or Connect

Posts by auxio

I wouldn't go so far as to say that Apple is about consumer goodwill. What I would say about them is that they actually have someone with a real passion for technology and a vision shaping the direction of their company. Someone who manages to balance profitability with research and innovation.As opposed to having anonymous shareholders who could care less about the actual experience of the product, and whether anything is actually moving forward, as long as there are...
More news that shows how Canada is slipping further behind the rest of the world when it comes to consumer-level communications technology. Even our wired internet plans are substandard and overpriced when compared to those in other nations. For a country in which the first long distance telephone call was ever made, it's really sad.
I account for 2 of those unlocked phones myself. And no, I wouldn't have bought a single iPhone if I couldn't unlock it because: a) It's not available in Canada yet b) Even if it were, I don't think I could justify spending close to $100 per month on a cell phone given that I'm a very casual cell phone user So in my case, the iPhone being unlockable definitely benefitted Apple.
Well, I just lost a reply because of social networking technology. It's no wonder I don't use it on a regular basis.Anyways, the gist of my reply is that I never said it was a fad. I specifically said that I know it'll be around for a long time. And It's already been around for a while if you consider newsgroups and mailing lists to be social networking.However, the hodge podge of installing/maintaining/learning the interfaces and content on a half-dozen or so social...
I agree. Once formal and standardized social networking technology protocols are in place, I'll be willing to bet that bigger companies like Apple and Microsoft will venture into social networking with more professional content creation/management tools and add-ons. Right now it's everyone trying to carve their niche and get the most number of users locked into their proprietary new technology as possible so that they can get top dollar from advertisers on their site. ...
If you honestly believe that the only area in which change and innovation is taking place is in social networking technology, then you really must be a "fulltime Facebook employee" (as one of my unemployed relatives who spends all of his time maintaining his Facebook and other social networking profiles lists as his profession).I simply have no interest in social networking sites because I spend much of my time working on a half-dozen or so projects (technical or...
Yup, I'm in the same boat. Been using computers for over 25 years now and I have no interest in putting my life on display for the world. Not to mention that I just don't have time to maintain a virtual persona on a half dozen or so social networking sites. I spend my entire day working on computers, so when I want to socialize with others, I get off the computer, give them a call, and go meet for drinks. I find it a lot more gratifying.I think there is a market for...
I have this problem in Tiger too (10.4.11). Both with my MBP and my wife's PPC Mac Mini (moreso with the Mini). The computer only goes to sleep about 1 out of every 3 times you actually tell it to do so. So I don't think this bug is anything new with Leopard. I believe it's a longstanding problem.
I guess for people who have only ever used POP, this is a bit of a shock. But for someone who ditched POP in favor of IMAP as soon as I understood the differences between the two, this is a welcome default. I mean, having local copies of email and status information on every computer/device you use (and never knowing when it's actually been deleted on the email server) only really makes sense if you still use dialup or other intermittent internet access methods (and only...
No, it's poppers. They're trying to recreate Studio 54. Complete with new disco ball inspired case designs for the MacBook Pros.