or Connect

Posts by auxio

No Toronto this time?
The people who are being condescending about not spending all his time with his family at the end are ignorant. First off, it's impossible for one to know exactly when they are going to die. Second, it's obvious that Steve had great passion for his work, and to deny one the ability to do what they love is pretty much a death sentence. I have no doubt that him and his family had already come to terms with the way he chose to live his life a long time ago. If you truly...
RIM just makes me embarrassed to be a Canadian
I don't really think of it in terms of exclusivity (which conjures up images of nightclubs intentionally fabricating long lineups as a marketing gimmick). I think of it more in terms of the fact that buying an Apple product wasn't really "the norm" until the past 5 years. So the people in these lines at that time tended to be creative types and/or more independent thinkers. Those types of people generally have an irreverence and desire to play with societal norms (i.e....
Depends on the crowd I guess. Maybe now that Apple products are more mass-market, the crowds have become boring (kinda like the celebrity follower crowds), but I remember a time when line-ups for Apple products were more like a geek circus. Plenty of creative ways to help everyone pass the time.
I'll agree with you on the celebrity front -- I remember a comedian joking about the fact that if you put a tomato on TV for a while, and then later put that same tomato in a grocery store, people would go nuts for it. But this is a bit different -- it's more like a tailgate party for iPhone fans. At least with an iPhone, it's something which has a tangible impact on one's daily life.
I'm not sure about iOS GM releases, but I know I've had it happen with one or two Mac OS X GM preview releases in the past. Though I'd have to check to see if they were indeed labelled as "GM" by Apple or were just release candidates that other people had labelled as GM. Regardless, they came out very shortly before the official releases and were one or two builds lower.
GM builds typically don't expire. However, there's no guarantee that they'll be exactly the same build as the final, released version. Most of the time they are, but I've seen rare cases where the release version is one or two builds higher.Since the GM build is developer only, I don't think they'd give you a simple way to upgrade should that be the case. A full restore to the release version would likely be the only option. Such is life on the bleeding edge...
One of the biggest performance killers I've found is having too many apps running at the same time. Usually if I go through and force quit all of the apps except the one I need at a particular time, things get much faster.This is actually my biggest beef with iOS - having to manually manage apps this way. They need to make this happen automatically somehow IMO.
I've been doing it for the past couple of months. Feels about the same as running iOS4 - somewhat choppy for some things, but still usable overall.