or Connect

Posts by ncee

Yes, except this is a case of which came first, the chicken or the egg. Had Apple not been making computers, they wouldn't not have gone into making iPod's and so on … Let us now forgot that the funky iMacs' came before the iPods, not to mention their Laptops too. Skip
It's nice that Steve Jobs was working on a TV concept, but it better not take to long to show what he had started, or it will all be forgotten. Do the folks at Apple have what it takes to bring the TV to the forefront, do they care to do so? I for one, would rather they put their time and energy BACK into what got them here in the first place, and up-date the Pro Series Desktop / Tower units … please. Skip
26% of Amazons customers, when asked, said they were considering purchasing the Fire over the iPad. 26% of Ford's Customers, when asked, (just ask Mike Rowe) said they were considering purchasing a new Ford over the new Rolls Royce … Folks can skew numbers, and make people think all kinds of things. Heck, maybe he see's this as his opportunity to become the next Steve Jobs, and convince folks of this, but in the end, folks will buy, what works best for them, and for...
And as pointed out, it's JC Penny, Not Apple or any other major brand. I'm sure he will get some things changed, but will they be enough? If he get's Apple products into the stores, THAT could be a BIG push right from the get-go. An Apple mini-store in each of the larger (not near other Apple stores), could be great for him, JC Penny, and Apple. If there are 1100 JC Penny stores, it's a safe bet, many are in areas, were there is not an Apple store, and maybe not...
Nothing here about the 1,000,000 shares Mr Cook got. Damn that's what, some 400 million dollars once they can be accessed? Sorry, this coupled with what might be the end of Desktop Units, doesn't compute to me. Take some of that, and fund the units that got Apple to where they are today! Skip
Bring back to Apple Cube Computer now! Skip
10 pages of comments (so far) seems to be a good enough reason to keep them, and make them kick ass! Skip
What and when it comes out, who knows. Will Apple come out with up-grades, duh, yes. 2012 WILL be a very important year for Apple. They WILL need to show that even though SJ is gone, Apple isn't. Will we all get what we WANT, hell no! Will some of us get what we WANT, hell yes! Will any of us get what we NEED, now that is another question altogether. I'd love to see (even if it's a last issue): - New Tower Unit options - 30" or larger Monitor - A Very Cool...
Hell, I'd even give serious consideration to the new DTP units, if they brought back and up-dated the "iCube". Make them stackable units. Make them clear cases You know, just do something please. Skip
Hell, subsidize the damn things with your freakin 75 BILLION cash reserves, or you could just sell them for less, upgrade more often (heck make believe it's an iPhone). By holding off on updating, fixing, making better, lowering the price and giving folks an option, yes I'm sure many have switched to an iMac (and many others have jumped the fence). Heck, if it IS such a small part of the company, then subsidizing won't really cost you that much, and you'll end up...