or Connect

Posts by auxio

I'm pointing out what was said in your very first post, which is what I originally responded to with details about the difference between binary files and images. After which you detailed all of the components of the application bundle, and derided me for not somehow seeing that was in your mind when you made the first post.If you would have posted those details in the first place, I would have accepted your argument and not bothered to clarify anything. But instead I...
It's just as easy to swipe my finger across the trackpad of my MacBook Pro as it is across my iPad. Or pinch zoom, etc. There's absolutely no reason iBooks can't work with a trackpad. Or a magic mouse.This has to do with content control, plain and simple. No way to screen share in iBooks on iOS, no way to read it on Mac OS X, means you can only see it on an iOS device screen.
This is what you originally stated: "But the binaries don't double up the size of the app. They are quite small in comparison." In comparison to what? Humpback whales? Clearly.
You weren't clear about the difference between executable code and images. I was clarifying that (and thinking aloud as I went).I hadn't had a chance to open up the installer to see what it contained yet, so I was going off of my typical experience where the binary parts (main executable + utility programs) are usually bigger than the images and other resources (NIB files and whatnot). I guess iTunes is different.I'd assume that the Windows version would need the same...
This thread has to do with iBooks syncing in iTunes. How is asking a question as to why I can't read my books on my Mac (synced via iTunes) not relevant to that topic?
Got it. They can't lock down content on Mac OS X quite as well as they can iOS, so the spin is now that it's a dead end.
Bingo! This is my biggest annoyance, not being able to read books on _all_ of my Apple devices. Not having a reader app for Windows I can understand, but not having one for Mac OS X is inexcusable.
Now let's get to my beef: why can't books in iBooks be read on Mac OS X? Is this going to change now that textbooks have been added? Frustrating to say the least...
Actually they do roughly double the size of an app.Nothing can be shared between the two binaries because PowerPC and Intel use completely different CPU instruction sets (which is what application binaries are composed of), so you have two entirely unique binaries. The size of each may not be exactly the same, but it's usually pretty close.Sorry, just to be clear, you can share image files (resources) between the two binaries, but it's usually the executable itself which...
What currently sucks is the complication of getting digital content onto TVs. Mess of cables, switching input sources, etc. I'm sure Apple can make it easier. However, my biggest doubt is whether their "clean and intuitive" solution will work well with devices outside of their ecosystem (e.g. PS3). My guess is that they're expecting you to do your gaming on iOS only (using an iPad/iPhone/iPod Touch as a controller).