or Connect

Posts by 512ke

I take back my former skepticism about Apple's TV service. My concern was that without original content Apple's TV platform wouldn't gain widespread use over competitors. Now I see what Apple's exclusive TV content will become, apps. What will the remote be for the new ATV that lets you run apps? An iPhone app?
I am using a new Air i7 and I am very happy with it. I was worried it wouldn't able to handle FCPX, but the Air has handled everything I've thrown at it without a stutter. Big external screen. Display port. Fans barely kicking on.   It doesn't sound like the new Macbook would have been the right choice for me personally -- in terms of processing power.
I don't think Apple is going to be hugely successful with this. The reason is that Apple lacks original content.    If you want to see Game of Thrones legally without having to wait months, you need HBO or HBO GO. HULU has its own shows. Netflix of course has great shows. Amazon has shows.   Without unique content, Apple can't really differentiate itself in this space.   iTunes has unique content for music. Not so really for TV.    iPhones benefit from "must have...
Did the lack of a DVD drive slow MBA sales? Not even for a second. Same deal here. I predict that this new puter will fly off the shelves.
"What would I do? I'd shut it down and give the money back to the shareholders." Michael Dell.   "There’s no chance that the iPhone is going to get any significant market share. No chance." Steve Ballmer.   "I think there is a world market for maybe five computers."—Thomas Watson, chairman of IBM, 1943   "Television won't be able to hold on to any market it captures after the first six months. People will soon get tired of staring at a plywood box every...
You can buy a gold Rolex and will it to your grandkids. It's a timeless item (pun intended). A gold Apple Watch is not gonna be functional and useful after a few years. It'll be like my original iPhone. That sucker still "works" but it has lost 90% of its compatibility and functionality.   Tech is disposable but Apple is making it a luxury item --- very interesting.   Solid gold Macbook Airs, anyone?
HBO is a really great service with a depth of offerings. This could be very successful for HBO.   Any time you can sell directly to the consumer, provided that you can reach the consumer, you can make more money.   Bad times for cable operators are coming... but I guess they can always charge more for internet access and then throttle services and demand a tribute or ransom to support them.
My concern for Samsung would be, a lot of their users want great value, great specs, and a lot of versatility. If Samsung takes away stuff like waterproofing, SD card slot, and replaceable battery, are they going to alienate their core higher end buyers? This new Galaxy S6 seems like it's really NOT aimed at the current Galaxy high end users, no?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dudJjUU9Nhs
No, Samsung, Mighty Google is not going to let one measly Android manufacturer develop its own payment system. Google will get all its underlings under control and Google will control Android's ONLY payment system.   At least that's my prediction. Google cracks the whip.