or Connect

Posts by auxio

1) My wife and I both had 1st gen iPhones unlocked and used on Fido in Canada. When the 3G iPhone was officially released in Canada, we both signed up for plans. I decided to get a new 3G phone with the plan (and sell my old one), my wife didn't. Fido refuses to activate her older model iPhone saying that it won't work on their network. But yet it works just fine jailbroken. So that's her only option right now. 2) Netshare (the tethering app) was banned from the app...
It's just slightly more complicated than that. First, how do you extradite or prosecute someone in Pakistan?"The DNS registration for the domain points to Madih-ullah Riaz in Karachi, Pakistan"Second, I'm guessing that either this guy's website was hacked and is being used by someone else for this purpose, or someone spoofed his name when registering that domain. The person behind a scam this elaborate isn't likely stupid enough to use a domain which leads directly back...
So let's, for the sake of argument, say that Psystar is allowed to separate the Mac OS software from the Mac hardware and build their clones. Now, let's think things through a little further... People start to buy Psystar's computers with Mac OS installed and find that there are issues here and there with hardware compatibility (since Psystar can't possibly clone every little detail of Apple's hardware). Is Apple then supposed make the necessary changes to Mac OS X to...
My point in that post is that just because the Chinese government has done a lot of evil things, doesn't mean that it's reason to be racist against the entire culture. If we turn the same microscope on our own culture, you can find the same evil things just in a different form. Which, I'm sure if you turned to the media in anti-American societies, you'd see it being used to manipulate people's opinions the same way. I'm basically just trying to combat the racism which I...
Ahhh, nothing like the Olympic games to join the world together in racism. Before letting your opinion be manipulated by more media coverage and ignorant people, consider these two points: - North American mass media (not talking about Joe Bloggs who has a dozen friends reading his website, or even small independent papers/zines/news sites) is largely dictated by the interests of the shareholders and advertisers. If a story about human rights abuse from 3rd world...
I'm guessing the iPhone suffers from some of the same problems Mac OS X at large does: needing to repair permissions every now and then. In fact, I'm backing up some stuff on my MBP right now so that I can reinstall Mac OS on it because Disk Utility can't even repair permissions anymore (and I can't install anything because the permissions are messed up so bad). I think Apple seriously needs to look into having a proper install management system. I've run various flavors...
This was actually closer to 2.5 years after I bought it.My experience has been the reverse. I've found that Apple phone/email support won't even spend time on my issue if the product is out of warranty and not covered by AppleCare without wanting to charge me for it. Strictly by the book. Whereas if I take the issue to the Genius Bar, they'll at least hear me out before making a decision on whether they'll cover it or not. So my first reaction now to a problem is to...
Personally, my recent history with Apple customer service has been extremely positive: Problem: G5 iMac would randomly turn off Result: Was just out of AppleCare, but Apple replaced the power supply anyways Problem: 1st gen MacBook Pro battery would get to 80% or so, then the computer would shut off Result: Apple replaced the battery Problem: 1st gen MacBook Pro whining noise Result: Apple replaced the motherboard Problem: MBP battery problem again Result:...
I'm still not convinced about this argument. I mean, I'd be a heck of a lot angrier if I downloaded an app which messed up my $3000 Mac Pro than my $199 iPhone. Yet it's possible to do just that with no restrictions on desktop/laptop apps. So why the restrictions on mobile apps? The only argument which sorta makes sense is that a malicious app could try to use the GPS without asking permission and potentially allow someone to secretly track people and/or use the phone...
That was his point: he doesn't want to carry a full laptop with him (for one reason or another). So he wants to be able to present off either a mini-laptop (which Apple doesn't have) or the iPhone (which can't present native Keynote or Powerpoint files). It is possible to present off of an iPhone using the AV adapter I mentioned (assuming the projector also has a composite or S-Video input -- which most should) and exporting the presentation to image files which are then...