or Connect

Posts by Feynman

You really seem to have a thing with HDTV don't you? Half the world does not have an HDTV and I really don't think everyone is going to go out and buy one just because of the xBox 360. Given the fact that a decent one is priced well over 600-700 dollars, I doubt most people will buy one just for the xBox especially if most buyers will be teenagers to young adults. In five to six years when prices come down sure but then something even better than HD video will be out.
I'm sorry but where is there mention of Mac Os 10.4? Looking at the Dashboard page, it looks far to complicated for the average user who just wants to access their media content on their Mac. http://www.xbox.com/en-US/support/sy.../dashboard.htm This does not look like something that appeals to a user base of all ages, to me it looks like it appeals to the video game market.
Uhm I'm confused by your response here. All new Mac's (except the mini) have 802.11n. iTV will have 802.11n and connected to your television. Why would you need a 802.11n router? There will not be a hassle in this new era of wireless networking as it will be seamless.I would like to see this being demo'd. I just cannot fathom that Microsoft will have a Front Row approach to everything when there are two different platforms for the host; xBox for tv and movies and your PC...
First of all the iTV is not even out so we still do not know if HDTV will be available or not. How difficult do you really think it will be for Apple to add support to iTunes and the iTV for HDTV? Something tells me not very difficult being that they were the first to come out with movie trailers in HD. Remember Apple has not finished giving us the complete spec for iTV. I think when the iTV is officially announced they will first discuss the addition of a few more movie...
If you ask me that all sounds rather complicated. iTV. One soultion for all auidences of all televisions. iTV. One interface for all auidences of all televisions. End of story.
By the time Mac OS 11 comes out desktops will well have hard drives with over 1 TB of hard drive space where as laptops will be a couple hundred GBs behind. With that being said, I think the OS size could be upwards of 10 GBs (Mac OS 10.4 weighs at 3 GBs, 4 GBs if you install the Developer Tools). It's hard to explain my thoughts but I think we will see some kind of multidimensional OS based around the user experience. Think of the Core technologies. Next I think...
Not to mention how many people will start playing it by mistake?
I still think Mac OS 11 will be revolutionary given that it is not just another X.x release.
I really think what a lot of people are missing here is that iTV is not just for television and movies. It's for everything in your digital hub. I would like everyone here who thinks MS has a winner and Apple has a loser to tell me how you will easily share everything else that MS is not offering with their movies and tv store. iTV works in the sense I can not only stream tv and movies but also home made videos, my photos, music, and whatever else Apple have up...
What a loaded statement. All I was saying is that Apple is aiming iTV at exactly the same audience as the iPOD - everyone. What is the xBoxs main audience? Gamers.