or Connect

Posts by auxio

And 90% of the food service market can likely be attributed to fast food chains. It doesn't make the quality of the food any better, it just speaks to people's desire for the cheapest products (and tendency to buy whatever they happen upon without any product research). No matter how much headache those products cause for them (long term health problems in the case of food).In my eyes, marketshare means far less than quality workmanship.
Yeah, because we all know how great Microsoft's ads are...I've never really cared for Family Guy anyways. I love the episode of South Park where they joke about how Family Guy skits are developed by manatees. Now it will really be true since Ballmer bears an uncanny likeness to a manatee.
I think Steve Jobs dumped some bad LSD in the Redmond water supply.
Microsoft - the fast-food vendor equivalent in the software world: Software which satisfies your immediate needs, but leaves you with indigestion due to poor usability, frequent (sugar) crashes, and eventual clogging of the arteries requiring bypass surgery (the need to reinstall your OS due to eventually bogging your computer down to a crawl/causing system instability).
I'm just looking for options to replace what I already have in my Linux PC (which cost about the same as a Mini to build). Unfortunately, the Mini server option isn't quite there yet for me.
When you're also copying a large file across to that same drive (as you mentioned). Highly doubtful that it doesn't have to buffer the video so that you don't end up with hiccups on playback.I'm pulling it off of the local hard drive on my Mac Pro (where I encoded it) over a dual gigabit (load balanced) ethernet connection. So yes, FW800 is the weak link in the chain here.I'm talking about a server system where you have hard drives which are permanently connected (not...
Sure, but then you only get 400Mb/s ethernet (minus all of the USB overhead, so closer to 250Mb/s). A far cry from a true gigabit ethernet port.
That requires 2 ethernet ports on your server (which the Mini doesn't have).
If you had a DroboPro, wouldn't it be cheaper to just add a DroboShare and forgo the Mini altogether? (Edit: Just noticed that the DroboShare doesn't work with the DroboPro)What I'm talking about is using the Mini as the all-in-one solution (both storage and server). Which is I assume what Apple is also intending...
So with only one ethernet port, how do you also connect your Mini to your network so that it can actually act as a server? And don't say the Firewire port... And yes, you could use a separate router, but then you're still stuck with the problem that the Mini needs to access both the Drobo and the network at the same time. Thus limiting the amount of data which can, for instance, be read from the Drobo and then streamed to other devices on your network at the same...