or Connect

Posts by auxio

Ireland called it (free).
Here we go...
 MTR is still around, but its lost its edge a bit.  I still have the version with the bloody DVD on my PowerPC iMac.
 Bang on.  I get so tired of the whole "business class" marketing used by some services.  End-to-end encryption is supported by most services these days, and people will generally tend to use whatever is easiest (regardless of what companies try to force upon them).
How not? It pisses me off that it's ok to say a woman's butt is too big without even a second thought about it.  And then fein shock and awe when young girls commit suicide because they were born with a body type that others around them feel the need to make such comments about.  Or when mothers consider the same after their body changes due to having a child.
 Yup, some women do it to others as well (including those who should know better from life experience).  I never let cr*p like that go by in a conversation unchallenged -- even when my late mother said it.  The more we *shug*, the more we're passively accepting the concept that women's bodies should fit some nonsensical "ideal".  Which, of course, changes depending on the culture and time period (i.e. is arbitrary and largely based on groupthink). And yes, I do have...
As someone who has a deep hatred for the vacuous world of celebrity culture as well as those who derive their self-esteem from making off-hand, scathing comments about celebrities (and in doing so, simply end up fueling the absurdity), this thread makes me sick to my stomach.  Maybe Jobs was right...
 Admittedly, Windows NT was a good attempt (the other OS I used around that time).  But OS X surpassed it in a hurry.
 If they're only viewing Office documents, they don't even need iWork.  OS X/iOS has had the ability to preview Office documents sent as email attachments (or similar) for a long time now.  Unfortunately, most PC + iPad users don't even know iWork exists.  It'll be interesting to see what happens when the web-based version of iWork matures.  That's the major barrier right now: iWork has no presence on PCs.  Though I think you're likely right -- it'll likely take a long...