or Connect

Posts by Feynman

I really think what a lot of people are missing here is that iTV is not just for television and movies. It's for everything in your digital hub. I would like everyone here who thinks MS has a winner and Apple has a loser to tell me how you will easily share everything else that MS is not offering with their movies and tv store. iTV works in the sense I can not only stream tv and movies but also home made videos, my photos, music, and whatever else Apple have up...
What a loaded statement. All I was saying is that Apple is aiming iTV at exactly the same audience as the iPOD - everyone. What is the xBoxs main audience? Gamers.
I think very few people will buy an xBox just for 'arcade' style games. Again, not everyone is a gammer.Are you forgetting that you're on a pro Mac site where the majority of users here fun only run the Mac OS?I won't be using an iTV for standard definition movies. When I buy my Playstation 3 I will have Blu-Ray which is high def enough. When I convert my movies from DVD to the computer I will be ripping them at the highest quality thus when I do stream they will be...
donlphi You bring up a very good point. Portability. What if I want to go to a buddies house and share my pictures with or a video I made, or heck even watch a favorite episode of tv that I happen to have on my iPod? Heck, we won't even need an iTV. The iTV is just a pretty interface to stream your files from your computer to your tv.Explain to me Cory, how will you do this with the xBox?
My father has an HDTV and has no intentions on downloading movies. Not all teenagers and young adults play video games. I am 24 and I just bought a Playstation 2 this year. I am a not a huge gamer. Do I have any desire to buy an xBox 360 so I could also use it for tv and movies? Nope. Do I have a desire to buy an iTV and the Playstation 3? Yup. (let's not get off subject about console wars) Again, iTV does a lot more than just stream movies and tv shows. Again, iTV has...
Personally I like to own the physical DVD but as the xServe RAID gets cheaper and cheaper with more and more storage I plan on buying one fully stocked and will download my entire movie collection (decently sized at over 300 movies) in as best as qualty as you can get. Then with iTV, at any given moment I could watch any movie whenever I want and not worry about paying a rental fee.
You're kidding right? xBox appeals to mainly teenagers to young adults. Not to mention primarily the male population.You think my father will want to get an xBox? Nope! Does he want an iTV? He will be first in line and has told me as such.My point? iTV has as much widespread appeal as the iPod. A product for any generation.Not to mention if all you get is a 20GB drive for the xBox and expensive add ons and you are renting your movies....how does that compete with with the...
I still don't get it. Why not just get an iPod and hook it up to your tv? More variety on iTunes. Besides NetFlix saves the hassle of going to the video store
To browse your digital hub on a television. I will for one make use of iTV to share my photos with. But you could also use to play music and other videos (presumably from Google). If iTV has the bandwith I will use to browse my music library that's close to 200GBs (yes they are all my albums). So iTV and this new scheme Microsoft is trying to get people to buy into is just a load of shite if you as me.
Okay is it just me or is this idea pretty lame? Most people who have an xBox will already have a tv they can watch well duh television on and unless the xBox comes with some encrypted software that does not allow DVD movie play back what's the point of renting a movie you download to watch on your television? It just makes no sense that you will be downloading tv/movies on a gaming console connected to your tv to watch on your television. Is it just me or is that a little...