or Connect

Posts by 512ke

Why would they fire the guy when they are spending a lot of money to promote the design of their flagship phone? They just gave a big presentation about the design of the S5 and how it's like a diamond etc. And they just released the ad campaign highlighting all the glowing reviews from Business Insider etc. They're too smart to undercut all that by firing the phone's designer. It must be a promotion as a reward for making the S5 such an awesome industrial design object.
All of Samsung's stuff to me just feels like, this is what Samsung wants me to care about, as opposed to... this is why I care about.    This is what other people think about their phones, as opposed to... this is what I think.   Like, if you have a waterproof phone, show the phone at a party falling into the pool (Samsung can rehire all those young people they paid in that commercial to pretend like they don't actually use iPhones in real life).   If it's a heartrate...
So few comments. What, Samsung only pays a penny per negative comment about Apple not positive comment about Samsung? The more worried Samsung gets, the harder they try, and the less authentic it sounds.
Ah thanks.  Should have read the article more carefully. That makes more sense.  It's still an amazing number.
Apple sells 25% of Amazon's total online sales, with just Apple products?   Holy moley.     But what about all the Apple hardware that Amazon sells?  Is that hardware included only in Amazon's sales figures?  Just curious.
I can see all the Google investors right now shooting a big THUMBS UP and saying "Good job, Google, that's the way to use our money!"   Jetpacks, robots, and self driving cars, oh my!
In baseball, if you got a hit 50% of the time, you'd be an all-time superstar.  The same is true of Analysts.  If they are right half the time, they're at the top of their game.   My own financial advisor has been both right and wrong about Apple.  When I bought super low, the reaction was, "good luck you'll need it, that's crazy."  When I panicked and sold a third of my position around 400, my analyst said, "don't sell, this is the finest company in tech, you are...
We I meant we know new products are coming by the end of the year. Therefore, in my opinion, the closer we get to the end of the year OR the unveiling of said products, the more the stock will rise. And then of course it will go down the day after the unveiling or Dec 31, but that's beside the point. I will also point out just for the heck of it that I bought my first APPL shares closer to 11.
Well my post got yanked.  That was a first.   All I pointed out was that the headline is editorializing.     How do we know that "investors embrace capital reinvestment?"  Maybe that's not the main reason -- Apple has been repurchasing shares for a while, while the stock did not rise that much.   Reasons for a rise now?  Repurchases are only a small part, I think.  New products.  Good profits.  And the popping bubble of some of its competitors.  Safety of the stock...
 Agree. Also thanks for the many illuminating articles about Apple. But. How do we know that the rise is due to "strength of share buybacks?"  What indicates that is the reason?  Couldn't it be because investors are hearing more about new products coming up?  Or couldn't it be also because Apple's earnings rose? It feels like, if Apple goes up, sometimes the reaction is "well that's just because of buybacks and financial engineering."  Well, no.  Apple is doing a great job...