or Connect

Posts by auxio

Indeed.  And let's not gloss over the fact that the whole patent system (and related litigation) is only necessary because of those who choose to imitate rather than innovate.
  It's Windows 8: Pixelated Edition.  A throwback for all the retro gamers out there.
  Extra length and just as thick with plenty of leaked photos.  What demographic are they aiming for with this?
  That's the beauty of making videos isn't it?  You can dream up thousands of things, and with some video editing skills, be considered a genius if/when those things are actually made.   Another thing I don't understand about purely using a video as prior art is the fact that, with modern video editing suites, anyone can create a video which looks like it was shot X number of years ago.  How can you possibly know when a video was made unless it was shown publicly around...
  Exactly.  I highly doubt there ever was a functioning prototype of the Fidler tablet.  It looks like they filmed someone holding an unhinged laptop screen and then later edited the video to add the screen images over top.  How is that any different from the technology props in a movie?   Do the legwork to actually create a functioning prototype or GTFO!  This is where the patent system has become a farce.  People can dream up whatever they want, patent it, then sit back...
  The only time I find Twitter useful is when there's some major event happening to me (power outage, traffic jam, etc) and I want to find out information about it right away.  Waiting for the local news to report about it is too slow.  Though you do have to wade through a lot of junk comments to find the good ones.   But in general, I agree.  Hearing about every little detail of people's daily lives and their random thoughts is pretty banal.
  When compared to the change from Mac OS 9 to Mac OS X (10), the updates Apple has been making in 10.1 - 10.8 are minor updates.  So yeah, in my mind a major update is just that: a major overhaul of your codebase that usually results in a very different piece of software.   Now, I can't speak for the major updates to Mac OS between versions 1-9 since I only really started paying attention to Mac OS with the release of OS X (I had an interest in operating system...
  If he looked in his cache and searched for all of the doubleclick cookies created at times when he didn't interact with an ad at all (likely all of them), then determined how many websites he visited in each browsing session after those cookies were created (using his history), then determined the market value of selling that browsing information to advertisers, it would give a rough estimate of how much Google profited off him without his consent.
  On the flip side, I know a person who simply follows free-be/price tracking sites and only downloads apps when they are offered for free.  So it could have the reverse effect where people who might otherwise purchase an app will wait for it to show up in their free-be tracker because they've seen it happen with other apps offered by that company.   Similar to a company offering a product at a sale price, then people not buying it at regular price because they heard from...