or Connect

Posts by 512ke

I like the nomad 7 solar charger a lot. It charges the iPhone very quickly and can even charge an iPad. For me however the 7 was a bit too big and heavy. The smaller nomad is less powerful but it fits nicely into my ultra lite pack. I also love the iPhone for taking hd video on the trail. My ten essentials for backpacking include an iPhone lol. Interesting posts, all. I'm taking notes!
konqerror, excellent points regarding carbon emissions.
Well I respectfully disagree with you about two points, Maestro64:   1) The Goal Zero IS an effective charger.  Its solar battery takes about 8 hours to charge via the panel.  Yeah it takes several hours... but so what?    If you're on a multi day trek, you're just gathering free sunlight, with the thing hanging off the back of your pack via a caribiner clip.  Then you charge your iPhone at night via the battery.  It gives you about an 85% charge by the next morning.  On...
REI already sells a portable camp stove that burns wood and charges your iDevice.   http://www.rei.com/product/846334/   Solar power is a great option.  Try Nomad's Goal Zero.  The ultralight one is really cool, and you can precharge the battery before you leave home.   Another option is to buy lightweight batteries from Amazon.  Cheap and each holds 2 full charges.   An even better option is to leave your iDevice at home... unless you need it for GPS navigation,...
Congrats Apple. Good news for both Apple and China Mobile.
Awww, Dell.  It's like a walk down memory lane!   Every new Dell computer should come with a blast from the past care package that includes stuff like: Gavin Rossdale's Love Remains the Same, a boxed DVD set of Chuck or Battlestar Galactica, and Wii Mario Kart.  (Wasn't 2008 the peak of Dell©?)   Suggested ad slogans for Dell Computer today:   It's not your grandfather's Dell. ©   Dell.  Own Piece of Yesteryear. ©   Dude you're getting a Dell.  And I'm so sorry!...
This article suggests iPad sales are surging at least on Black Friday. And yet IDC is proclaiming today that iPads will falter and lose ground in their sad unwinnable war against Android tablets. Is the iPad surging or souring? Storming the castle or retreating to the woods? My guess is that the iPad will increase both sales and market share in 2014 at Android's expense. I also predict that the Android numbers are grossly even illegally exaggerated.
iPads have the highest customer satisfaction ratings in the history of consumer electronics.
China Mobile. They could help Apple's marketshare grow even more right? Armchair quarterback's call lol: Samsung can't really grow its share. Blackberry is exhausted. Apple is growing not shrinking. No other Android maker has significant share Samsung can steal away. Apple will continue growing at Samsung's expense. That's what happens when you make it to the top of the hill?
What?     Android has the overwhelmingly dominant market share, and yet, Apple has the overwhelmingly dominant worldwide ad impressions?   Okay that defies common sense, or am I just wildly off here?   Someone spends $200 on a tablet and doesn't use it?   Even a user who only checks email, plays Candy Krush, and Googles stuff is still going to be using their tablet a LOT.   You don't have to play the latest 64 bit games to be on your tablet for hours just reading...