or Connect

Posts by 512ke

I can see all the Google investors right now shooting a big THUMBS UP and saying "Good job, Google, that's the way to use our money!"   Jetpacks, robots, and self driving cars, oh my!
In baseball, if you got a hit 50% of the time, you'd be an all-time superstar.  The same is true of Analysts.  If they are right half the time, they're at the top of their game.   My own financial advisor has been both right and wrong about Apple.  When I bought super low, the reaction was, "good luck you'll need it, that's crazy."  When I panicked and sold a third of my position around 400, my analyst said, "don't sell, this is the finest company in tech, you are...
We I meant we know new products are coming by the end of the year. Therefore, in my opinion, the closer we get to the end of the year OR the unveiling of said products, the more the stock will rise. And then of course it will go down the day after the unveiling or Dec 31, but that's beside the point. I will also point out just for the heck of it that I bought my first APPL shares closer to 11.
Well my post got yanked.  That was a first.   All I pointed out was that the headline is editorializing.     How do we know that "investors embrace capital reinvestment?"  Maybe that's not the main reason -- Apple has been repurchasing shares for a while, while the stock did not rise that much.   Reasons for a rise now?  Repurchases are only a small part, I think.  New products.  Good profits.  And the popping bubble of some of its competitors.  Safety of the stock...
 Agree. Also thanks for the many illuminating articles about Apple. But. How do we know that the rise is due to "strength of share buybacks?"  What indicates that is the reason?  Couldn't it be because investors are hearing more about new products coming up?  Or couldn't it be also because Apple's earnings rose? It feels like, if Apple goes up, sometimes the reaction is "well that's just because of buybacks and financial engineering."  Well, no.  Apple is doing a great job...
Well, Apple could just do what Samsung does, and call every incremental update a totally different new model.   Like, Samsung just mildly tweaked the Galaxy S4 and rebranded it as the S5.   Maybe if Apple kept renaming the iMac, the new iMac S5, that would make everybody here happy.
Brilliant!  A short cut between your bank account and Amazon's!  Quote-worthy!
Wow!  In a brief, pointed, and well-written article, you prove the incredible power that one individual can exert in a media-connected world.  This article shines a light of truth that burns away so much falsehood and manipulation.     And your piece makes so much sense!  How could it be that Apple's web usage was so much higher than its supposed marketshare?  How could it be that Android and Samsung and Microsoft were supposedly conquering Apple in the market, when all...
Let Samsung enjoy some rare good news amid its ongoing shrinking profits and plateaued revenue.   http://pds.joins.com/jmnet/koreajoongangdaily/_data/photo/2014/01/08010541.jpg   Here is how I read the jury's verdict.  20something million divided by 150K = Samsung is 800 times a bigger thief than Apple.
Clearly the stealing will go on.  The only way for Apple to keep its theiving competitors in check will be to regain marketshare and continue to set sales record for Apple's uniquely well made, innovative products.   And Apple is doing this as we speak.   U.S. Smartphone Market Share by Operating System (OS)   Dec 2010     25% Dec 2011     30% Dec 2012     36% Dec 2013     42%   What we're watching is the take-down of prey in slow motion.  I know we're all...