or Connect

Posts by auxio

One of the biggest performance killers I've found is having too many apps running at the same time. Usually if I go through and force quit all of the apps except the one I need at a particular time, things get much faster.This is actually my biggest beef with iOS - having to manually manage apps this way. They need to make this happen automatically somehow IMO.
I've been doing it for the past couple of months. Feels about the same as running iOS4 - somewhat choppy for some things, but still usable overall.
3) True 4G LTEIt's yet to be seen if just tweaking the antenna architecture on the phone, but staying with a 3G network, will give the same speed bump as actually going to 4G LTE (as Apple claims). Especially one or two years down the road.But, in general, I agree. I'm not sure exactly what else people were expecting...
As everyone has been saying, the cable is only one link in the chain. And, of course, you're always limited by the slowest link -- be it the controller chip, the bus(ses) the data needs to travel over, physical limitations of the device which is connected (eg. hard drive read/write speed), etc. That said, it's nice to remove one limitation so that you can then focus on removing the others.
Actually, I used Cocotron and was able to release an app I created in Xcode on Windows XP/Vista/7.
I used to be a hardcore gamer as well -- religiously following hardware sites and specs, carefully picking and choosing components based on their performance for games, constantly upgrading, etc. So I _get_ all the beefs about Macs from that crowd. However, you have to understand that: 1. It's a very niche group of people who do this. Even in the PC world, it's mostly small, niche retailers who sell gamer systems and components. Especially now that all-in-one PCs are...
This whole discussion about how Apple should give something back has really helped me understand thinking in the US a bit better. It seems that a lot of people believe that it's the role of companies to take care of them (help fund schools, etc). So now it makes sense to me why people don't feel government is important, don't vote, and would be happier to just get rid of government altogether and not pay any taxes. When in reality, the goal of a company is simply to...
Virtual PC was pretty much unusable for anything but simple tasks. The reason is because it was emulating an Intel CPU on a PowerPC (before Apple made the switch to Intel). Which is far slower than emulating Intel on Intel.Parallels was the first to market with an Intel on Intel VM for Mac OS X after Apple made the switch. VMWare had already been doing this for years on Windows and Linux, but didn't have a Mac OS X offering for a year or so after the switch. Which is...
Seriously, you're trying to argue that Parallels is better on the basis of version numbers? You must be in marketing. By that logic, OpenSSL (the most widely used SSL implementation in the world) isn't worth a look because it just reached version 1.0 recently.I honestly think that Parallels changes major versions so much just so that they can rake in more and more upgrade fees from users. They're fast becoming the Adobe of the VM business. I paid for version 1 -- hated...
As a software developer, it's nice to be able to install developer preview versions of Mac OS X (or other software) without jeopardizing your main system. Or for testing software on a number of different Mac OS X point releases.