or Connect

Posts by Swing

Thanks RobM. I do not think any white MacBook can run 10.8 and was assuming this one cannot. I should have been more clear. Anyway, this MacBook predates the ones in your link, so it cannot.   I do not know how this happened. Maybe there was some OS glitch which needed repair before he tried to update. Otherwise, I do not know how in the world he could have updated. And he does not have an App Store account either.    I did notice there is a "Recovery HD" on the...
Hello,    Seems that somehow my son updated his white MacBook from OS X 10.7 to 10.8.3. Now the machine will not boot.   I've reset the PRAM and repaired disc permissions and tried to reinstall OS X.   When trying to reinstall OS X, the system tries to install 10.7 but then refuses to continue because it sees that the more recent 10.8.3 is installed.   Anybody have a quick fix for this?   I know that I can erase the drive and reinstall fresh, but I am...
FWIW, this was an Airport problem caused by installation of the new 7.5.2 software. Apparently, this version does not work well with my Western Digital ShareSpace NAS RAID (even after I updated the firmware of that NAS). After trying MediaMonkey, Songbird, and an Amarra demo (which worked because of the ability to play from a local memory cache) I decided to try to restart the TimeCapsule one last time. In doing so I noticed I could reinstall the old software, 7.4.2. I...
Hello all, Like some I have problems running iTunes on my 13" MB Pro (2.53GHz Core 2 Duo, 4 GB RAM, the first 13" MB Pro to come back with a firewire port after Jobs banished firewire) ). The problem is the audio playback stutters- a lot- and iTunes is much slower than was normal before. This problem occurs whether I access audio files on a NAS attached to Time Capsule or access files located on my hard drive. My MB Pro is running OS X 10.6.5 and the problems...
Hello, Via the internet I'd like to access my iTunes library stored on a WD Sharespace NAS drive connected via ethernet to a first generation 1TB Apple Time Capsule. I've searched the forums and also run across products by mionet and by simplifymedia but still have not found a solution (though maybe i missed it/them). Is this possible? If so I'd appreciate knowing how. Thanks mucho.
Thanks much for the suggestions. The M-Audio Fast Track Ultra is tempting because it can lock to an external clock, but I think I'll either buy the Edirol or wait for DigiDesign's MBox 2 to be upgraded with a USB 2 interface and then buy that. Better yet, maybe Jobs will wake up and add firewire to the MB and I'll swap my new MB for a firewire MB. In the meantime I guess I'll keep using the trusty ol' 12" PB. Thanks again!
Recently I bought a new 2.4GHz cpu 2GB ram MB and installed a 7200rpm Scorpio Black hard drive. I've continued to use my old 12" PB to use with several external audio boxes using firewire. The most basic device, and the one I use most often, is the PreSonus Firebox, a two channel 24/96 box with phantom 48v mic power. I am already tired of using the PB to record and then transfer the sessions to my MB where I work on the recordings, and so I am searching for a USB based...
FWIW the 7200rpm drive I installed in my 2.4Ghz MB is actually the 320GB Scorpio Black, and I have no problems at all with increased vibration.I was not constrained by money in my purchase, but by my need for portability. So the MBP was out. Though I am happy with the speed of the 2.4GHz MB, in the next 5 months if Apple releases a newer MB with a better screen and/or firewire then I'll immediately replace my new MB.
I have a new 2.4 GHz MB and am pleased with its performance running CS3 apps (mainly PS, ID, DW). I upgraded the harddrive to a 7200rpm drive, and that made a nice difference. The screen is not the best and it lacks firewire, but if you can live with those issues then I imagine you'd be pretty happy with it and its speed.
Marvin, thanks for your help. Our posts crossed at about the same time and I was unable to try your suggestion before I changed to the MB's shipped install disk. I may have the opportunity to try your suggestion in the future and so thanks again.