or Connect

Posts by auxio

Can we please clear this up once and for all?- You can sign up for an Apple developer account for free. This will allow you to get access to developer tools and documentation so that you can create Mac applications. This won't allow you to get a developer ID so that you can sign your Mac applications. You can still distribute the applications you create, but once Mountain Lion comes out, users of your applications who upgrade will have to explicitly change their...
I personally think a thumb trackball mouse is the optimal design. Once you get used to it, it's far more precise using discrete thumb movements rather than whole hand movements to control the cursor (either via a rollerball/optical mouse or a trackpad). And the thumb is strong enough for long periods of use (unlike other fingers).Obviously direct contact with the screen is the most precise, but the weight of your arms becomes a factor over time. Not to mention the...
A friend of mine lived in a 3 room, shared living space apartment with 4 other people and was able to get by in a major city on $400 per month rent (all inclusive). A Google search for 3-5 dollars a day for meals turns up plenty of sites with information.That's approximately $500-550 per month living expenses in a place where minimum wage is $10.25 per hour. Assuming you work 60 hours per week (my friend certainly didn't), that's around 80% of your salary free to do with...
I'm assuming because you don't actually need to download an app to win. It's mandatory that every contest have a way to enter without purchasing anything.
I understand Apple's high bar setting for iAd.The problem with making it too cheap to advertise is that you get far too many crap quality ads: low-res/ugly images, black bars and/or stretching because the ad was designed for the wrong size screen, flashing nonsense, etc. This detracts from the overall experience that Apple has created for iOS.Set the bar high enough, and you ensure that advertisers will spend the money (or have the in-house expertise) to provide top...
iAds are only available in certain countries. From the iAd developer website:
Which is the only leverage Apple has if there's no contractual obligation for Pegatron to comply.
Finally a comment I (mostly) agree with. Pegatron was able to purchase manufacturing equipment and perfect that assembly process with the investments Apple made (and expertise they loaned), so Apple should be able to curtail who benefits from that assembly line. However, the comment about commies is hilarious. This situation is one of the purest examples of capitalism you can find. Pegatron now has an assembly line which can produce MacBook Airs, why wouldn't they try to...
I was just about to post the same URL. The phrase "damn you autocorrect" is now used when anything doesn't work properly in our household. I guess it's not a prerequisite that a technology actually work well for it to be patented.
Keep the educated people away from the workers who don't know better. And while we're at it, make sure to filter out internet content relating to human rights and labour laws. Ignorance is what greases the machine.