or Connect

Posts by auxio

It's funny, people complain about lack of PVR ability in AppleTV, and lack of 3G in the iPhone. However, I applaud Apple for giving the finger to the archaic billing schemes and convoluted technology for enforcing them employed by the cellular and cable companies.I can't imagine how much work it would be to develop for and support the hundreds of different cable card systems used by different set-top boxes and cable companies. Open standards and technology are the way to...
Sounds perfect to me. I just hope I don't have to buy into a contract with a large (expensive) data plan to get the iPhone.I'll still use the data plan a bit while I'm on the move (mainly for directions), but I'll save the bulk of my internet access (emailing, browsing) for when I'm on a Wi-Fi connection. Unless cellular providers can come up with a sane pricing scheme (not likely within the next few years anyways, especially here in Canada).So yeah, I don't personally...
What I don't understand is, if you need a computer with a display which is perfectly color accurate (for preparing files for print or whatnot), wouldn't that be the very first thing you test for when you buy a computer? And if it doesn't measure up, I'm sure you'd be able to return the computer and get a refund if you do it within a reasonable amount of time (though I admit, I'm not familiar with Apple's return policy).
I actually thought this thread was one of the funniest I've read in a long time. I love seeing the discrepancy between the straightforward thinkers and the creative thinkers/pranksters. Some people just don't get it...
haha, no. i am going to a loft party though. speaking of Joey Ramone, has CBGB been stripped down to the walls yet, or is there something left worth seeing there? weird, i've used 10-4 and CB in the past couple of posts. i think that joke affected me on a subconscious level
10-4 on that. Though sometimes I feel like we're lacking interesting architectural design as compared to major US cities (maybe it's just because I'm not into Victorian era design). But the ethnic diversity and the restaurants here are amazing. Lived here for 7 years and I continually find great places to eat. Never been to Philly (love old Philly soul/funk though), but I am heading down to NYC for the first time over the long weekend, so I'm pretty excited about that.
A jokes are so passé here in Canada. As for the X.X.X comment, _that_ was brilliant! I almost ended up with ginger ale in my nose (seriously).And what about the people who will confuse 10.4.10 with 2.4.2? With all this confusion, maybe Apple should just call it a service pack?*ducks and covers*
I don't quite buy this argument. Regardless of what is being displayed on the screen (a dynamically created image, or a static image), you still need to put it into a framebuffer so that it can be displayed on the screen. Whether you take a JPEG image, convert it to the required image format for the framebuffer, and load it there, or generate the image data on the fly and load it, you still need that framebuffer memory to be allocated in VRAM. So unless video card...
Are you kidding? XP's interface was like a copy of the OS X interface for kids. Those big, ugly window buttons are not even comparable. They look like Duplo blocks or something. Everything just felt too big, clumsy, and in-your-face in XP. The first thing I do when I install a copy of XP is revert it back to the Classic styling.I'd say that Vista has simply caught Windows up to the current state of Mac OS X. The parts where they appear to have outdone Mac OS X with...
Yeah, it has gotten better of late. Another quirk which annoys me though is, when connected to SMB shares, if you put the computer to sleep and then wake it up again, it automatically disconnects you from the share without giving you any notice.Perhaps there's nothing in the SMB protocol for maintaining connections across sleep sessions, but at least give notice when you disconnect a share and possibly give the option to reconnect to it.