or Connect

Posts by auxio

Not at all. I'm simply pointing out the flaws in the rationale behind thinking that bigger and bigger hard drive based iPods will solve the problem of a growing digital media collection. I much prefer rational argument to name-calling. And I don't think Apple should completely discontinue the hard drive based iPod line. I simply think they should put more focus on the flash-based line until such time as they can replace the existing hard drive based line with...
It was redesigned to absorb a bit of shock around the time it was put in laptops. But it's never been ideally suited for said bouncy environments.If you think it is, try dropping a hard-drive based iPod a few times while it's playing. My wife's only took one such drop to end its life.
wow, a bit touchy are we? I didn't realize it was a crime to post an opinion on the matter.Obviously a person can't carry their entire CD or DVD collection with them (unless it's very small), so I'm just wondering why people expect to do it with their digital media collection once it grows beyond a certain size? In that case, no matter how much storage a portable media player has, it'll never be big enough because you'll just keep amassing more media to fill it and go...
Am I the only person in the world who thinks it's utterly ridiculous to store your entire movie, picture, and music collection on a fragile portable device? I realize that the process of actually changing your playlists and removing content you don't use anymore once every couple of weeks or so may be too cumbersome and baffling for some, but get over it! The hard drive was never designed to be bounced around continuously in your pocket. I'm ready for the transition...
To quote Comic Guy: "I'm so sick of that joke" As for the Grillz comment -- now _that_ was funny. Anyway, I was holding out for the successor to the Nano for my next iPod purchase, but I'm so tempted by orange.
Yeah, I could care less about push email. I just want a phone where I can type out an email without bashing my head against the wall. That's where the Crackberry is better than a regular phone.Yeah, that's the same with me. My last "true" PDA was the Visor. Though my Ericsson Z600 keeps all my contact info and syncs via Bluetooth with my Mac. So it's a pretty decent PDA in that respect. Though I still usually end up writing information down on a piece of paper when...
Yeah, Rogers and Fido are the same now, so it doesn't really matter. Fido always had the best phones IMO (still happily using the Ericsson Z600 I bought a few years back), so I'd imagine that trend will continue even though they were bought out by Rogers. Glad I didn't get caught up in the Crackberry hype and will soon be going straight to the iPhone. I was holding out for true convergence (phone, contact manager, wireless syncing, decent MP3 player, decent camera,...
Think about it this way: Apple obviously isn't one of the first to market with a cellphone as they were with the personal computer. They don't have the luxury of creating and shaping the development of a market segment. Over the past 25 or so years, the cellphone market has developed into the type of market where you need to pair yourself with a service provider if you want to be successful.Sure Apple could create an unlocked cellphone which isn't tied to any service...
oh, ok, i didn't know that. i guess he wants to try and keep the interface as elegant as possible. however, i'm of the opinion that if people really want to clutter their phone up with extra apps, you should let them. just don't allow the apps to be integrated into the main workings of the phone (ie. making the phone unstable).i hope he's talking about the phone and not Mac OS X in general. from my perspective, widgets are just glorified web applications, and not every...
Well, maybe I'm not the average user, but I prefer to store my MP3 collection on a RAID 5 server myself. Having had 6 hard drives die on me over a 10 year period, I don't trust a collection of music I've spent 7 years building to any single hard drive -- especially a portable one. That's like leaving a collection of vinyl records in a glass house and hoping the sun doesn't shine for too long on it. So 8 gigs is plenty for me on a portable listening device.Admittedly, I'm...