or Connect

Posts by auxio

ha$ha$ha$ha$ha$ha$ha$ha$ha$ha$ha$ha$ha$ha$ha$ha$ha ha$ha$ha$ha$ha$ha$ha$ha$ha$ha$ha$ha$ha$ha$ha$ha$ha ha$ha$ha$ha$ha$ha$ha$ha$ha$ha$ha$ha$ha$ha$ha$ha$ha ha$ha$ha$ha$ha$ha$ha$ha$ha$ha$ha$ha$ha$ha$ha$ha$ha ha$ha$ha$ha$ha$ha$ha$ha$ha$ha$ha$ha$ha$ha$ha$ha$ha ha$ha$ha$ha$ha$ha$ha$ha$ha$ha$ha$ha$ha$ha$ha$ha$ha
ok right. Strictly speaking HTML5 is only the HTML syntax definition, but since HTML itself is useless for anything but the simplest websites, I tend to lump JavaScript and CSS in with it since the HTML syntax definition supports those technologies far more directly than it does proprietary technologies like Flash (which doesn't have a single mention in the HTML5 specification). Anyways, I think that as Firefox continues to make inroads as the standard browser on Windows...
All of which can be built just as well in HTML 5. It will just take time for these big entertainment companies to adjust their work flows to incorporate people and tools that are geared towards content creation in HTML 5. However, the more people demand it, the quicker it will happen.
Flash development tends to attract programmers who didn't have the attention span to learn proper programming practices in college/university or people who want to pretend they know how to do programming so that they can make a bit more money without actually taking the time to actually learn how to do it properly. That's part of the reason why most Flash applications suck so bad. Really, if people just used Flash for what it's best at -- easily creating simple videos...
I'm still unsure of why people think that Apple should pay for the development of software (iTunes) which helps Palm sell Pres without Palm giving them anything in return?
The problem is that Palm is profiting off of something they haven't invested a cent in (the development of the iTunes software). While hacking software/devices for personal use is fine (and fun), it's the point where you are trying to profit from hacking others' work where I draw the line. I'd be pretty pissed off if I had spent millions of dollars developing a piece of software, only to have someone else come along and try to gain product sales from it without paying any...
I'm missing the point as to why this is a negative?Considering that the cellular service industry is highly profitable in densely populated areas, that would likely more than cover the expense incurred by rural areas (and the profits could even reduce taxes once the initial setup cost is covered).Now the impact to potential investors, that's another debate...
Are there still extra charges for long distance calls? I'd think there shouldn't be since all of the traffic is being routed over your internet connection (like VoIP), but I didn't see a definite answer on this anywhere (and it wouldn't surprise me if they still gouged you). If not, then I'd definitely go for this over a VoIP phone.
Well that makes Snow Leopard a no-go for me given that I keep all of my work on an eSATA drive. Both the eSATA Expresscard I use in my MacBook Pro and the eSATA PCIe card I use in my Mac Pro are based around the Sil3132 chipset. Hopefully this is resolved soon...
So who do you think did worse by Latin America: Ernesto Guevara or the multitude of CIA-backed dictators like Augusto Pinochet?