or Connect

Posts by auxio

I think it's a combination of the two. I know a lot of people who bought both models under the "his and hers" (or all combinations thereof) excuse.  And the "single because I love technology more than people" crowd waited for the 2nd gen.
 This, on the other hand:  would have flown off the shelves given some retail exposure.
 There are ways around memory limitations in most cases if apps are designed right. If someone is editing the image onscreen at full resolution, they'll only be seeing a small part of it at any given time, so apps only need to keep that small chunk of the image in memory (plus a bit extra at the edges to ensure smooth scrolling) at any given time.  If someone zooms out to view the whole image, use a scaled down version of image which is lower resolution.  If they're saving...
 This is exactly what I was going to say.  While the Amiga had great games (Dungeon Master!) and artistic software, it's overall usability and usefulness in a wide variety of areas was lacking relative to the Macintosh.  It was definitely the gamer's machine of choice for that era, but never really broke outside of that market. Oh, and the first Mac I owned was the 1st gen TiBook (though I had used plenty of others before that).  At the point where I could afford to buy my...
 So what, you looked at the pictures and decided that the Prada was the originator of the smartphone era and simply lacked a good salesman? As others have said, there were plenty of "smart" phones before the Prada (Palm, WinMo, BB).  And just because the Prada looks like an iPhone, but came beforehand, doesn't make it the same product. Did it integrate well with both Mac and Windows: sync + backup all your contacts, calendars, photos, and music on both platforms?  How was...
 Since when does the real world have anything to do with journalistic bias?  Likely someone with a vested interest in an Apple competitor sits somewhere higher up the food chain from NYT.
 And personal computers would still be circuit boards, a power adapter, and a screen hand-wired together by hobbyists if it weren't for people like Woz (and Jobs pushing him to make technology simpler).  So what's your point? We all know that they didn't invent everything, but they've invented (and commercialized) a hell of a lot more technology than most companies today if you're looking at the history of personal computing devices in it's entirety.  So while I do get a...
 Just as the seasoned computer hardware and software designers back then laid the foundation for the technology we use today, the seasoned businessmen and investors who had the right outlook (not just in it to make a quick buck and get out) laid the foundation for the great technology companies of today.  The people involved in the industry today could definitely learn something from this.
 That speaks a bit to mdriftmeyer's original point.  People with less life experience are often arrogant and dismissive towards people.  In order to design truly great products, you need to listen to people and understand their needs (even if they may not know how to express them).  If you're a technical person who is constantly dismissing non-technical people and only designing products with yourself in mind, you're likely not going to find much success.  And although...
My favourite part of the CNET article: