or Connect

Posts by auxio

I can speak much quicker than I can type (and I'm a pretty fast typist), especially when I can only use my thumbs for typing (god forbid the number pad typing). Speaking is also much easier to do when you're walking somewhere -- especially with the iPhone headphones. Texting is only more efficient than voice for short messages.Agreed.Neither does a voicemail message. And with visual voicemail, it's almost as easy to check as a text message.Agreed. I'm still a reluctant...
I agree. However, texting long distance is much cheaper than calling (at least, here in Canada). People will argue that you can just email instead of text, but until most people have push email on their phone, texting will still be a more immediate way to get ahold of someone (aside from calling of course). As for MMS -- while it would be nice to be able to instantly send pictures instead of having to use email, unless the price is right, I'm not interested. The...
Yes, that's the key difference. MS Windows has always been a product which is separate from any particular PC hardware, and thus in a separate market. So by them strong-arming PC manufacturers to bundle MS Windows with their hardware, they're intentionally excluding others (such as Linux) from being able to compete in the same market.However, with Apple/Mac OS, the hardware and software have always been bundled together. There've never been separate markets for their...
I think a better analogy is the actual OS which runs on the PS3. Sony develops both the hardware (PS3) and the OS (SonyOS?) and bundles them together. The Psystar countersuit is equivalent to someone suing Sony because the OS that runs on the PS3 can't also be used on competitive gaming hardware such as the Xbox.
Agreed. It's crazy how much superfluous and poorly structured/unindexed content you have to go through on many Flash-based sites just to find real information sometimes. I'm all for creative design, but make sure that people who are just interested in quickly finding details about your products have an easy path to it. Again, use the best tool for the job. Which isn't Flash when it comes to good indexing and search capabilities for a website.
Too bad location-based search results don't seem to work all that well for Canada. Other than that, the voice recognition works ok for me.
Pass the taste test or pass the flake test? I fully understand that Flash has become so popular because every web design company is looking to hire the proverbial web designer/graphic designer/software developer/audio engineer/video editor/how many professions can you cram in one person before they pop? However, just because Flash makes it easy for the jack of all trades, master of none, but fits within a shoestring budget web developer to knock out a quick and dirty...
At the start of the digital video camera age, it was only the higher end DV cameras which used Firewire. The consumer level cams were still analog (tape/video out).There was a brief period where a lot of consumer-level cameras had only Firewire/iLink, but nowadays most consumer-level cams tend to use memory cards and/or support both USB and Firewire. So again, there's a relatively small number of people who have the FW-only cams. A number which will decrease over time...
I've always thought that it's pretty much only the A/V pros who care about Firewire. And most of those will opt for the MBP over the MB. My only everyday use for Firewire in the past was for external hard drives (superior to USB for speed and consistency). Now that I've moved to eSATA for my external drives, my only need for Firewire is when using my M-Audio Firewire 410 for occasional (hobbyist) audio work. But I realize that I'm in a pretty niche user category for...
They also have Parallels Workstation for Windows & Linux.