or Connect

Posts by auxio

Assets isn't an action, it's a view of a particular set of data.  So I wouldn't put something like that in a toolbar, but instead in a list of views the user can choose.  I'd also put filters and history in that same list.  Those all sound like things which require their own view. Export is very similar to share, so you could probably use an icon like the one used for share sheets in OS X (document with an arrow out) and people would understand it. As for Edit, I'd need...
 How about using an icon which people are familiar with or clearly conveys the concept?  As a bonus, you don't have to translate all of those hover tips into dozens of languages later (or end up excluding international users because you didn't).  As an added bonus, now your website/app can be made to work on touchscreen devices more easily. And if you have a destructive document editing or file manipulation application which doesn't support undo in this day and age, I'd...
 All of the developer infrastructure for Force Touch also requires having a 64-bit application.  I'm guessing that Apple has just stopped testing all of the new features they add on 32-bit systems.
 Hover effects and/or features you can only discover by hovering the mouse cursor over various things has to be the single worst UI paradigm ever created.  I hope it never comes to iOS where intuitiveness and discoverability are paramount.
 Because having a cartel of wealthy, state-connected families who genuinely do nothing and simply collect the "taxes" from state-sponsored technology companies which repackage open source software inside knock-off cases for customers who only care about cheap is a better alternative?
I can accept that for personal websites.  However, when it's a paid, commercial, web-based product, the web developers need to ensure it's tested on all major browsers.
Safari on PC?  It's been unsupported for a couple of years now. I personally use Firefox on PC (with iCloud bookmark syncing), Safari on OS X, and Mobile Safari on iOS.  I do have Firefox installed on OS X for the rare cases where something doesn't work right in Safari (and I can't avoid it).  Still seem to be the odd group of web developers out there who don't test with Safari for some reason.
If it's a retina display (which this new 21.5" 4K display would be), there are options to scale the entire user-interface under  -> System Preferences... -> Displays
 Google has convinced people that software and hardware is worth nothing with their business model.  As someone trying to make a living off of creating technology and selling it as a product in it's own right, and has no interest in being involved in the advertising industry (or commoditizing user data), I simply don't want to support this model.  Apple is doing the same and I applaud them for it. The TV/entertainment industry is finally starting to go in the other...
 I'll one up you and say that Apple is going to not only register a religion but also declare their own state in Cupertino (hence the new campus).