ensure that advertisers will spend the money (or have the in-house expertise) to provide top...
iAds are only available in certain countries. From the iAd developer website:
Which is the only leverage Apple has if there's no contractual obligation for Pegatron to comply.
Finally a comment I (mostly) agree with. Pegatron was able to purchase manufacturing equipment and perfect that assembly process with the investments Apple made (and expertise they loaned), so Apple should be able to curtail who benefits from that assembly line. However, the comment about commies is hilarious. This situation is one of the purest examples of capitalism you can find. Pegatron now has an assembly line which can produce MacBook Airs, why wouldn't they try to...
I was just about to post the same URL. The phrase "damn you autocorrect" is now used when anything doesn't work properly in our household. I guess it's not a prerequisite that a technology actually work well for it to be patented.
Keep the educated people away from the workers who don't know better. And while we're at it, make sure to filter out internet content relating to human rights and labour laws. Ignorance is what greases the machine.
For the average person, I believe it has eroded in the past 25 years. I'd have to find the link, but I'm sure I've seen a statistic which shows that, accounting for inflation in cost of living, the average person is making less today than they did in the early 1980s. And I'm fairly certain people are working more hours these days.Yet I remember a time when a Macintosh cost around $5k, and people who really wanted one would find a way. They would just forgo other things...
If someone so chooses to work those hours, then they should have the right to (and try to be compensated for it if that's their motivation). I have no problem with that, and nor should anyone judge them for choosing to live that way.The key word here is "choice". It should be a choice, not an expectation. And that's where the problem here lies: in many cases, if people don't choose to work those kind of hours, someone else will be hired in their place. Either that or...
Sure, I have no problem with workers in these countries having options at a better future (relative to conditions previously). This is exactly what has happened over the past 100 years in the western world.The problem I see is that the standard of living for the average worker in the western world is eroding at a far quicker rate than the standard of living is increasing for workers in countries such as China. Which means that, with the global picture in mind, we're...