or Connect

Posts by 512ke

This is just a quick aside, please forgive me if it sounds like a rant.   Apple, please please provide a solution to the mess that is my iPhoto library.  I've been using iPhoto since it came out, so I've got gig upon gig of photos, all organized in a cryptic process that I still don't understand.  Weirdly labeled folders are nested in other folders in seemingly logic-defying ways, spreading out my pictures and greatly frustrating my wish to have them in simple folders...
Dudes, Apple does a great job.  There are just some limits even for the top manufacturers and tech companies.   Samsung doesn't have this problem because their best-selling phone sells less than the 5C.   You never ever hear about a backlog of orders or pent-up demand for Samsung products.   You never ever see anyone camped out to buy the latest Galaxy.   Never.   I'm not saying they Samy doesn't sell plenty of products; they do.     But in baseball terms,...
Ooooh another company cannot resist comparing itself to Apple in an ad.   Count Paypal among the number of worried, insecure companies that are obviously running scared of getting iHurt.
"Well… yeah. It’s not live anymore. I can’t imagine you’d be able to."   Sorry, I mean the keynote.   Link on Apple.com indicates "view the keynote"   Maybe it's a problem with my browsers? Or plug in issue then.   Thanks.
"Seriously, your line of "never gotten livestreams right" is bullshit. The past few years streams have been generally fine, except this time. "   I personally STILL cannot see the $*(*#$% live stream on Apple.com.  I can't see it on any of the three browsers I use on my Macbook Pro.   Can other people see the stream?
Never buy first gen. *Unless you want to be seen as a cool cutting edge early adopter. **Or you want to have bragging rights for having the first iteration of what promises to become an iconic product. ***Or you want to sell it years later as a valuable collectors item. My 512ke Fat Mac lists on Ebay... ****Or you plan on selling your first gen on ebay or Craig's list to buy a second gen. Apple products usually have great resale value. Otherwise ... never!
"But I knew that there would be people here who wouldn't want to read that. You're the first. Congrats!"   Well my point was that it is a logical impossibility what you're suggesting.   It's nothing to do with my personal bias (although certain I have one lol).   It's more that even if someone wanted desperately to get their hands on the new Samsung stuff that was just announced, it would be literally impossible at this time.   Therefore to suggest that people are...
"Of course, this could also mean that Samsung owners were waiting to see what Apple offered, and after having seen it, were disappointed, and are trading in their phones to buy new Samsung models which were also recently revealed. That may not be a popular thought here, but it's certainly veey possible."   I doubt that seriously.   1) Samsung announced new projects without pricing or release dates or availability.   2) Even if Samsung tries to ship, as reported on...
This is a great commercial... for Apple. All it does is draw attention to Apple while making Samsung look like Geeks for creating this dumb ad.
This is great, but how about a search capability of the Mail app on IOS, so that it searches the ENTIRE email not JUST the subject heading, sender, or recipient?  That basic functionality seems absent from iOS7 and is sorely missing.