or Connect

Posts by auxio

Sure, buffering takes care of smoothing out slower data transfers while playing video.However copying 10+GB video files on a regular basis over an 800Mbit/s connection just feels like wasted time to me now that I'm used to 3000Mbit/s.
But why not just put it on the server Mini then? I guess it requires a separate production line, but it would make me seriously consider replacing my server with the Mini when the time comes (due to the low power consumption and expandability options). Though I would miss having my 2 gigabit ethernet ports...
The main thing which holds the Mac Mini back from being a decent home media server is the fact that the internal hard drive is not easily upgradable. I know I've said in the past that modifying the Mini isn't much more difficult than modifying a PC, but increasing/adding hard drive space is something which is done frequently enough on servers to warrant the need for it to be as easy as possible (i.e. not require putty knives and patience).And there's no eSATA port to...
Looks like 3Com has hit the patent trolling stage of business.
To me it's not so much the noise that's troublesome, it's the fact that I don't know if I'd be able interact with people who spend most of their time speaking partial messages to each other rather than having interactive conversations (or, moreover, whether they'd be able to interact with me)? I already find the text message generation to be awkward enough at face-to-face communication as it is. I've spent most of my life in front of computers and even I don't understand...
I actually think speech to text is the future for mobile devices. Assuming that the quality is good enough, it's ideal for composing email and text messages, which is the vast majority of typing situations for mobile devices.Admittedly, speaking emoticons might be a bit weird -- or deleting parts of your message might be easier using the touchscreen. But overall, it seems like the fastest way to compose conversational messages.Then again, envisioning a future where...
Where's the side profile view of it? I want to see how thick it is due to the keyboard. I'm not against physical keyboards, I just think that most of the time the downsides to having one on a mobile device outweigh the benefits. But I'm open to convincing...
There's no guarantee that if you go to the Dell website (or whichever pre-configured PC brand you prefer) that you're going to find a computer which fits your exact needs either. Apple has build-to-order options, Dell has build-to-order options, maybe you'll find one which fits, maybe you won't. If you don't find a preconfigured machine which meets your needs, then you're going to have to customize it either way. And as I said, it's only slightly more difficult with a...
Absolutely. Have you even considered the core of your argument?You basically say that the Mini and the iMac are not what you want because the Mini is underpowered and the iMac is an all-in-one. You want a machine like the Mac Pro, but at a lower cost -- correct?What I'm saying is that if you need a machine which is as customizable/upgradable as the Mac Pro, I'd venture to guess that you'll be doing some actual customization on it at some point -- correct?So then what's...
I'm not sure what part of Canada you're in, but in my circle of friends and coworkers, only two own a Blackberry (both because their work pays for it). Everyone else I know either owns an iPhone or owns neither phone but wishes they could afford an iPhone (the monthly service plan cost is too high).Most of the time it's simply archaic business infrastructure which forces people to own Blackberries, not actual personal choice. One of the BB users owns both a BB and an...