or Connect

Posts by auxio

Also, rechargeable batteries hold less and less charge over time.  For those of us who aren't rough on our headphones, it means we'll be throwing away a perfectly good set of headphones in 3-5 years.  These ones would last much longer.
 So we should just accept it as a fact of life and not bother caring or taking any interest in it?  Isn't that the business case for the vast majority of web content? While most of the knee jerk reaction comments here aren't all that interesting (as a Scottish friend of mine says: we're blowing smoke up each others arses), every now and then some of the people who have been in the industry a long time chime in with stories and interesting perspectives based on their...
 There are many people on this site who are involved in the technology industry in one way or another and actually care about and study/remember the history of it (who did what to be successful) and think about what direction the industry will go in based on those actions.  melgross, for example, just posted some relevant details about Samsung's history. Perhaps you don't have the same level of interest and simply see it as companies competing for consumer dollars and the...
 I wouldn't really call Jobs' leadership style "adult supervision". Closer to the reverse actually (thinking of the pirate flag days).   Existing without passion and direction is more how I see it.
 Not surprising given that most of the manufacturers using Android chose it because it was the cheapest option for getting a mobile OS with functionality similar to what Apple was offering and not out of some altruistic belief in "open" or understanding of giving back when you get something.  For now, Android is an important part of Google's core business (data collection and advertising) in the mobile device space.  However, should some major manufacturers like Samsung...
 Yup, that post pretty much reads like the Gizmodo article linked above.  As he said "sour grapes hold no weight in court".  They signed a bad contract out of desperation and inevitably ended up on the losing side. As to the original point: even if Beats never had the in-house audio engineering chops, they certainly have access to it now via Apple.  Apple essentially bought a brand with a dedicated following that I doubt they themselves would be able to build.  Worth 3B?...
Are you being paid to generate negative comments about Apple watch or something?  I think that's a dozen or so similar comments I've read in the past couple of days.  You don't like it, we get it, get over it and stop derailing unrelated threads. As for the topic at hand, as someone else stated, it sounds like sour grapes from Mr. Lee because he sold his stake in Beats before the Apple acquisition.  Monster makes overpriced cables that are literally forced upon you by...
Or just join the AllSeen Alliance and make use of/contribute to the pool of existing open technologies there.
 Open is only well-intentioned in academia.  As soon as a corporation latches on to the concept, the intention is almost always to get free/cheap labour (shortcut product development time) and/or to use it as a marketing strategy.  The ruse is that their intentions are to make everything interoperable, and some of the people working for that company may actually believe that and work in that direction for a while.  But when push comes to shove, they'll divert resources...
Good to hear that the different divisions of the VAG finally started working with each other.