or Connect

Posts by auxio

So are a lot of other chemicals which are added to or sprayed on foods. If we knew every effect of every chemical we put in our bodies, we'd likely be able to avoid a lot of illness and prolong our lives So really, drugs aren't any different than anything else. Other than the fact that, most of the time, we have a trackable supply chain with legally produced goods, and thus can make more informed decisions about them. But there's no guarantee that all legally produced...
As with anything, the experience you get from LSD will largely depend on your outlook on life, and the context in which you do it. I've genuinely felt that, in some situations, it's helped me come to understand parts of the human experience which I wasn't aware of before (awareness of the subtleties of human interaction and emotion, etc). Everyone has a particular way they interact with the world based on which parts of it they focus on, and in my experience, LSD helps...
To draw comparisons to the real world, making an application that works on different OSes would be similar to trying to make a vehicle part which works on a Mini Cooper, a Hummer and a Ferrari. While each vehicle has similar parts inside, they tend to be different sizes and designed differently for the different needs of each vehicle. If you design your new part to fit one model, it won't fit the others. And even if you can make it fit sizewise, it may not suit the...
Here's a simplistic breakdown of how it works:The CPU in your computer/device executes very simple instructions (e.g. set a memory location to a numerical value, add/subtract two numerical values, etc). Every CPU uses a different instruction set.Because CPU instructions are so very simplistic, it would be extremely tedious and time consuming to create a large application with them.So software developers use "higher level" instructions (i.e. computer languages) to create...
This whole idea is reminiscent of JavaOS. It's funny to think that the current buzz of cloud computing and web apps harkens back to the thin-client architecture of X11 and multi-user UNIX systems which always kept user settings, documents, etc on a central server. It's really come full circle with a new round of entrepreneurs trying to sell the concepts under a set of different names and patents. Maybe it'll catch on this time, who knows? I personally feel that the...
I certainly won't argue that blind faith in government regulation is the way to go. To assume that elected officials only have the best interest of the public at heart in the face of massive corporate lobbying and cronyism is naive. As you said, two sides of the same coin.Anyways, to get back to the main discussion about jailbreaking, this is all about personal freedom (in the face of unnecessary ties between service provider and phones) -- something I'd think would...
Because it would take the creation of a new phone _and_ a new cellular network to change anything. And unless you're a multi-billionaire, or have a network of deep-pocketed investors worldwide, that isn't going to happen. Even if you do have a large group of people who are very good with hardware/software. Just because you have the ability to create a fully unlocked phone doesn't mean you wouldn't have to get into bed with the cellular service providers in order to have...
Wow. So let's clear the air on this:Only Rogers (not Fido) is offering thisYour monthly bill needs to be $100 per month before extra charges (can anyone verify if taxes are included in the $100?)So basically, I'm guessing that around 80-90% of Rogers/Fido (same company really) iPhone customers will not qualify. What's the point?
I'm talking about the central point in this article:I would fit in this category. Yet no one at Fido knows about such an offer and there's nothing in the page you linked to which refers to it either.
So you've verified that with Rogers then? It could just be that the information hasn't been passed from Rogers to Fido yet (Rogers is the parent company). Here's hoping...