or Connect

Posts by auxio

I'm still not convinced about this argument. I mean, I'd be a heck of a lot angrier if I downloaded an app which messed up my $3000 Mac Pro than my $199 iPhone. Yet it's possible to do just that with no restrictions on desktop/laptop apps. So why the restrictions on mobile apps? The only argument which sorta makes sense is that a malicious app could try to use the GPS without asking permission and potentially allow someone to secretly track people and/or use the phone...
That was his point: he doesn't want to carry a full laptop with him (for one reason or another). So he wants to be able to present off either a mini-laptop (which Apple doesn't have) or the iPhone (which can't present native Keynote or Powerpoint files). It is possible to present off of an iPhone using the AV adapter I mentioned (assuming the projector also has a composite or S-Video input -- which most should) and exporting the presentation to image files which are then...
Well, until there's a Powerpoint or Keynote viewer app for the iPhone, the only other option would be to record a desktop video of you running through the presentation on your computer, then play that back as you speak (pausing at points as needed).
Not quite a full solution, but try this:Apple Composite AV Cable(I prefer the component video cable, but composite input is more common)Export your presentation as images (both Keynote and PowerPoint can do it), put them into an album in your photo management software, sync them to the phone, then use that cable to display them as a presentation via your projector (ie. a photo album slideshow).You can also find software to convert and format videos for the iPhone, then...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sarcasm Incidentally, that should also open up a whole world of British comedy for you.
I second that suggestion. In addition, I'd like to see something whereby, if you're listening to your iPod and you run a 3rd party app which wants to take control of the audio subsystem, you can choose which audio stream you want. Or better yet, just allow proper audio sharing between apps.
I used to have this problem all the time prior to Leopard. But I have to agree with solipsism that it hasn't reared it's head in Leopard yet (and yes, I connect to both SMB and AFP shares). I just get a window asking me if I want to disconnect from the share.OTOH, try browsing through Windows Explorer after network drive mappings have disappeared. Now that's painful. It doesn't bring the system to a halt, but you pretty much lose all file browsing ability and tend to...
The quarter has expired for RIM's one trick pony ride. If my company forced me to get a BB, I'd find a new job. I prefer to work with people with a passion for technology, not a passion for job security. Tech companies with too many of the latter usually don't last long.
Look ma, no palms!
And there will be monthly dance-offs to determine who gets the corner office...