or Connect

Posts by 512ke

I actually think bendgate benefits Samsung. It tells the world, the new Sammy6 is just like the iPhone.
Right before this new Macbook came out, I picked up an i7 MBA refurbished.   Single Core/2894. Multi Core 5615.
Why do HBO and Netflix need Apple? Can't the providers just put their stuff on a website and charge people to watch it? Forget Time Warner, Comcast AND Apple. Just sell it to the public over the internet. What am I missing (something obviously or these smart companies would not be making deals with Apple).
""Howley did miss the MicroSD slot, removable battery, and waterproofing that were jettisoned thanks to the redesign, but stopped short of calling any of those omissions deal breakers"   ​So, instead of having innovative features that differentiate its product from Apple's, Samsung decided instead simply to copy Apple.   So, the primary distinguishing factor between S6 and iPhone 6 is now the OS.    Why get an S6 over and iPhone? Because you like Android better....
If this rumor were true, Apple would push back the release.
I take back my former skepticism about Apple's TV service. My concern was that without original content Apple's TV platform wouldn't gain widespread use over competitors. Now I see what Apple's exclusive TV content will become, apps. What will the remote be for the new ATV that lets you run apps? An iPhone app?
I am using a new Air i7 and I am very happy with it. I was worried it wouldn't able to handle FCPX, but the Air has handled everything I've thrown at it without a stutter. Big external screen. Display port. Fans barely kicking on.   It doesn't sound like the new Macbook would have been the right choice for me personally -- in terms of processing power.
I don't think Apple is going to be hugely successful with this. The reason is that Apple lacks original content.    If you want to see Game of Thrones legally without having to wait months, you need HBO or HBO GO. HULU has its own shows. Netflix of course has great shows. Amazon has shows.   Without unique content, Apple can't really differentiate itself in this space.   iTunes has unique content for music. Not so really for TV.    iPhones benefit from "must have...
Did the lack of a DVD drive slow MBA sales? Not even for a second. Same deal here. I predict that this new puter will fly off the shelves.
"What would I do? I'd shut it down and give the money back to the shareholders." Michael Dell.   "There’s no chance that the iPhone is going to get any significant market share. No chance." Steve Ballmer.   "I think there is a world market for maybe five computers."—Thomas Watson, chairman of IBM, 1943   "Television won't be able to hold on to any market it captures after the first six months. People will soon get tired of staring at a plywood box every...